Peaceful Morning

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana went into the kitchen, the sun wasn’t up yet - perfect. She was just in time.She put the kettle on and set five cups on the counter. "It's going to rain." 

Isa went to the cupboard and fetched the good stuff. They made a pot of coffee and poured out their coffee, just as Davi came into the kitchen. “I think we should allow Mika to sleep in for once.” she told them, “I’ll take this one.” they walked to the edge of the garden. 

“Wait for me!” Sung-kyung rushed up to them, “Sorry I’m late.” She carried a cup and the pot of coffee. They made their way down to the shore and sat on the beach, watching the sun come up. Davi turned to Hana - Hana turned to Isa - Isa took Sung-kyung’s hand. They didn’t say anything because they’d talked enough, argued, fought, loved, made peace with each other and today. 

 

In the Control Room, Jimin used his phone to take a picture of the screen. He often did this. So many competitions, so many rules, they monitored everything, private and public of the competitor’s lives. But, they missed these moments. The moments that showed warmth, love toward one another.  Four warriors on a beach - he titled the picture and saved it under his powerful women folder. 

 

As the sun made it’s ascent over the cliffs, they walked across the grass back to the house, “If anything happens today, promise that you will finish what I couldn’t. Go to the School. Free Mae.” 

“Free them all and burn it to the ground,” Davi promised.

Kris, Baekhyun and Tao sat on the porch steps, waiting for them, “Can I have some of that?” Kris held out his hand for Sung-kyung’s coffee. He shared with Tao. 

Baekhyun took Isa’s hand. “We’ve been through a lot, hey kid?” she nodded, “You and I...there is nothing but love.” he rubbed his thumb over her hand. Isa wrapped her arms around his shoulders and squeezed till he patted her back, calling mercy. 

Kris pulled Sung-kyung between him and Tao and she wrapped her arms around their shoulders. Davi and Hana sat on the step below Baekhyun and Isa. He moved his feet a little forward, so he could touch her. Isa finally noticed it with a small smile. How dumb she’d been. All this time, he hadn’t been chasing after Davi. “You really are dangerous Master Baekhyun. I really think - I might - possibly - you know? Like a brother.” 

He flashed her his come hither smile and she laughed, “Ditto kid.” 

“How pretty,” Tao sighed, content. “We may have been trapped here, but you know, it stopped feeling like I was being forced a long time ago. I was first Mr S, then a House Master, but now I’m just Zitao.” 

“I always liked Mr S and House Master Tao and I’m sure I’m going to love Zitao.” Sung-kyung slapped his leg. 

“You, being here,” Davi said, and they all quietened to listen to her. When Madame Zhang did speak, everyone wanted to listen. She was the heartbeat of this island. “I was able to make peace with a lot of things. I found companionship, love, sisterhood.” 

A silence fell over them and they shared the last of the coffee and watched the sun, inching its way across the grass toward them. Marking its territory afresh, bringing more and more of the island into the light. 

Sung-kyung hopped up, “Come on es.” she held her hand out. Hana rolled her eyes but she was the first to place her hand over Sung-kyung’. They all placed their hands on top of one another, “Together.” Sung-kyung nodded firmly. 

“Together.” they chorused. 

Park Jimin came round the side of the house, “Shall we begin?

***

Davi let September into her bathroom to perform the cleansing ritual. A large mirror and the Gold armour of Zhang Yixing was brought in. Worn by a former butler and resized for her. September stared at it. Davi loosened her hair and brushed it. 

“May I?” 

Davi covered to stop from screaming as Sehun hopped through the window. She wordlessly handed him the brush and left the room, closing the door behind her. She sat on the bed, then remembered to lock the bedroom door. 

Sehun stood behind Isa and brushed her hair. Her heart beat too fast. He felt the water before he slipped the gown off her shoulders. His hands slid over her sof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter