Secret Meeting

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three brothers, accompanied by their butlers, guards and the family doctor; flown in specially for the occasion of ‘releasing the criminal,’ as Yifeng referred to it - were the only people allowed to visit the Place of Darkness. 

The others were kept in the house. Confined to the common areas with armed guards stationed at every entrance. Since, the meltdown; as they liked to refer to Yifeng’s tantrum, guards were on patrol. Their movements were being watched. 

“Yifeng has always been his parent’s favourite. As such, it is he, who currently runs the operations of most of his father’s companies. Yixing, is too soft and his father was disappointed with his condition. As for Yimin…” enough said. The boy didn’t have it in him. “Yifeng has worked hard to quash any real flair for business that Yimin has. He’s petrified and bullied him.” Davi saw the car approaching, the dust lifting up off the road, “Yifeng has yearned for the title of Zhang Family Leader since he was a teenager. Even when we met, he spoke about it. He wants to control everyone and everything. Every single family member - he wants to drop Yimin and Yixing off in some dark cave and kill any chance that someone will rise up to take his place.” Davi was silent. Lyra would have faced a harsh life as her father’s daughter. Was that something to take comfort from? 

Sung-kyung listened with a heavy heart. The more she was stuck on this island, the more she felt like this was exactly where she was meant to be all along. Here, to find Kris and Tao and to bury that psycho Zhang Yifeng. “Guys, we need to speak to Isa. This is bigger than all of us, isn’t it?” no one wanted to say it but - but right now, all the cards were with Isa. She had the power to end everything - if she just lost the Competition. 

“We’re home!” Yifeng sang as they entered through the front door. Every slowly stood. A stretcher was carried in by two guards. They could make out a frail, small shape. Sung-kyung clutched her stomach. “Not you too!” Yifeng warned. He glared at September, “She already threw up enough for everyone.” 

It was a sickly sight. The kind that made you feel squeamish. Hana wasn’t even Hana anymore. 

“Well, this isn’t a stage show.” Yifeng waved the guards off and they carried the stretcher up to Hana’s bedroom. The doctor had set up a drip and shown everyone how to monitor and change the bags. He would stay the first night but that was all Yifeng would allow. “Best get her up and running doctor,” Yifeng looked around the room and finally at his older brother, “We only have 13 days to get her fit.” 

“You crazy bastard…” Baekhyun leapt o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter