The Song Vault

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arran had this weird look on her face that kinda scared September. She’d rushed back from her meeting with President Min, sorry Chen as Sehun kept trying to get her comfortable with using their names to make her 4 pm with the Chairlady and President.

Arran had changed for the meeting. Which wasn’t strange. Arran had the biggest closet on the estate. Bigger, than her halmeoni’s even and she liked to dress up for everything. Everything was an occasion for Arran. September was really going to miss her. 

“You’re staring. Omma, Isa keeps staring at me.” Arran whispered to Gaelin. 

Gaelin rolled her eyes, “Omma, if you will do the honours.” 

Arran couldn’t believe her grandmother still used a punch code. When are you going to ask Sehunah to install eye recognition software or something snazzy? This takes forever.” 

“I like it this way.” her grandmother silenced her on the matter, “This is still my estate.” 

“Yes Chairlady.” Gaelin and Arran chorused but their joking was cut short when the black wrought-iron gates swung inwards into a small passageway. There was another door and the Chairlady entered another code and the door could be heard unlocking. 

“Now then…child” she pushed the door open, “Welcome to the Song Estate Family Vault.” 

September had never been to this section of the estate. It was located via a staircase in the Chairlady’s dressing room. September who’d seen the plans for the Estate when Sehun had Oracle upgrade the security last year, could confirm without a doubt that this was not included in the plans. 

“The rooms are sorted into categories.” Gaelin picked up a folder on a gold stand. It had the Song Estate crest, “It’s all in here,” Gaelin motioned for September to take a look, “Room 1…” Arran pointed a room to the right. “Has the jewellery,” Gaelin explained. 

“That’s where we’re going.” the Chairlady opened the door to Room 1 and September thought she’d entered an actual store. There were so many jewels on display. Different colours, different sizes. 

 

Arran swanned around the room, picking up pieces and trying them on.

Gaelin was the last to enter the room with a bottle of champagne and glasses. “Oh, there’s a bar down here, naturally," she expertly opened the bottle and poured out the sparkling gold liquid. 

“Naturally” Arran flipped her hair and took the glass of champagne her mother held out, “Chin chin ladies.” 

“Salute,” Gaelin and Minah clinked glasses. 

“All of the pieces has a story....” Minah approached a diamond necklace, “This was my halmeoni’s.” she showed them a small card under the piece, “its explained here.” 

“You need to sign out each piece and return it. The estate owns the pieces, not an individual” Arran recited from memory. She was trying on rings, “Some of these still don’t fit. I used to try these on when I was a kid. Hoped this one would fit me...” she pouted lifting a canary diamond ring.  

“We don’t mess around with resizing the rings unless it’s for special use.” Gaelin told Isa, “like your wedding ring,” she took September’s hand, “Omo! Where’s the ring?” 

“I…” September felt caught out, “I have it in my room. I thought it was risky to use it. Someone...someone might see and ask questions…” 

Everyone was clearly disappointed in her. 

“Please don’t lose it.” the Chairlady whispered. 

Arran forced a laugh to clear the air, “Soooo....here’s the sign-out book and of course, there’s CCTV here.” she pointed to the camera, “Do you want to try anything?” 

September looked around. This opulence was beyond the understanding of a girl that didn’t know who her parents were. It felt shameful to stand here and try on diamonds when Mae was out there waiting for her when Hana was upstairs cleaning her room. “Maybe later. Why don’t you pick your pieces for the launch?” September pretended to study a piece but she wanted to get out of here. It felt like she didn't have a right to this, even if she was married to Sehun. 

Gaelin and Minah exchanged a sad look, “It’s a bit overwhelming guys.” Arran saw their spirits dampen, “You’ll get used to it.” 

“I won’t really have the time.” September walked along the line of displays. She picked up a card - Song Min-ha 5th wedding anniversary - 

“Oh darling, really!? must you be so negative? We can’t help that you’re leaving. In fact, we wish you would just stay....” Gaelin implored, “we’re all trying our best here. Chairlady for a week! It’s ridiculous but everyone loves Sehunah that much...so I know it doesn’t make sense and seems silly to you, but if it’s about Sehun..?” 

September’s heart thumped painfully. 

“Can’t you at least fake it for two ing days? For his sake?” Arran blurted out, “Oppa…hmph…” she looked away b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter