All Hail

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September hit the ground hard and didn’t get up. 

The rain fell on her still body. The ground was slippery, the water flowed downhill through the forest and over the mountainside. Hana crashed through the clearing, sliding downhill and toward September’s body at an alarming speed. At the last moment, she managed to avoid her but slid right over the edge. September used the slippery surface to spin on her stomach and grab Hana’s leg. Hana dangled over the ledge. 

Chanyeol and Chen were on their feet. They couldn’t sit anymore. It was the most stressful thing to see someone you cared hurt and unable to do anything about it. 

“Come on,” Kris muttered to himself, “Pull yourself up.” 

September cried out as she started to slide toward the edge. 

“They’re going to fall.” Minah moaned and buried her head in Taeyoon’s lap. Just like when she was a kid and didn’t like going on the scary rides in the amusement park. 

Hana closed her eyes. She could do this, come on we've been through worse, “Use the sword.” she yelled through the wind. September scrambled for her sword. 

The sword was kicked away. September looked up. Mika stood over her. 

Arran wrung her hands and looked desperately at the screen but Mika didn’t look ready to help them. “Kick her off and let’s finish it.” Mika ordered. September pulled her legs up and stood. “Where the hell is she?” Mika ran to the edge. Hana was no longer there. She turned. September and Hana stood beside one another. 

“Alright. I don’t care. I can take you both.” Mika revealed the automatic gun she'd lifted from a Federation Guard. 

Hana picked up September’s sword. 

Without warning Mika fired. 

 

Everyone cried out. Minah covered her eyes. 

Hana slid in front of September, using the sword to divert the bullet. She winced. Her shoulder pulled. 

Baekhyun was on his feet, “Is that allowed? She has a gun!” 

The Federation Guard stepped forward but Jimin held up a hand. The guard stepped back. “Baekhyun ssi…” Jimin spoke for the first time, “This is all within the rules. You know that right?” Baekhyun turned to Kris, “Hyung…” Kris was grave. He sat forward with his elbows on his knees and his palms together in prayer mode.

Tao patted Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter