A Million Different Pieces

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo had left Chen to chase Haneul.

Chen now faced a determined Minah. Her eyes glazed over. Chen could feel his resolve weaken.

“Oppa,” her lips formed the words, but no sound came out.

Chen grabbed her arm, “We’re leaving,” He told Xiumin.

Minah had to speed up to keep up with her husband and the security detail that accompanied them down to the basement where the car was waiting.

“Home,” Chen told the driver. He held the door open for Minah. She hesitated; this is what she wanted but what did he have planned for her? He nodded reassuringly and she got into the car.

“Take the Chief home,” he instructed the driver, “So she can spend time with Jennie.” The driver bowed. Minah opened the window.

“Chen!”

He leaned on the window frame, “Don’t ever make a fool of me in my place of work. I may be a fool to you in our bedroom, but in this place, at least I am respected.” Minah was as white as a ghost. She’d never seen this side of Chen. She sunk back into the dark comfort of the car, “Take the Chief back to Finite when she’s done.” He patted the roof of the car and it pulled away moving slowly toward the exit.

“Is there somewhere you’d like to go President?” his head of security asked

“Fetch Lee Sung-kyung,”

***

“Where are you guys taking me?” she asked as she rode the elevator with Chen’s security detail.

“I’m not sure what the President has planned,” Xiumin accompanied them as the doors slid open. There was Chen leaning against an old motorbike, two helmets in hand. Xiumin’s mouth dropped open.

Chen raised his head and gave Sung-kyung a sheepish smile, “I don’t suppose you’ve eaten yet?” (Chen refers to a moment he shared with SK in GQ2 - Chap 78 Random Events and Pizza)

Sung-kyung’s eyes were shining brightly and she had to stop herself from clapping her hands, “I don’t suppose you wanna get out of here and be teenagers?” he held out the helmet.

She grabbed it from him, “I thought you’d never ask.”

“Uh President…” Xiumin protested when Chen and Sung-kyung got onto the rickety bike. Chen started it and Sung-kyung wrapped her arms around his waist, “I really must protest!”

“Of course you do.”

Sung-kyung waved as Chen kicked the bike into gear and they were off, speeding round the security bar.

“President!” Xiumin cried and turned angrily to the head of security, “Why aren’t you following him?”

“The President left strict instructions.” The head of security shrugged.

“But…but…what if something happens?”

“No offence House Master but maybe you should go out and have some fun. It’s the weekend.”

Go out? Xiumin was at a loss. He had just realised that he didn’t have anyone to meet or anything to do. With droopy shoulders, he went to catch up on some of his paperwork.

When Xiumin got back up to the Executive Floor, the secretaries were in high spirits as they packed up for the day. There was no work tomorrow! They had plans to go to a popular bar and then head out for some dancing with some of the guys from the security department changing shifts. Seo-yeon slowly packed her notebook, not aware that she watched the House Master. He seemed down today.

“Why don’t you go ask him to join us?” Mi-kyong nudged her, “This crush of yours needs some conclusion.”

Seo-yeon blushed furiously. It was true, ever since she joined Emerald last year she’d had a crush on the handsome House Master. He was so good at his job and everyone respected him. He was capable and strong. So different from the guys she usually dated.

It didn’t seem like he was dating anyone but then she didn’t know anything about his personal life. He was a very private person who lived with the President. He wasn’t active on social media so stalking him online wasn’t an option.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter