In a Flash

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

I’d just been walking through the New York City; I’m here on vacation with my older sister her boyfriend and my best friend, it’s kinda like a last hoorah before Maly and I start going to university next year, the others are still sleeping and well, I’m too antsy to even consider sleeping. Anyways, I’d just been walking through the city when I saw him. It had only taken me a moment to know exactly what I was feeling and maybe it is a little stupid, but in just a flash it was like life suddenly made sense and I walked up to him.

“Sir” I say nervously turning around to look at me I felt my face heat up. “Hi.” I say up all the fear in my body. “I’m Soojin.”

He grins at me. “Hello Soojin, I’m Kibum.” He says smoothly. “It’s nice to meet you.” He says stopping whatever it was he was doing. “Are you visiting America too?” He asks curiously.

Nodding my head I feel relieved that he wasn’t walking away or telling me off. “Yeah, with my friends.” I say shyly. “You?” I ask hopefully.

“Just me, my friends thought it’d be good for me to get out and I thought why not.” He says chuckling. I felt like I was dreaming that everything right now just wasn’t happening. “I was just about to get some coffee, would you like to join me?” He asks gesturing towards a coffee shop.

“That sounds really great.” I say smiling at him. I follow Kibum into the shop and order some green tea. As we take our seats at a table he looks at me curiously. “Something the matter?” I ask him sitting back in my chair feeling much more relaxed.

“Just wondering why you wanted to talk to me, after all we’re strangers in a strange city.” Kibum points out. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad you did, I’m just curious.” He says chuckling.

Again I feel my face heat up. “I saw you on the street just seconds before I walked up to you” I confess, looking down at my lap before I start up again I look Kibum in the eyes. “I just, I had to talk to you.” I tell him struggling to find the right words. “It’s crazy, but I couldn’t just walk away without wondering for the rest of my life.”

“A romantic” Kibum says grinning at me. “It feels rare to find someone who would just talk to a stranger for those reasons.”

Blushing an even deeper red I nod my head. “I get that a lot, but I had to talk to you.” I say simply.

Kibum nods his head. “Then I concede.” He says bowing his head to me. “I shall answer and say anything to keep you here for even a second longer.”

 

So in the end Kibum and I ended up talking all day, met up every day after we were in New York and planned to see each other again once we both were back in Korea. I’d started going to school the following fall and Kibum would still be traveling for a while longer. We talked on the phone when we could, texted each other and he wrote me from where he stopped for a while. I’d write back if he stayed for more than a week, which did not happen often.

 

I was waiting nervously in a little café, the café where we promised to meet today; it’s been one year and three months. This whole romance thing we started back in New York seems ages away and at the same time like it was only yesterday.

“Sorry to keep you waiting Soojin.” Kibum says sliding into his seat in front of me. “I stayed the night with Jonghyun and the guy can be a bit clingy.” He says chuckling. “It’s really good to see you.” He says reaching across the table to take my hand.

I smile at him. “It is; I was starting to get worried you were standing me up.” I tell him honestly, that’s always been a habit of mine, to just blurt out my thoughts. Blushing at him I smile at him shyly. “Ah, yeah I am still too honest.” I say chuckling awkwardly and looking away from him.

“I like that.” Kibum says; looking up at him surprised I see him grinning at me. “So I was thinking since it’s been awhile, I could take you on a first date and you know get to really know you in person.” Kibum says smiling at me.

I nod my head all too happy; my heart racing a little from how excited I am and honestly this feels like it’s the start of something really amazing.


 

This is for swoopingisbad99,
I am sorry it's taking me so long to write these
> w <
I hope you guy enjoy this though
We don't have too many left, but
I have had a lot of fun writing these.

 

[6 left]
[5 planned]
[1 available]

Onew Jonghyun | Key [1] Minho  | Taemin [1]