Gloating

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjun slipped into the President’s car and handed over his phone with the pictures. Kris scrolled through the pictures showing his Vice President in a secret meeting with board members.

“I don’t know what was said, but they were in a private room. I had to bribe one of the waiters to take these photos.”

“You’ve done well.” Kris said tightly and reached up a hand to loosen his tie, but he managed to stop before he showed Park Minjun how affected he was. The Consortium taught him never to show an outsider your weak points.

Kris had to learn this the hard way with his VP. He’d trusted him. Thought that he’d mentor the younger man, just like Jung Hoseok had mentored him.

“Are you alright, President?”

Kris nodded; he was saved from answering when his phone rang. It was Sung-kyung, “Oppa! Where are you? Are you alright? I just got home. Oppa I know it’s safe here, but can you please come home!???”

Kris rolled his eyes at her dramatics, “Oracle takes care of the security on the estate. Must I tell Sehun that you don’t trust in his ability?” 

There was a brief silence, then, “Just come home. Pali and bring some hot wings.”

Kris didn’t get a chance to argue cause the little witch hung up on him. The queen of getting under his skin was Lee Sung-kyung.

“Sorry about that, it was the wife.”

Minjun laughed, “You mean Lee Arran?”

Kris stiffened. His employees knew better than to cross the line. Minjun realised his mistake and apologised, “It’s fine.” Kris glanced at his watch, “That’s all. Have a good evening.”

Minjun’s face showed his disappointment at being sent home early. He’d expected some sort of reward for handing over such a juicy piece of information.

“Where to President?” His driver asked. 

Kris couldn’t help but smile, “Let’s get some hot wings for everyone. It’s been a long day.”

"I won't say no to hot wings." the driver pulled away from the curb. 

***

“What is this about?” Kyungsoo asked his sisters. He absentmindedly handed Minah his handkerchief, “Come on now stop crying.” He messaged Sehun. He needed his help to find Park Haneul again. The nerd wasn’t answering. He pressed the buzzer for the nightshift PA.

“Find Lee Sehun.”

“Right away Boss.”

Kyungsoo crossed to the bar and poured them each a shot. He glanced at his watch. It was just past midnight. What a night and he had to introduce Sana to her sister in the morning. Was he going to get any sleep tonight?

“You have no reason to cry,” he scolded Minah, handing her the glass. She eyed the drink sceptically, “Be a good girl and drink up.” She obeyed. The colour returning to her cheeks. Kyungsoo crossed the room and joined Taeyoon on the couch. They clinked glasses, “If you feel terrible, imagine how Chen feels.”

Minah swallowed, “I never meant for things to get so out of hand.”

“You never meant to cheat and get caught?” Kyungsoo checked his phone but still no response from Sehun. He gritted his teeth, “I don’t particularly want to get involved in your marriage, but this effects the Consortium and Chen is also one of my best friends. You really ed up this time.” Minah’s eyes brimmed with tears and her bottom lip trembled.

“I found Director Lee,” the PA poked her head back into the office.

“Outstanding!” Kyungsoo praised and she beamed. Minah glared enviously at the girl, “Let’s make this quick. Do you want to end things with Chen?” Minah quickly shook her head, “Do you still love your husband?”

“Of course I do! I never stopped…”

“Then what are you doing here?” Kyungsoo stood and clapped his hands. “Now nuna’s turn.” He looked down at Taeyoon.

“I have nothing to confess.”

Minah shot her an accusing look. Chicken. Taeyoon avoided looking in Minah’s direction.

“Goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter