Mother's Scheming

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana was still angry with her boss but when he summoned, she had no choice but to obey. Their history didn’t count. Even though every time she looked at Jung Kyungsoo, she still remembered the strong-willed boy she’d fallen in love with and not this cool city guy he’d grown into. Yesterday, when he’d lost his cool over Kai was the first time in a long time, she’d seen a glimpse of the old Kyungsoo. Kai did always have that effect on Kyungsoo. When he’d been in a coma, it was Kai who’d brought Kyungsoo back, not her confession of love at his hospital bed.

Kyungsoo sat on the rooftop terrace of Finite, shades on, suit impeccable. Sana took a deep breath before approaching, “You asked to see me, Sir.”

“Ah yes, Kim Sana. Defender of Finite Employees, please sit.”

Sana scowled but sat.

Kyungsoo smiled easily across at her, “Do you enjoy working for me?”

Sana shrugged

“Be honest,”

“I had no choice, did I? I should have read that scholarship contract properly. If I’d known I could be called upon to repay the loan with working hours…” she trailed off. Who was she kidding, she’d still have signed. A poor student like her didn’t have a choice.

“You think I tricked you.” He realised, “We haven’t spoken about this have we?”

Sana shook her head sullenly, “You came back from the UK and did your own thing and bam! I suddenly got a letter from the House Master, stating I needed to report for duty in a month’s time.”

Kyungsoo whistled, “Wow. Suho ssi doesn’t mess around.” He leaned his arms on the table, “I waited five years after I got back. Only when I realised that you weren’t making the best career choices did I force you to my side,” he revealed. Sana inhaled, “I only did that because I was tired of watching that sleazy boss take advantage of you. Make you do all the work and still try and cheat the client. That’s why I gave the prosecutor’s office all the dirt on that boss of yours.”

“No need to sound so proud.” Sana seethed, she was digging her nails into her palms to stay calm, “No other firm wanted to touch me after that incident.”

“Oh, woe is you cause now you’re stuck here earning buckets of money and running the Finite Corporate Social Investment Portfolio. You get to help thousands of people and you can ensure the money is used for its intended purpose.”

Sana wanted to argue with him but he had her there. Under the Finite CSI programme, she made sure worthy students earned scholarships. Poor students, like herself who needed a helping hand. There was also the Industry Development Scheme, to train unemployed youth and place them in Finite resorts and hotels around the world. The youth not only received training but also got to travel at the same time and earn money.

Kyungsoo smiled triumphantly, “But…” he held up a hand, “I’ll admit that I shouldn’t have taken my anger out on you. I hate doing that.” He beckoned with his hand and a waiter set a piece of cake on the table. Two forks. Sana picked up a fork. Cake – her weakness. Aish, this guy still had the moves. 

***

 

Downstairs in the main lobby of Finite, a disaster was about to happen for Suho. 

Kim Sarang, current Chairwomen of the Jung Estate and Kyungsoo's mother entered Finite.. the Jung House Master approached to greet her, “Good morning Chairlady. What brings you here?”

“I know it’s sudden,” the Chairlady didn’t meet his eyes and Suho knew she was up to something. Sudden? Sarang was supposed to be at a luncheon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter