Simple Wishes

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

“What’s the point of being famous if I can’t share what I love?”

“You can’t take it back, it’s too late already; it’s been too late.”

“I wish I could, just so I could be with you.”

“Well I think it’d be best to go along with what your manager told us.”

 

With that the pair parted, the young girl walked away from Taemin, her eyes tearing up as she thinks about it…never seeing Taemin again, forgetting about him entirely and what better way than to go abroad? Away from all the crazed fan girls that cheer his name, away from all the thoughts and constant reminders of the one boy she can’t be with.

 

“Aniyo, it’s not like that mom I miss you guys and everything, I’m just really busy here.” I chide my mother over the phone while looking around my apartment, to be honest it’s been a while since I’ve ever thought about even returning to Korea.

“Honey, it’s been a few years, I think you can do your parents the favor of coming home for a couple of weeks.” My mother continues to nag, “Soon-Kyu it wouldn’t hurt you, and I mean we do miss you all the way over here.”

“Mom…” Sighing I look over at the calendar, honestly I’m not busy, I’m just avoiding going home, in the end though, I don’t really have a choice I suppose. “Alright Umma.” I mutter. “I’ll come home.”

“That’s my girl, when?” My mother asks me seriously. “We’ll book your flight for three days from now.”

“Wae?!” I ask him upset. “Umma.”

“Three days. Be on that plane, get off and come home.” She says. “See you soon sweetie.”

Hanging up I stare at the receiver, I have a feeling she’s had this planned for a while now. Sighing I pull out my suitcases and pack some clothes might as well get this out of the way now. Walking next door I ask for my neighbors to watch my apartment for me.

 

Getting off the plane I look around at Incheon Airport, quickly gathering up my bags I look around for my parents, trying hard to ignore all the feelings that are bubbling up just from being in Korea. “Umma…”

“Soon-Kyu you mother asked me to pick you up.” I hear a voice say, turning around I see him, Taemin smiling at me sheepishly. “She was busy so she asked if I’d come.”

Stunned I nod my head, everything making sense, she wants grand kids. “Neh.” I mutter following him. “Yah, aren’t you going to help?” I snap at him unhappy. “Two suitcases and I have a carry on.”

“Oh…Sorry.” He says grabbing one, following quietly we get in a car, as expected it’s not really him driving but their manager.

“Hello, thank-you for going through the trouble to come pick me up.” I say bowing to him. “It’s nice to see you again.”

“Omo its Soon-Kyu!” Four other boys cheer, turning I see the rest of SHINee.

Smiling at them I bow politely. “Hello, it’s good to see you.”

“Ah, so formal!” Jonghyun whines. “We were all close once.”

Tilting my head I look at Key, “Aniyo, we weren’t though, I was only close with Taemin, Minho, Onew and Key.”

He hangs his head sadly. “Aish how’d that happen?”

“You didn’t like me.” I tell him shaking my head.

Their manager laughs. “That’s definitely Soon-Kyu, always speaking so informally with Jonghyun after he talks.”

“Aish, Soon-Kyu.” He whines looks at me sadly. “I apologize.”

Chuckling I nod my head. “Neh, Jonghyunnie.”

“OH, did she call you cute names back then?!” He asks pointing around happily.

“Aniyo.” Key says elbowing him. “Just Taemin.”

“Oh.” He says suddenly. “You’re back for a while?”

“Neh.” I says casually, glancing at Taemin, feeling a little guilty for treating him badly. “Sorry.” I whisper to him bowing.

“Aniyo, it’s alright.”

Awkwardly I look out the window; I don’t really know how this is going to work out, if this is what my mother has planned for me. She must be a little crazy. I haven’t even thought about them since I left, but then again it was the point for me leaving.

“You left to America?” Taemin asks me after a while. “What for?”

“To get away.” I whisper. “I didn’t want to remember.”

“Us?” He asks me quietly.

“I think we should talk about this when we don’t have an audience.” I tell him softly. “OK?”

“Sure.” He mutters.

For the rest of the ride we’re all quite, being back in this car with them is much more painful than it was when Taemin and I had to break up, it was probably easier cause I could at least run away this way I have to stay.

 

“Thank-you again for picking me up.” I say bowing to everyone. “It was nice seeing you.”

Stepping out Taemin helps me with the bags. “Your parents invited us to dinner, but the other all have schedules.” He explains as the car drives off without him.

“You know when we broke up I wasn’t expecting to see you ever again.” I tell him walking in. “Taemin…”

“Can you answer the question now?”

“Neh, I was trying to get away from us, I didn’t want to see you face everywhere so I left the country. Happy? Did you need to hear that? That I was too weak to stay and hear about you?!” I ask him harshly. “I hated not being with you.”

“You were the one who wanted for us to break up; we could have worked past everything.”

“Oh, like you idea was so great?” I ask him. “Give up being an idol?”

“It would have been all for you!” Taemin says raising his voice. “I hate that I can’t just hold your hand that you get so mad at me for just breathing.”

“I can’t help it…”I mumble. “Taemin I’m afraid if I’m nice I’ll let you in again, but that I won’t be strong enough to let go this time.”

“Why didn’t you just stay? Really.”

Looking away from him setting my bags down I let out a long sigh. “There was pressure from your company, from some other idols saying that I didn’t understand your lifestyle, that in the end I was just getting in the way, I was a big distraction that you didn’t need.”

“People said that?” He asks me grabbing my hand. “That wasn’t true!”

“It really doesn’t matter now does it?” I ask him. “It’s been three years.”

“Soon-Kyu…” Kissing my cheek he whispers. “Why can’t it matter? Why can’t you let us matter?”

“Taemin, I really can’t…I live in America, I have a job…I…”

“Just for a moment can’t you just tell me something straight? Can’t you just be honest?!”

Glaring up at him I rip my arm out of his grip. “Fine. I’m terrified, I hate not knowing what it’d be like with you, and at the same time I’m too scared because maybe you decide I’m not who you want, maybe I’m not the same girl you liked so much back then, maybe I’ve changed too much, maybe you’ve changed too much!”

“You and I both won’t know until we try.” he whispers caressing my cheek. “Soon-Kyu I didn’t just like you a lot, I love you.”

Taking in a deep breath I stare up at him, his hair still a reddish color, his eyes staring at me intently. “What?”

“I love you, I love you so much that while you were gone it hurt so much…I asked your parents to invite you back home, so we could try and work things out.”

“This is ridiculous.” I whisper leaning into him.

I can feel him chuckle silently. “You don’t disagree though, you don’t hate me.”

“How could I?” I whisper. “Taemin…”

“Just stay, please.” He begs me hugging me tightly. “I don’t care, I just wish we could have stayed together, I want us.”

“You still making wishes?” I ask him quietly.

“Neh, everyday.” He mumbles kissing the top of my head. “I can take care of you; I can be there for you.”

“I don’t need that, I just need you.” I mumble into his chest. “I was stupid.”

“Aniyo, we all were.”



 

A slightly lest cliche story, This is set actually when Taemin is older, his mid-twenties sort of. (: I hope you guys enjoy this.

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!