Kyungsoo's Choice

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun got into the car with Kyungsoo and handed him the envelope. “What does it say?” Kyungsoo demanded. 

“It’s 94..."

“Aish…” Kyungsoo glared at him.

“She’s Sana’s sister.” Sehun leaned forward to open the minibar and pulled out a bottle of whiskey.

“I’ll take one too.” Kyungsoo gratefully accepted the neat shot and sipped at it as he scanned the test results.

“What will you do?”

“Sanas thankfully sick today.” Kyungsoo held the glass out for another shot. “I’ll head over and explain the situation before Kai’s stupid party.” He glanced at Sehun, “Is that the reason why you’ve taken up day drinking.”

Sehun released a long, tired breath, “that, and I have an asset I’m in danger of losing.”

“I’m guessing this asset can't be easily replaced?”

Sehun shook his head, “And the more I try to hold on…hyung what should I do?”

“If I stand back and just let it slip through my hands then I know I’ll live with regrets. I don’t want to make the same mistake Kai did.”

Kyungsoo snickered, “No one wants to make the same mistakes Kai does.” He earned a rueful smile from Sehun. “You always fight for everyone else. Now it’s time to fight for something that’s yours.”

“Perhaps. Drop me off at the Song Estate I…”

Kyungsoo smacked Sehun on the shoulder to silence him. His mother was calling. He suppressed a groan and answered the call. “Omma…”

“Jung Kyungsoo you just had to ruin everything!” Sarang accused, “just like your father.”

Kyungsoo held the phone away from his ear. Sehun stifled a laugh and lifted his shoulders in question.

“Omma, how is our omma today? Are you getting ready for the engagement party?” Kyungsoo made a circular motion with his hands to tell Sehun he was just making small talk. Sehun poured them another drink, the two clinked glasses.

“Actually, I was just on the phone with Park Haneul’s mother…”

Kyungsoo slapped Sehun’s arm repeatedly. His friend shoved him off. Had Haneul complained to her mother behind his back? Jeez, any respect he’d…

“And she’s on a date with the President of Kaleidoscope. You fool!” Sarang cried.

Sehun stifled a laugh. He could hear bits of the conversation and it was hilarious that Kyungsoo’s mother had gone so far to force him to go on dates. When samchon got back, he was not going to be happy. That, and no one really forced Kyungsoo into anything. Still, he was fond of Park Haneul. They were both members of the Keepers, (GQ2 – Chap 20 – Mad Scientist). Sehun had recruited Haneul after witnessing her divert the power from the school so she could power the theatre’s old chandelier.

“What do you mean she’s on a marriage date?” Kyungsoo sat up straighter. He was irritated. He’d just seen her that morning. Had she written him off long before? “That little brat.” He whispered.

“Bwo?” his mother bellowed. “Haneul ssi was perfect too!” his mother really sounded distraught.

Sehun nodded his agreement. Kyungsoo scowled at him, “Omma, omma…

“Don’t think this means you’ve won Jung Kyungsoo. I’m going to fix you up nicely. Araseo?!!!”

His mother hung up. Kyungsoo stared at the phone before speed dialling his HM, “Suho, find out where Park Han…eul is…” he looked at Sehun, then hung up, “You. Nerd. Find Park Haneul for me.”  

Sehun lifted the envelope with the test results, “What about this?”

“Do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter