The Songwriter

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

 

 

Sorry if you guys have already read this, but it got delete so no big really. :)



 

 

“Thanks Heechan” Jo Kwon and Hana say waving to me. “We’ll see you around.” Waving back to them I nod my head, knowing that they’re just being polite. Everyone says that after I finish a song for them, what they really mean is I’ll see you next time I need a song kay?

Sighing I twirl around in my chair, trying to fight the over whelming urge to scream, after all I’ve been left before, I don’t need to get over emotional about another couple people.

“Hello, Heechan?” A voice calls, looking up I see a boy, rather attractive, beautiful chocolate brown hair, eyes so vivid they made me question everything I’ve ever wondered, and mostly what I’d been thinking moments before. “Hello, I’m Kibum.” He says bowing respectfully, Kim Kibum of SHINee walked into my music room. I have to be dreaming. I mean SME wouldn’t let one of their star idols work with someone like me…

“Hello.” I say shooting up to bow back. “How may I help you?” I ask him taking my seat after offering him one.

Smiling shyly he looks around. “I want to sing a song with you.” He says carelessly. “I know you write songs and I hear you have quite the voice.” Shocked I stare at him, “Oh come now it can’t be that surprising.” He says airily, as though people came into the music room everyday telling me they wanted to sing with me, sure a song, but not to sing a song with them.

Shaking my head I look past him at the door. “Honestly you’re the first.” I mumble looking into Kibum’s eyes. “I can write you a song no problem, a duet sure. But I don’t perform anymore.” I tell him hesitantly. I haven’t, not since I was abandoned on stage by myself, not since I was left behind from everything to help me ‘focus on my career’. “Besides I seriously doubt you want to sing with me, we can look around and ask to see if we can find someone more adequate for your song.”

Key frowns and the look in his eyes are a little off putting. “I don’t want to sing with anyone else.” Key says stubbornly. “I want to sing with you.”

Sighing I bit my lip. “I don’t know, Kibum-sshi.” I mumble looking down at my lap. “I mean I haven’t sung publicly in a long time.”

“I don’t care. You write songs don’t you want to be there when they’re sung? To see your work cheered on?” He asks me scooting closer, taking one of my hands he smiles, “Heechan you songs are amazing, and everyone loves them, why can’t they love the person who makes them possible?”

 

And like that Kibum talked me into doing a duet with him, we wrote the song together, composed and produced it for SHINee’s next concert.

 

Standing backstage I peek at the crowd as we do a final mic check, and everything. “This is crazy.” I mumble to myself seeing the thousands of fans all waking for Kibum and I to walk onto stage and to sing them a song, a song we made together.

“Hey don’t worry about them, just focus on the song, you’ll do fine.” Kibum says taking my hand. “Come on let’s get you your love.”

Once on stage Kibum introduces me, and the music starts I smile at him nervously before I sing the first verse. Singing our way through I relax and begin to forget about being left, about being on stage.

 

“You were amazing!” Jonghyun and Taemin gush smiling at me. “You actually made Kibum look good!” They joke happily as I walk off stage.

“Yah, leave my Heechan alone.” Kibum says dragging me away from Jonghyun and Taemin as they prepare to run on stage. “But they’re right.”

Laughing I smile at Kibum. “Thank-you for asking me to do a song with you,” I tell Kibum gratefully. “This was amazing.”

Kibum chuckles “You do know we still have more performances, not to mention a follow up. Heechan you and I are going to have a lot of time together.” Kibum says smiling at me. “I’m going to keep you out of that little music room.”

Frowning I tilt my head. “I like my music room even if it is a little cramped.” I tell him defensively, besides it’s normally only me in the room anyways.

Kibum shakes his head. “We’re getting you a bigger room, a room with a view.” Kibum continues on. “Heechan you’re going to have a great time with me.”

Laughing I just nod my head, as I found out Kibum’s word is as good as done. He gets things done. “You say that like we’re going to be together for the next billion years.” I tell him sarcastically.

Kibum nods his head. “Well we’re a hot item now.” He says taking my hand. “At least I want us to be together. I don’t like seeing you by yourself.” Frowning again I look into Kibum's oh-so vivid eyes. “Always writing songs for people, then you’re all alone. How is that fair to you? You produce art and you aren’t thanked, not properly.”

“Kibum, it’s ok.” I mumble stuck looking into his eyes. “I’m used to it.”

Shaking his head he kisses me gently. “Not anymore.” He whispers. “You’re going to be around me, around friends. You’ll have someone.” He says stubbornly. “I, Kim Kibum, demand it.”

Shaking my head I take Kibum's hand gingerly. “We’ll be together than?”

Nodding his head he kisses the top of my forehead, bringing butterflies to my stomach. “For a very long time.”


 

 

A Request for RiCa1826 :)

Keep commenting, subscribing and requesting!!!!