Start Spreading News

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The white envelopes with the Gold Lee Crest arrived first thing in the morning at each of the Consortium members households. The staff only received such correspondence for very important matters. The last time an envelope like this had been issued was on the death of Min Yoongi’s father.

What had happened this time? The girls huddled around Haida at the Song Estate, “What do you think it is?” Hana shoved Eun-ji aside, “Let’s open it. They won’t even know…ow!” she looked round to shout at whoever it was but shrunk back when she saw it was September, “I was kidding.” She backed away, “I am going to dust something now.” She scurried off.

September couldn’t help but smile at the girl’s antics, “Keep that safe until I return. I don’t want the Chairlady getting a shock first thing in the morning.”

“Well best hurry.” Haida waved her off.

“She really will collapse one of these days. Not even Ren had to run around like this.” Ima sighed heavily. “It’s because Master Sehun insists on treating the House Master like his personal assistant.” Haida said, “It’s not the rules but unless she speaks up to the President then nothing can be done.” He shrugged.

“Next white envelope will be from this estate, announcing her funeral.” Ima eyed the white envelope, but she knew better than to even suggest taking a peek.

***

Kyungsoo was having breakfast with Taeyoon when Suho handed over the envelope, “Delivered by the Lee Estate, early this morning Boss.” He wanted to know what was inside but he preferred his life over a little gossip, so he slipped inside and waited. He could guess what was inside.

“Oh for s Sake!!!” Kyungsoo swore. Something clattered to the floor. Glass broke, “He’s marrying the .” Kyungsoo told Taeyoon who reached for the official notice.

“Oh my!” Taeyoon used the notice to fan her face, “First two idols, then an actress and now a model. Soon us old fashioned, born to it heirs will be outnumbered.” Kyungsoo glared at his sister and she giggled, “Oh my little bulldog, you’re so cute when you’re angry. Can’t you be happy for Kaiah? He’s your best friend.”

“Suho! Suho ssi…”

Suho reluctantly went back outside, “You called for me Boss?"   

“You were hiding, weren’t you?” Kyungsoo shook his head, “How did I? Me the watchdog and protector of this Consortium, get a coward for a House Master?” he directed this at his sister who smiled reassuringly up at the HM.

“I don’t know…” Suho began to answer,
“No, no. I didn’t want a response. It’s a fact.” Kyungsoo lifted his hand, “Clear my schedule. I need to see Song Gaelin.”

“Now really! Must you go off and act all crazy? If you’re jealous and afraid that your best friend is being stolen by the bad bad supermodel then talk to Kaiah about it. Confess!”

Kyungsoo actually blushed. So did Suho.

“Why you little…” Kyungsoo stood

“No. No. I didn’t want a response. It’s a fact.” She stood and they could hear her laughing as she left for work.

“You. Wipe that grin off your face and arrange a car. I’m going to the Song Estate.” He picked up his phone, “Chen. Meet me at the Song Estate.”

***

The letter was on her bedside when Minah woke that morning. It was open so Chen must have left it there for her to see. Breathless, she snatched it up and read the fated words,

 

From the Desk of Lee Soo-hyuk

President of Lee Corp

President of the Golden Quill Consortium

It is my pleasure to announce the engagement of my eldest son and named heir, Lee Jongin to Lilly Kim.

We now begin a new chapter in the Lee Household and the Consortium. We humbly ask for your well wishes.

 

 It was short. Especially for samchon. He was a silver tongue, a wordsmith. This must have been done in a rush or Lee Soo-hyuk was not happy about the engagement. Minah threw back the covers and pulled on the service rope, “Pali.” She reached for h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter