Some Light

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Director…” September knocked and entered Sehun’s study.

Sehun took off his coat, rubbed the back of his head and sat down in front of his chessboard. He stared at it long and hard. An under butler was busy lighting the fire.

September hesitated; she couldn’t read his mood. That was dangerous but she had to explain about Jongin ssi. It had meant nothing, and she was not planning to crossover or anything like that. In fact, next week Friday, exactly 11 days from now, she’d board a flight with Zhang Yixing.

“Director…” the under butler left the room, “About what you saw outside the Woo…”

Sehun raised dark eyes to look at her. The fire danced across his face, casting shadows, “Does it honestly look like I care about any of that?”

September blinked furiously. Almost instant tears but she’d just managed to control them.

“I don’t care if you speak to my brother or touch my brother. Hell, sleep with him if it’s what you need to do before you leave. I don’t think he’d say no.” Sehun lifted the bishop and looked to move it, but then held on to the piece. “You are leaving next week, right?” he raised a brow.

She nodded, head bent.

Sehun stood and crossed to his desk, he pulled a notepad towards him, “Let’s work on your new tasks.”

“New tasks Director!?” she stepped forward, but he turned his back to her and started writing.

“From tomorrow your responsibilities will be: Going with Baek and Kai to Hyeran’s film site – you should enjoy that.” He took the time to glance over his shoulder at her. “Then you need to spend time with halmeoni. Make sure she is well adjusted to you leaving, hand over your tasks to the new HM.”

September’s head snapped up; her heart raced. New House Master? Already?

“Ren will take your place until I appoint a new HM. I have some candidates in mind. You know, people I’ve met along the years and thought if September ever left, this person person would make an excellent HM."

September clasped her hands behind her back. Anything to stop them from shaking.

“Whether you realise it or not…you have been slipping. I mean going to a movie with your boss’ brother? Who does that?”

September blushed with embarrassment.

“I think the one I can't forgive is how you handled Arran’s situation. You allowed my sister to commit acts that will forever haunt her. Arran is more damaged. A House Master must guide, advise, protect and prevent.”

September’s mind went blank. It was the only way she could cope. The only way she could survive this, and it hurt so much because it was true. It was shamefully true, and she wished for a dark place to her wounds. Why hadn’t she realised it before? She had rushed off to help Arran and had executed her plan poorly. What if the police came around after she’d left?

“I blame myself. I wanted to save you. Something that can’t be fixed.” He tore off the piece of paper. It cut through the silence. September flinched. When he turned, she had cleared her face. Poker face in place.

“This should keep you out of trouble.”

“And the plan?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter