House Master's Return

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was waiting outside on the gravel drive with Haida when the sleek saloon pulled to a gentle stop outside the front entrance.

The footman opened the door for Ren. She looked up at the house, “Never thought I’d see this place again.” She lowered her eyes to Sehun, “Young Master Sehun. You turned out exceptional.”

“Hey!” Julian got out on the opposite side and wagged his finger jealously, “But no kidding, what did they feed you?”

“Green juice,” Sehun made a face and embraced Ren, “Ren nuna, welcome home.”

“I’m going to see Kyungsoo. He’s already messaged. How is it I can feel his disapproval through a text?” Julian shivered. “see ya later kid.” He waved before getting back into the car.

“How’s the guesthouse?” Sehun wrapped his arm comfortably around Ren’s shoulder. She was older but he wouldn’t dare mess with her. His former House Master could probably still beat the crap out of him.

“Luca and Tanaka are taking care of things,” Ren turned to Haida, “The house looks great,” Haida grinned, “We have a top team.”

“Yes…” Ren looked around, “Where is my apprentice?”

“Here,” September walked slowly down the stairs and bowed, “Welcome back House Master,”

“You can call me unnie,” Ren teased and smiled warmly at the young woman, “How about some sweet tea while I brief you about what I found in New York?”

“Right away,” Haida motioned for an under butler, “Sweet tea in Master Sehun's Study."

“Did I hear Ren?” The Chairlady came out of her reading room and lowered her spectacles, “Well now,” she motioned for Ren to come closer. Ren bowed, “Let me look at you.” Song Minah grasped Ren’s face and turned it left then right, “Marriage seems to agree with you,” she grumbled, “Welcome home. Let’s have lunch together.”

“Yes, Chairlady.”

September stood to one side. No one would miss her because Ren was here to make sure things ran smoothly until the new House Master was appointed.

“I’ll miss you,” Baekhyun whispered and rested his chin on her shoulder. September didn’t move. “It’s what you were thinking right? No one will miss me because the ice queen has returned.”

“Ice queen?”

“It’s what we kids called nuna, she was so scary. Never smiled and always quick to put us in our place. No fun,” Baekhyun stood beside her, “Kai is almost here.”

“Then have some breakfast before we leave.”

September led Baekhyun to the Morning Room and pulled out a chair at the table for him. An under butler stepped up to take his order, “Just coffee.”  

September studied the breakfast menu, “Turkish yoghurt with green fig preserve and walnuts. Strong black coffee,” she finished.

“I don’t think…”

“Trust me,” September squeezed his shoulder, “Something pure, something sweet, something from the soil, and something strong. Just what you need to face a day like today.”

“Alright,”

“Serve it in the courtyard,” September advised, “Come,”

“We just got here…”

“Tell Director Jongin where to find us,” September told the footman as she guided Baekhyun to the small, secluded courtyard to the side of the house. “Large cherry blossoms stood bare now, but their leaves still rustled in the soft breeze. Baekhyun sat and leaning his head back, looked up at the sky.

“Your coffee,” the butler set the tray on the wrought-iron table. September served it and stood to one side.

“I could get used to this,” Baekhyun took a sip of the coffee and inhaled the pungent aroma.

“It is good coffee and a good setting,” September agreed.

“I meant, you at my shoulder.”

“It is my job to stand at the right side of many great men and women,” September explained.

“Then…Will you stay by my side until I can stand on my own?”

September stared down at his head, brilliant in the soft morning sun. She reached out a hand…

“Why did I have to come all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter