Talking It Out

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Cute,” Ho-seok told Yoongi as they watched Sehun and September fight over the buffet table. “Bet you never thought your precious heir would marry his House Master?” 

“What’s with that attitude oppa!?” Gaelin scolded Ho-seok, “Didn’t you know I’m the most liberal of our generation? My youngest son married an actress, and my eldest is going to marry a model. Who knows what my daughter is doing? Her boyfriend went AWOL.” 

“I had to say it at least once, and I won’t say it again,” Ho-seok promised. 

“It was pretty ty of you,” Yoongi dropped shades over his eyes and leaned back on the lounger. “This is the life.” he sat up, “Hey when is your precious heir going to get married?” 

Gaelin fist-pumped him behind Ho-seok’s chair. 

“Yah, yah laugh it up! Kyungsoo always does things in his own time. You know that. If I rush him, he’ll get all flustered and do something silly.”

“So you dropping that girl in Kyungsoo's lap was not forcing him?” Gaelin rested her chin on his shoulder, “Admit it oppa, you wanted to make damn sure Kyungsoo marries the Park girl.” 

“Whatever,” Ho-seok leaned back on his lounger and snapped his fingers at Chen who was passing, “Whiskey…”

Chen whistled for Chanyeol, “Whiskey.” he mouthed. 

Chanyeol grumbled and went to fetch the elders their drinks. 

“Hey dude,” Ho-seok slapped Yoongi’s leg, “Let’s go to Woo Investments tomorrow. Jong-dae you filled your appa in right?” 

“Yes,” Chen sat on the edge of his father’s lounger. 

“I don’t want any of the board members appointing one of their favourites. It’s still Yifan’s company. It’s his Presidency.” Ho-seok said darkly. 

*

Minah rushed over and dropped on her father’s lounger, “Sorry I’m late. Blame my oh so fabulous mother. Omma is a real tyrant appa. Why don’t you divorce her!” 

“Minah!” Gaelin admonished, “I’ll tell my chingu what you say behind her back.”
“Hey,” Yoongi motioned for Ho-seok to come closer, “We mustn’t gossip in front of her anymore.” 

Gaelin pulled his lounger closer to hers, “You’re my best friend” she said possessively. 

“So scary.” Yoongi grinned. 

“Anyway, omma made us redo the layout for Sung-kyung’s profile in Grace. The store is finally opening tomorrow. You guys are coming right?” everyone nodded. 

Chanyeol brought the drinks over, “Oppa bring that lounger for me,” Arran asked him. 

Chanyeol looked ready to keel over, He’d been fetching drinks the entire afternoon, “you’re younger and stronger,” he told Arran, “You fetch it.” 

“Oppa!” Arran stamped her feet. 

Yoongi smiled, “Fetch her the lounger or I’ll disinherit you,” he told his son. Arran stuck her tongue out in triumph. 

“I’m hungry.” Minah kicked her shoes off, “Where’s oppa?” she looked around for Kyungsoo and spotted him with Haneul and Taeyoon, “Oppa!” he ignored her, “Oppa make me fooood!”  

*

Hearing Minah shouting everyone went over to the elders. 

“I let the household staff go off to celebrate,” Sehun told them, "Sorry." they all looked at Kyungsoo. 

“I’m going to starve!” Minah cried desperately, “Make me food…” she tugged on Kyungsoo’s jacket, “Oppa make me foooood.” she made her eyes big for her older brother. 

“Aish this punk,” Kyungsoo looked back at the house, “I’ll cook, but I need assistants.” he pointed at Chen, Baekhyun and Sehun, “Let’s go.” 

“Come on,” Sehun grabbed Haneul’s arm, “You’ll do my share while I organise more drinks.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter