Reasons to Smile; Snacks

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

It should be simple right? Just hand him the snack I made for him, Taemin will take it right? I mean we’ve been dating for a while and he’s told me he’s been hungry during their break from practicing. my lips nervously I stare at SHINee’s practice room door, Key came out with Jonghyun, Minho and Onew then followed meaning Taemin is still in there right?

“You know you should just go in there, right?” I hear Jonghyun-oppa say cheerfully, standing next to me he stares at the door. “You’re kinda shy.” He observes.

“I know.” I mumble blushing looking down at the bag in my hands I look over at Jonghyun; he’s just smiling at me. “Dayoungie said I need to be nice and not so abrasive, so to put this gently. Taemin is waiting for you to come see him like this.” Jonghyun says seriously. “I’m not gonna force you to go in, but he’s been waiting for a while and our break doesn’t last forever Jinri.” With that the peculiar Jonghyun leaves me.

Chuckling I consider calling after him, but then that’d probably set his ego off and Dayoungie-Unnie says not to do that. Swallowing the fear I grip the doorknob and twist it. As I pull the door open I see Taemin lying sprawled out in the center of the room. The mics are set to the side, and the music for their new song is still playing. “Oppa I brought you a snack.” I say taking a seat a little ways away from him.

Sitting up he looks at me completely surprised, his hair flops in his face, the brown hair with a slightly reddish tint falling in his eyes before he pushes it out of his face. “You came!” His surprised face quickly smiles at me as I set the bag down between us.

“After Jonghyun urged me to, I’m sorry it always takes some to push me to move closer to you.” I mumble a bit embarrassed. “Anyways I brought you some banana milk and crackers. I wasn’t sure if anything else would be okay.” I tell him nervously pulling the three cartons of milk out and the package of crackers.

As I set the last milk out Taemin grabs my hand, looking up at him blushing he smiles at me. “I’m glad you thought of me.” He says grinning happily. “Hyungs aren’t good with giving me advice so I always end up asking Dayoung or Yoora.” Taemin says sighing somewhat heavily. “I don’t want you to feel like I’m hard to get close to.”

Smiling at him I move to sit next to him. “I’m getting used to dating you still, I know it’s been months and I should be accustomed to it, but I’m really glad that I we are dating.” I look over at Taemin to see his cheeks with a tinged a light red color causing me to blush even more.

Quietly we both let go each other’s hand, and open a carton milk and eat the crackers in silence, I smile happily at Taemin. “I’m really happy we’re dating too.” He mumbles shyly.

“You two should move out of this shy phase already, I want to see some kissing!” Jonghyun shouts shamelessly while avoiding several hits of the other guys. “So since you got in here then does that mean I can have the extra milk?” He asks persistently, though he doesn’t see Dayoungie-Unnie enter or her sneaking up on him and grabbing his ear.

“Would you quit that? I told you to be nicer.” She says shaking her head as she lets go of him once he’s standing. “Honestly, not everyone is comfortable with that kind of thing.” She says as the other girls walk in.

“Oh, are you two still fighting?” Taemin asks curiously looking over at Dayoungie, while Jonghyun is back on the ground sulking behind him, holding onto his shirt lightly. “Hyung you should just apologize to Noona.”

“I know, I have, but Noona won’t forgive me.” As soon as he said ‘Noona’ I felt Dayoung-Unnie’s glare intensify. “I’m in even more trouble now.” He mutters dejectedly.

“Oppa, maybe you should try not aggravating her more.” I tell him flatly. “Or not being so clingy to other people.” I say sharply as he snuggles closer to Taemin.

Key snickers while tugging the older boy off of his dongsang. “You know, Jinri is right, maybe you should just cling to Dayoung.”

“Like I’d let him even touch me.” Dayoung says sharply before moving behind Yoora. “How are your snacks?” She asks bright and smiling at us as though the groveling Jonghyun isn’t in front of her. Ah, I’m not going to upset Unnie…ever.

“They’re good, thanks for the idea.” I says happily getting up. “Taemin why don’t we go out in the hall.” I suggest seeing as the mood has become increasingly tense. Getting up to follow me, Taemin takes me hand with the last milk in his other hand leading me out into the hall and far from the practice room.

“Hyung must have really upset Noona.” Taemin says sighing with a smile on his face. “Though, I’ve never see Dayoung attack him verbally like that.”

I nod my head agreeing, as Taemin opens the milk and taking a sip he offers me some. “Though I think she’ll forgive him soon.” I say smiling, resting against Taemin slightly. “After all Unnie has soft spot for him.”

“Would you forgive me, if I did something like whatever it was Jonghyun did?” Taemin asks me suddenly. The seriously look on his face surprised me, there still are lots of surprising things about Tae that makes me want to learn more.

“Of course, though you’d have to plead a bit.” I say sassily as Taemin takes me hand in his. “Though I imagine I wouldn’t last long.”

“I’d be crazy to ever make you angry like that though.” Taemin says chuckling. “Thank you for the snack Jinri.” Smiling I hide my face behind Taemin’s arm, blushing I nod my head simply, it’s enough for him to wrap an arm around me and to kiss the top of my head, only furthering me happiness right in this exact moment.

 


 

 

I though it'd be a bit interesting to do something centered around food
but at the same not. I suppose it's more the thought here.
And of course some antics from the other members, though they're hardly mentioned/have a part.
Anyways I have Onew's left before I finish this little mini-series.
; u ;
I hope you guys are enjoying these and everything ^^

 

[11 left]
[8 planned]
[3 available]

Onew Jonghyun | Key [1] | Minho [1] | Taemin [1]