No Accident

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun heard the knock on the door. Why wouldn’t they leave him alone? He didn’t want anything to eat. No, he didn’t want to have a bath. No, he didn’t want to see anyone or go to the temple. He just wanted to sleep.

It was Arran. He could always tell when it was her. Her feet were light, dancing across the floor. The bed sank deeper as she sat beside him. Baekhyun closed his eyes. He waited for her to say something, but she didn’t. The bed shifted. Arran wrapped her arm around his waist. Baekhyun shivered.

The door opened again. This time it was Sehun. The footsteps were heavier but measured. Sehun came to his side of the bed and climbed under the covers next to him. Baekhyun wiped a warm tear that had escaped down his face. He stared at Sehun’s back. Felt the warmth of Arran’s arms.

The door opened again. Kai’s quick steps. He pushed Arran to the centre and climbed under the covers. Baekhyun breathed out softly, bit by bit. It was painful.

A week had passed. Five days and he still couldn’t believe that he’d never see Hyeran again. His wife – was dead. A freak accident on the set of her latest drama. Why had she insisted on doing the stunts? Why did she have to be so stubborn?

Baekhyun tried not to think about it. When he thought about it he wanted to cry. He was trying to be strong. He didn’t want his family to see him cry. He didn’t want to cry in front of them and have them look at each other at a loss of how to comfort him. They were close, incredibly close, but no one liked grief. Dealing with someone else's grief was even worse because as soon as you were away from them, you carried on with your life and then felt a moment of guilt for living normally. Besides, these people never had time for Hyeran. They didn't make an effort to welcome her into the family while she was alive, so why would they spend any time grieving for her now. He knew, what they grieved for was the fact that he grieved. 

“Any word on hyung?”

“His phone is still off. So is Tao’s. Seems like they really did go off to settle some business. The note he left with the estate was vague. I’ve left a message for him. He would want to be here if he knew what happened.”

Baekhyun knew it too. There was no way Kris would have left if he knew Hyeran had died, “There’s so much about hyung’s past that’s still a mystery to us.”

“Don’t think about that now.”

“I think it’s better than thinking about my dead wife.” Baekhyun snapped. They fell silent. No one knew the right thing to say. None of them had ever dealt with such a close death except when they thought their mother had died or when Kyungsoo had been in a coma.

“Want to watch a movie?” Kai suggested. It was an i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter