EPILOGUE - THE END OF AN ERA

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N We have finally come to the end of the Golden Quill series as we know it. GQ1 - 3 characters find the resolutions and their peace. When you read this, do not be sad, or think it is sad but this chapter is just meant to end things properly for the characters. 

Not every character who came and left the Quill is mentioned here, but the most important is. 

THANK YOU FOR SUBBING, COMMENTING, AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE STORY. I ENJOYED HAVING YOU WITH FOR THE RIDE. THANK YOU GUYS FOR STICKING IT OUT. I AM MESSY AND IT WAS LONG - BUT HOW TO FIT WHOLE LIVES IN ONE STORY? 

TILL NEXT TIME...


And now this chapter comes to a close, like the members said, an end of an era. It was time for their story to come to an end and to make way for the new generation of Golden Quill heirs. They hoped that they had loved enough, been there for one another when they were needed, done enough and lived enough. They had created a Legacy, they were the Leaders in their own right and they had borne Legends. 

                           

CHANYEOL and TAEYOON 

Chaneyeol enjoyed a successful career and he never left Taehyung and Jungkook’s company. They worked together and when Taehyung and Jungkook eventually retired to Paris, they left everything to Chanyeol. Under his leadership, the company became a haven for up-and-coming artists, a place where mentorship and talent nurturing were prized above concert and album sales. 

Chanyeol never broached the subject of marriage with Taeyoon, content to live as life partners, but they moved out of the main household and took up residence in one of the family houses on the far end of the Min Estate. The kind of distance that required at least a golf cart to travel between, because he could not bear the idea of living any further from Yeji. 

Taeyoon didn’t make it official, but by the end of the year, she spent at least 5 days of the week with Chanyeol and the other 2 at Finite. Right until the day she died, she kept this routine, and she would eventually die of old age, in her bed at Finite, with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo at her side. 

They didn’t have children, mostly because of Taeyoon. She could never tell him, but the idea of someone like her having children was terrifying. What type of children would someone like her have? She could not control her urges like Sehun or Arran and till the day she died, needed to go on hunting expeditions to feed the urge to kill. 

After Chen had died, and it was just him left in the city, Chanyeol told Yeji to take him to the island, and there he remained with Baekhyun and Hana. Yeji never stopped visiting her uncle and in his last months, she left work to make sure there was always someone there to play the piano with him.

 

KAI and SUNG-KYUNG 

Kai did go on to succeed his father as President of Lee Corp. He told Kyungsoo that he was determined to never discover who he really was because once he did that, there would be no point in living. 

He married Sung-kyung and when his grandfather died, they moved onto the Lee Estate. 

His parents remained in their apartment in the city until Soo-hyuk died and then Song Gaelin moved back to the Song Estate. 

Kai visited Hong Yoonah’s memorial until he died. In Lee Taemin’s last year, they visited together. Kai told Sung-kyung that in many ways, Yoonah was still the only girl who didn’t leave him. 

Kai kept his promise to buy Sung-kyung ice cream whenever she wanted it and he called her superfan right till the end. 

Sung-kyung visited her favourite horse Ajumma regularly and cried for months when Ajumma eventually passed away. It was Kris who knew how to console her and let her witness the birth of a new foal on the Estate, which he named Zara. The mare grew up to be a champion and won many competitions for the Estate. 

Sung-kyung’s brand Frangi Pani still has a store on the Emerald Walk and after Kai died, she left the Lee Estate and retired to the Woo Estate, the place she could never find an equivalent to. The place she called Heaven on Earth - where she had laughed and drunk champagne as a youth, felt the wind on her skin, and the morning dew on her bare feet. The place that had taken her in when she needed a home. 

When Kris had died and it was just her and Davi sitting out on the porch, watching the horses come in, they’d both think - there he is bringing the horses in and smiling as he always did, with the sun shining on him. 

 

KRIS 

Kris never did give up horses, mostly because it was the only thing that kept Sung-kyung coming to visit him, and he never admitted to her or Tao, how much he relied on her or how much he missed her nagging when she left the Woo Estate. 

The three remained inseparable, their bond as Zara, the Master and Mr S binding them together like blood. 

The Woo Estate continued to thrive and Kris made it his mission to make Davi happy every day she was with him. He loved her so completely and as was his style, easily, that she was able to let go of her past and embrace her new life. 

He did buy Davi an island and they named it Lyra. 

Chen and Kris always hoped their children would date. 

Arran and Kris remained close friends but she could never tell him her deepest secrets because she saw how happy he was. 

Before he died, Chen bought Kris fried chicken and they went for one last drive, in a very fast car and they remembered their youth, speeding down the streets of Seoul on a motorbike, Sung-kyung on a motorbike, sharing beers in the sunset, showing each other their very first business cards, the women they loved, the birth of their children, the happy times, and the sad times.

In his final months, Kris wrote letters to his children, Chen, Tao, Sung-Kyung, and one to Davi. No one else knows what the contents of those letters are to this day.

Kris gifted his robe to Baekhyun, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter