Dining Room Showdown

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took Sung-kyung, Tao, Davi and Yimin to heave the dining room table onto its side as a shield. They crouched behind it breathing heavily. Waiting. Tao looked at Yimin, “If things get bad, no matter what happens, no matter how things look, don’t worry about us and run as far and as fast as you can. Isa and Hana will find you.” He studied the gun, he’d managed to lift from one of the mercenaries, “I counted eight of them.” 

Yimin nodded, “Not counting the crazy mask lady, Yifeng and Mika…” he looked sad, “I can’t believe she lied to me all these years…”
“Darling,” Davi grabbed his face, “You are our Leader. Focus.” he nodded firmly, “And do as Tao said. No matter what, you have to survive.” If Yimin died, everything had been for nothing.

“I want them taken out.” They could hear Yifeng. 

“Even the women?” the soldiers sought clarification. 

“Especially those women.” Yifeng stood behind a barricade of mercenaries, shouting orders. Yixing was bound to a chair in a corner, unable to do anything. Lilly AKA The Madame AKA Hong Yoonah, sat on a chair, bouncing Yeji on her lap. “We have to get you to your parents right? So they can get a big fright when they see you!” she kissed Yeji’s cheeks, “Or should we go find your great uncle Taemin? He’s the one who really wanted you here or let's go see your uncle Jongin! I can't decide...” 

Sung-kyung stood up and exposed herself, “I won’t let you do to that child, what you did to me and Emi.”  a soldier swivelled to face her. Tao tensed and also took aim. 

Lilly rolled her eyes, “It’s always about you. After 10 years, do you still only know the same thing? No wonder Kaiah got bored.” she taunted. 

“Funny, he seemed really happy to see me.” Sung-kyung threw back. 

“What are you even doing here? Did you beg to be taken hostage just to stay relevant? Isn’t there some other family you can torture?” 

Yifeng turned to her, “Look, I don’t know who the hell you’re meant to be, some clown or whatever, but could you ing do something? Taemin promised…” 

“Boring,” Lilly stood, “Hold onto that for me,” she handed Yeji to Yifeng, surprisingly he knew how to carry the child. Yeji stared up at him with interest. 

“Get the child away from him…” Davi begged Sung-kyung...but Sung-kyung couldn’t take her eyes off Lilly, “I think it’s time we settle this.” 

“And the winner gets it all!” They moved outside, "I've waited a long time for this, brat."

Davi bit her nails and bounced nervously on the floor behind the table, what should she do? That child wasn’t safe with Yifeng…

“Davi!” 

Yimin tried to go after her but Tao grabbed him, “Don’t make things easy for them.” 

“FIRE!” Yifeng screamed, “Fire on her….Kill her...traitorous women, how dare you try to leave me.” 

Davi screamed and covered her ears as she made a run for it. The door of the dining room was thrown off its hinges and Hana lifted it up to shield Davi, “Sorry for being late Madame Zhang.” Yixing's eyes filled with relief when he saw Hana. They were here...the plan had worked. 

“WHAT!!!!!” Yifeng looked at Mika but she looked just as shocked, "You're alive...then...then..." he scanned the room. 

“Impossible, I saw you fall myself.” Mika insisted, "I won. I beat you." 

September came in behind them from the service entrance and tapped Mika’s left shoulder, “Here,” Mika spun left, “No, here,” September tapped her right shoulder and as Mika turned, she punched her straight in the face and lifted the gun off her. Mika fell to her knees and stayed down. September kicked her in the stomach, where she knew it would hurt - that's for trying to shoot me. Mika groaned and scurried to the wall. The broke her nose.

“Stay down. I’ll deal with you nicely after him.” September pointed the gun at Yifeng. 

The soldiers took aim at September. 

“Are you really gonna shoot me?” she looked innocent, “But I’m just one person…I don’t even know how to work this thing...” The soldiers hesitated. 

“Don’t kill her,” Yifeng sprang in front of the soldiers, “I want her alive.” Yeji started crying. He automatic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter