It's Okay Now

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m giving you one last chance!” Aya yelled. The butlers hesitated. Were they really going to attack the girls? More butlers came out through the kitchen door.

The girls split, 11 faced the kitchen and 11 faced the Head Butler. Yimin couldn't help be impressed that they could already strategise at their age. “You don’t scare us anymore.” the littlest yelled and smiled widely up at Yimin. He wanted to tell her to pipe down, but he must be brave for them too. He had pulled them from their beds and now they wanted to fight for their freedom. 

“Mind if I in here?” Tao shoved through the throng of butlers, “Move. Jeez. I’m trying to get to the front. I have a message…for the scary lady. Ladies, please...I know you probably haven’t seen a man in a long time, but after this, we can work something out.” Tao grinned as he broke through and was out in the open. In front of him were Yimin and a bunch of the cutest things he’d ever seen. 

“Who are you?” Aya demanded. “Kill him.”

“Wait…” Tao held up his hands, “You see...I don’t think my friends would like that very much.” 

Aya laughed, “Who? I only see you and them…” she looked at the girls and Yimin. “He’s shaking so much, I just have to huff and puff and blow him down.” 

“They really need to start teaching you girls something else.” Tao shook his head, “Actually, I was referring to them.” he pointed behind the butlers, who spun around. 

September, Arran, Jimin and Kai stood there. 

“That’s so cool.” the girls whispered. 

“Try not to kill them,” September said, “They’re just following orders. They don’t know better.” 

“Got it.” Arran slid her fingers along the sword blade, "But everything else goes right?" September nodded and raised her sword over her head and dipped it back to rest flat against her back.  

“Uh…” Jimin pointed with his famous sword to the upper floors, “Maybe someone should go help…” windows were being broken as the older girls struggled with teachers who tried unsuccessfully to restore order.

They all looked pointedly at Kai. “Sorry oppa, but these guys are trained warriors,” Arran didn't want her brother to get hurt and these butlers were no joke. 

A scream broke out from the school, “Sung-kyung…Lilly...” Kai dashed off. 

“That was easier than I thought,” Jimin brought his sword down to target the butlers, “Now, where were we?” 

“If I take out more than you, can I get the sword?” Arran asked. She'd never seen a weapon like it. It's reputation almost as famous as its wielder. 

September rolled her eyes, “Can you two save the flirting for later?” 

“Flirting, fighting, making love, it’s one and the same.”
‘Is it?” Jimin shook his head, “Lee Arran you…” 

“I scare you?” Arran anticipated his answer. It was always the same. Every guy wanted her, but she always scared them. 

“Fascinate me.” Jimin corrected. Arran actually blushed. 

“Urgh.” September ran forward to attack. 

“Kid, get those other kids to the docks. Get them off the island.” Tao ordered as butlers attacked. This time Yimin didn’t argue as he led the girls off to the side and out of the courtyard. 

“Stop them!” Aya shouted orders.

September slid in close, spun and using the hilt of her sword, jabbed it against Aya’s throat and severed her chords, rendering her mute. The butler spluttered blood and stumbled back in shock.“Less talking, isn’t that what they always told us, big sister?” Aya pulled another butler close and used her sword to rip a piece of the butler’s shirt off and tied it around to make a mask. 

September afforded her the time, “You remember me?” Aya didn’t respond, “Oh sorry, you can nod.” 

Aya nodded. 

“Do you remember what you did to me? To Mae?” 

Aya nodded, she smirked behind her mask, then motioned for September to attack. 

***

Kai followed the sound of screaming girls and made it to the second floor. It was chaos. Girls in white nightdresses fighting it out against school staff, too afraid to hurt the girls and the girls giving it all they had. One teacher's hair was set on fire, another wrapped in a bedsheet. 

In all the chaos, Kai tried to find Sung-kyung and Lilly but after making it to the end of the corridor, he still couldn’t see them. He was about to go back through when he noticed the door to the roof. It swung back and forth, hitting against the wall, not able to close. He knew before he ran up the stairs, he knew they’d be up there. 

Sung-kyung and Yoonah faced one another, “What do I even call you these days?” Sung-kyung jeered, “I mean is it Hong Yoonah? The Madame? Lilly?” her eyes danced, “You actually accused me of being obsessed with this family but look at you? You went through plastic surgery to what? Seduce Kai?” 

Yoonah tried not to let those words affect her. Sung-kyung was just a country brat. She was just a scared girl, “Do you think I wanted this? That guy Lee Taemin, you don’t know what he’s capable of. He took my father…” 

Sung-kyung faltered, “You took Emi so you’re just the same.”

“I never wanted Emi to die. That was Song Gaelin and Lee Baekhyun...they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter