The Dark Place

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sensitive content in this chapter.

Yixing was able to save Hana from the traditional lashing she should have received for attacking a family member. In light of everything that Yifeng had done to his wife, Hana would serve ten-day detention in the dark place. 

“Where is it?” Baekhyun begged Davi, “It’s been three days, how do we know if she’s fine?” 

Davi looked at him, she considered whether his concern was genuine, “Hana will survive.” Baekhyun paced in front of Davi. He’d pulled her into the barn and tried to pressure her into taking him to see Hana. “What exactly do you want?” 

Baekhyun stopped and caught himself, “I feel guilty for that night.”

“My husband was drugging me. Because of Hana’s bravery, he can’t get away with it anymore.” 

“Do you realise…” Baekhyun faced her, “How much Hana must care for you to step out of line like that?” 

“Cap! You sound jealous.” Davi affectionately. 

“I’m just stating facts.” 

Davi sighed, “I’ll take you there but no matter what you see out there, you just have to accept.” Baekhyun nodded - he had no choice, “We’ll leave in an hour. The other’s are going for training and won’t be back till the evening.” 

“How big is this island?” Baekhyun asked as he sat beside Davi in the jeep. 

“Big. Too big to make it to one side on foot, though as punishment, Yifeng once made Isa do it.” she glanced over at him, “It’s hard for people like you to imagine our world but we’ve lived it for longer than we can remember. It’s hard but then we also had each other - sisters.” she smiled. “We laughed, danced, cried together, got through it together. When September left - we didn’t resent her for it. We thought I hope she never comes back here.” 

“And Hana?” 

“And Hana…” Davi looked the other way and smiled widely. It was too cute to see unfolding before her, “Hmmm, I think it will be so worth it if you can get that story out of her directly.” 

“I don’t think I’ll get the chance to.” Baekhyun sounded sad. 

“Again. Are you going to make the same mistakes?” 

“Isn’t it a little too soon?” Davi looked around dramatically. “What are you doing?”  

“I’m looking for someone who gives an actual .” Baekhyun burst out laughing, “We’re on an island remember?” 

“What happens on the island, stays on the island?” 

“Now you’re getting it.” Davi pulled the SUV to a stop. “We have to walk the rest of the way.”  Baekhyun noticed that the forest was thick here and he had to keep his eyes on the ground so he wouldn’t trip. “Cap. I mean it. This is going to be bad. The isolation is for ten days. No food, only drinking water and in complete darkness.” 

Baekhyun didn’t believe her until they came across the hole. It was deep like a well. 

“Hana.” Davi call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter