The Deal

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There you two are!” Arran was like a little girl waiting for her parents to get home from work, “I had to massage halmeoni’s feet!” she linked her arms in her brother and September’s and guided them down the entrance hall, “Why are you so wet? Ever heard of an umbrella?”

“Arran!” Sehun caught his sister by the shoulders, “How much sweet tea did you have?” September turned and walked back toward the stairs. Sehun’s eyes followed her.

Arran looked from September to her brother, “I’ll just go to bed then.” She quickly caught up with September outside her suite, “I want you to get a copy of my incident file.”

September nodded as she moved toward the bathroom. Arran heard the shower go on.

“I’m coming in.” Arran sat on the chair and explained how campus security should still have a copy of the case was opened five years ago. “My identity was kept secret. I’m sure it will be a piece of cake for you to hack in and get the file?”

September listened as she scrubbed herself. Listened and agreed it was a good idea but right now she kept seeing Zhang Yifeng’s eyes. He was going to punish her when he got her. She’d been a fool to think she could stay here with the Chairlady and the Director forever. There was no telling what Yifeng would do. Losing her was an act against his honour. The Director was not safe and what about the Chairlady? She was so old and might have been a fighter in her day but that was ages ago. September turned off the shower and held her hand out for the towel. Arran handed it to her. “What do you think?”

“I’ll get the file first thing in the morning Director.” September walked into her dressing room. Arran followed. September held back a sigh and pulled out a pair of jeans and black polo neck and dressed behind the screen.

“Once we’ve looked at the file then you’ll start to investigate right?” Arran pressed and then frowned, “Wait why are you dressed to go out?”

“Because Director, I am off duty.”

“Oh of course,” Arran was embarrassed, “You should go out and we’ll pick this up over breakfast.” She watched as September sat at her dresser and started to brush her long silky hair. “May I?” Arran took the brush from her hands and pulled it gently through the strands. “I always wanted a little sister to play dress-up with and give all my small clothes to. September met her eyes in the mirror.

“I’m coming in,” Sehun announced.

“We’re in here.” Arran sang out to her brother. Sehun appeared in the dressing room with a tray of sweet tea. He’d also showered and dressed in casual attire.

“Yum!” Arran grabbed a cup, “I can’t get enough of this stuff.”

Sehun was about to protest but then he noticed September ready to go out, “What are you doing?”

“She’s going out,” Arran snuggled into the wingback with her sweet tea, “This is a great chair. So comfy”

“Be quiet Arran.” Sehun stood behind her at the dresser, “Do you really think it’s a good idea to go out?” Arran strained her ears, why was he whispering? “In the rain I mean…” their eyes clashed in the mirror.

“I’m off duty.”

“I get that.” He said through gritted teeth, “But it’s really raining hard. It might not be safe to drive…”

Arran finally caught some of the conversation, “I think Isa can take care of herself. Besides, she’s entitled to go out and have some fun you meanie.”

September pulled her hair into a ponytail and stood, “Thank you for your concern but I will be fine.” She grabbed her leather jacket off its hanger and moved into the bedroom. Sehun followed. Now Arran had to follow as well. Something strange was going on between these two, stranger than usual.

“Isa…” Sehun’s voice had that warning to it.

Arran caught his arm, “what are you doing?”

Sehun straightened, “Stay out of it.”

But she refused to let him go. “Even House Masters deserve a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter