Thank You

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

I’ll admit that it is a bit unnerving to see a girl, a girl no older than nineteen running around in a dress, not just any dress but one meant for a gala event. I’ll also own up to being the girl that ran away from the event that my parents have been planning for months, that I didn’t want to be there, seen but not heard. The party was never something I wanted, my big day, my big day to come into the world as my parents’ daughter, the one that’s supposed to be this intelligent, sophisticated, classy, polite young woman entering society. I know it’s a bit selfish, after all some girl somewhere would take my place in an instant, but I’d trade that girl right now for a chance at a normal life.

“Excuse me miss, but you need to get back to your party.” Mr. Kim says showing up in front of me. “Your parents are worried.”

“It’s their party.” I mumble turning around and running into the crowd losing him as I follow the flow of the crowd going along with them, taking a ride away from my life for a little while.

Stopping at a small restaurant, stepping in I take a seat in a booth away from the windows. “What would you like?” An older lady asks smiling at me.

Looking up surprised I smile “Umm, anything you’d recommend would be fine.” I tell her politely.

She nods her head. “A bowl of our special for the day and a little bit of advice.” She says walking away.

Staring at her walking behind the counter, watching her come back I smile at her again. “Thank-you.” I whisper.

“It’s not a problem my dear. But it looks like you’re running away from something.” She says taking a seat. “Do you want to talk about it?”

Laughing a little, nervously, I nod my head. “My parents are throwing this party right now. For my birthday.”

“Oh, so why aren’t you there enjoying it?” She asks me curiously. “It looks like its some party by the way you’re dressed.”

“It is, but it’s not me.” I whisper. “It’s not what I want.”

She nods her head. “You wanted something simple?” She guesses. “Just a day to get away?” She asks me.

“Mom?” A guy calls looking around. “Mom!” He says coming up to our table. “I’m sorry, she does this more often than you think.” He says helping his mother up.

“Oh, no it’s fine.” I tell him smiling. “She’s actually giving me a little bit of advice.”

He nods his head. “Mom careful alright?”

“Oh, Onew calm down.” She says swatting him off. “Maybe you should get back to that party and talk to your parents about a day away.”

Nodding my head I bow and thank her for the food, paying for it I jog out into the streets just as a downpour hits, the rain soaking my through instantly. Smiling up at the sky and twirling around I let go of it all and decide that I’m not going back, not now.

“Excuse me but are you alright?” the guy asks standing outside under an umbrella. “Miss?”

“I’m good.” I tell him smiling. “Better than I have been in a while.”

“Are you sure? You’re getting soaked. Do you want a change of clothes?” He asks me carefully.

Looking down at my dress, and back at him I nod my head. “That’d be great, as long as I’m not putting you out or anything.” I tell him stopping.

“You aren’t, come on.” He says nodding me over down the street. “I’m Onew.”

“Park Bomi” I tell him falling in step beside him. “Thank-you.”

Chuckling Onew looks over at me. “You know you’ll get sick if you stay out in a storm like this?”

“Well it wouldn’t be the end of the world.” I whisper smiling happily. “After all if I’m happy I think it’d be ok if it was.”

“You’re odd.” He says looking over at me. “I mean in a good way.” He adds quickly.

“Oh don’t worry, it’s not offensive. It’s the best thing anyone’s said to me.”

“Sorry?”

“The truth.” I tell him as we enter a building, quietly he leads me up the stairs, down a hall and into an apartment.

“My older sister left some clothes; they shouldn’t be too big on you.” He says leading me further into the place. “Here you are.”

“Thanks.” I whisper taking a pair of jeans and a shirt. “Where’s the bathroom?” I ask him looking around.

“Oh right, over here.” He says pointing down the hall. “Sorry.” He whispers looking away as I scoot past him.

Changing quickly I yank my dress off and toss it on the floor, hearing it slop on the floor; I quickly pull on the jeans and shirt, drying myself off with a towel. Stepping out I bump into Onew. “Sorry.” I whisper blushing.

“It’s alright, there’s a guy…Mr. Kim?”

Sighing I scrunch my nose. “He found me already?”

“Sorry?”

Laughing I smile at him. “I ran away from my birthday party, and oddly enough the time with you have been the best part of my day.” I tell him sighing, “It was a pleasure to meet you Onew.”

Laughing nervously he escorts me to the door. “Should I be worried?” He asks me holding my shoulder.

Shaking my head I kiss his cheek happily. “No, but thank-you.”



 

Another drabble posted. ^^

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!