I Have You

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Basically,” Kai leaned forward, “I’m telling you what I've already decided. There's no need for you to worry about it. Once I marry Lilly, I will request the transfer via Lee Soo-hyuk.” September’s head reeled. She’d no longer work for the Song Estate, but she’d still have Song Gaelin…but what about the Chairlady and…the Director. There was a pain in her chest. Sudden and unexpected. 

Her chair was unceremoniously pulled back, “Get up.” Sehun ordered stiffly. He glared at his brother and the air was suddenly tight with tension. September started to stand.

“Sit,” Kai said, and she hesitated,

Sehun grabbed her shoulder,

Kai grabbed her arm.

***

Shouldn’t one of you go out there and stop them?” Miranda asked. 

Kris, Kyungsoo and Chen exchanged a look and then continued to drink their whiskey. Who would win the battle? Sehun or Kai? 

"Bets on Sehunah" Kyungsoo said,

"I'll back you on that." Kris agreed. 

They looked at Chen expectantly, "Oh come on guys! Don't make me choose!" Chen studied the brothers, "Kai's got the anger the authority but Sehun's training and the shoulders..." he ran hands down his own shoulders, "So broad...but chicken legs" 

"You're not picking a host for s sake." Kyungsoo shook his head. 

"But..." 

"Forget it!" Kris and Kyungsoo snapped. 

Miranda shook her head at their antics, but she too couldn't tear her eyes away from the scene. If only they could hear. 

***

“Isa, get your over here,” Sehun said through clenched teeth and September skilfully manoeuvred out of Kai’s grasp and obediently stood behind her Director. Sehun sat before his brother. “Let’s get this over with.”

“I don’t have to like your fiancé. You can’t force me or the others. I think we’re all starting to realise that we’re not going to have the perfect Consortium we always dreamt of. Where you’d be President and marry Lee Sung-kyung and I’d stand behind you, making sure everything went your way. You'd have Kyungsoo hyung to protect you and Chen hyung to make sure everyone was happy under your leadership." 

“Don’t ing mention her name Sehun.” Kai warned.

Sehun rolled his eyes, "That's all you got from what I said?" I used to think I knew you better than anyone. We were more than just blood brothers. We went through everything together. I looked up to you, but I don’t know this version of you. Lilly Kim must be a Goddess in bed cause she’s got you whipped.”

“At least I’m not sleeping with a nightclub owner.”

“It’s not like I’m going to marry said nightclub owner.” Sehun returned. September tried not to roll her eyes. This argument had taken a turn toward the absurd. “But you went and put a ring on the ditsiest,  most uncultured, manipulative Asian barbie.” Sehun continued to insult his brother’s fiancé.

Kai was fuming inside, “I can’t force you to like her but for my sake, I thought you of all people would make an effort to at least fake it. The others would have followed your lead. If I made a mistake with Lilly then time would have revealed that. At least then, we could have still called each other brother…” he trailed off with a heavy sigh. September felt sorry for him. She could see things from Director Lee’s perspective but then his met hers and he looked so hard and unyielding, “So I’m going to return the favour by taking away your precious House Master.”

Sehun didn’t flinch.

“You think you’re safe because you have the Song Estate but I can make your life very uncomfortable.”

Sehun’s face was completely clear. He didn’t look intimidated at all, but September knew when her Director was upset. It was in the way he sat so straight, how his back was stiff, and if you listened carefully, his breathing was quicker.

“I was going to wait till after the ceremony, but I think it's a good idea to already have Isa work with Lilly on the wedding arrangements…”

Now Sehun laughed, “That will never happen.”

“Starting to realise how things will go if you don't fall in line?” Kai taunted. "All I have to do is whisper in Appa's ear. Who do you think he is going to listen to? He granted the official acceptance like that..." he snapped his fingers, "Omma? She couldn't even do anything so don't think she'll be able to stop this." 

“You once asked how I met September. How shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter