Obsession

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun caught the guy behind the head and pushed him toward September to take care of. He moved along the passage, kicking down doors, pulling out the men. Throwing blankets over the young girls, all underaged. All afraid. They were in an abandoned building that was now being utilised for trafficking activities.

“I’m almost done here,” Arran said through their earpieces. She was wiring smoke cells in the basement. “Uh guys, I think I might need a little help down here. Bad guy reinforcements just arrived. I’ve been spotted."

“Go,” Sehun ordered September and she sped toward the stairwell. He continued to draw out the scum, leading them toward the basement. The thrill. He was obsessed with this feeling. This feeling of power. This feeling of danger. The adrenalin pounding through his ears, all his senses heightened.

Oracle’s secret division, well extra secret, the part of the organisation he’d started - code name, Wolf. The simple mission of the division was to hunt down illegal activities. To aid the law where their resources fell short. To bring to light the dark parts of society in the hope that at least one person’s life could be changed because they chose to search where no cop dared to go, because they decided to squash the cockroaches festering amongst them. 

He did it for women and girls who were victims. He did it for September and for his sister… The memories flooded him and for a moment he lost his mind and had to stop himself from killing the guy he’d kicked to the floor.

 

“Director!” September’s voice crackled through his earpiece, “Director I’m patching through an external communication.”

There was another crackle

“Sehun!” Chanyeol’s voice sounded panicked, he was breathing heavily, “Sehun! You need to come get us…”

Sehun struggled to hear, “The Min Estate…” the line went dead. Sehun tapped his earpiece. But nothing. He tried to call Chanyeol back but the call wouldn't connect. 

 

Arran kicked a guy and picked up the stick he’d tried to use on her and hit someone else over the head with it. She and September were side by side. They had trained like this for years. This was when she felt most alive. She would miss fighting beside her.

Distracted, she was punched in the face. She fell on her hands and knees.

“Arran!” September grabbed the guy off Arran and picked up the stick and beat him repeatedly on the head with it. Arran caught her leg, pulling her back. September left the unconscious man and helped Arran, “Kwenchana,” Arran nodded and kissed her quickly on the lips. September seemed shocked, “My saviour.” Arran pressed her head into September’s leather jacket.

“Chanyeol needs our help.” Sehun rushed up to them, “I’ll drive,” he and September said in unison and then looked at each other.

“Aish, I’ll drive!” Arran snatched the keys from September and raced to the car. Sehun and September pushed back their attackers, waiting for Arran to fetch the car.

“Anytime now Lee Arran!” Sehun yelled for his sister.

The car roared to life. Arran pushed on the gas, men jumped left and right out of the way. Sehun and September jumped in. As Arran raced to the Min Estate, Sehun called the cops, “There’s a building being used for human trafficking of underage girls.”

“Who is this? What building.”

“The one on fire,” Sehun gave them the address before hanging up. He nodded at Arran. She handed him the remote. He pushed the green button turned in his seat so he could see the smoke rising from the building. It was being smoked out. Soon all the inhabitants would be forced onto the street. The cops would have arrived by then. 

***

Chen punched the last guy and looked around him. The five guys he’d taken on lay groaning on the ground. He was shocked himself. He didn’t think he’d be able to take them on but he couldn’t let them hurt Sung-kyung. She clutched his arm as they faced the last remaining guy. “I’m sorry about your sister but…”

“Shut up.”

Sung-kyung stayed close to Chen’s side.

“You have no idea what it’s been like. My mother couldn’t live with herself after Nini died. She died last year. It’s just me now. That’s when I decided I would take everything you have so you can be just like me.” He looked at Sung-kyung, “While you’re here with another woman, who’s watching after your family?”

Chen stiffened, “That’s right President. Get ready to lose everything. I’ll see you at their funeral.” He got into his car and drove away, leaving his friends still rolling in pain on the ground.

“Who was that? Do you think he’s done something to Minah and Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter