Fight For Me

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

 “Tae, we need to talk.” I mutter at him staring at his feet.

“Shoot.” He says carelessly, obviously he’s been so busy that he doesn’t recognize the cliché line in every movie where a couple breaks up. “What do you want to talk about Ha Ni?”

Blowing my bangs out of my eyes I look up to meet his gaze, and sure enough his eyes are ready to pour into mine, but with a look of curiosity; not worry, somehow this whole situation is playing out like every love movie and drama I’ve ever watched where the girl decides enough is enough, that she can’t stand it anymore…

“Taemin…” I start darting my eyes to look away, peeking at his; them still studying my face, anything as for a hint, although I’m not sure if this is an act. “I want to break up.”

“W-what?” He asks confused his eyebrows knitting together, his body tensing up his arms hanging at his sides lifelessly. “Why? Did I do something?” He asks, his childish side that I find cute coming out, his native personality that I fell so in love with…

“Taemin…” I whisper looking at him awkwardly. “I can’t keep seeing you like this.” I tell him slowly.

“Like what?!” Tae asks raising his voice. “Like what?” He repeats after I didn’t answer. “Ha Ni there isn’t someone else is there?”

“No, Taemin there isn’t someone else, but you know what it feels like to be with you?” I ask him holding my tears back, not waiting for his response I continue. “Like I’m fighting and fighting to be with you and that you could care less, that I’m just your friend that you keep around for the fun of it.” I tell him the truth I’ve wanted to scream at him for the past few months now. His confused expression just proves me right, “Taemin…”

“Ha Ni…”

Turning away from him, I take one last look over my shoulder to see his face sort of pained but not nearly as much as I’m feeling, turning back I head straight out of the room, leaving him alone, leaving behind out memories for me to try to move on, to try and see someone new maybe.

Walking down the streets, leaving him standing there after the fight hurts me it really does, but what really hurts me is that he’s not chasing me. I know he wouldn’t I mean who would chase the girl that was giving up on a relationship, but to be honest a part of me wanted to believe that Taemin would, he would fight for me just to prove me wrong, that he would fight for me just like I always have for him. Of course though you have to give up the fight sometimes, I just couldn’t keep going like we were, I just couldn’t.

 

 

A Few Months Later

 

Growling in frustration as I hop along the street to my apartment, kicking a small stone every now and then, “Stupid boss, can’t ever let me out of his damn sight can he?” I mutter under my breath.

“You’re living alone now?” I hear a voice I haven’t heard in a while, a voice I’ve tried my best not to think about, but in the end it happens to be all that I can think about lately.

“Bwo?” I ask looking up to see a now blonde Taemin, an amused expression on his face. “How did you find me?” I ask him stopping a few feet away from him.

“You parents were more than happy to volunteer the information.” He says simply. “Ha Ni?”

“Well then obviously I live alone.” I tell him turning my head away from him, my lips trembling, fighting to keep my body still, it aching to be in his arms again. “What do you want?”

Hearing a chuckle escape I twirl my head around to look at him, him scratching the back of his head. “Honestly…I was just curious about how you’ve been.”

“Bad.” I tell him point blank. “Anything else?”

He laughs. “Would you mind letting me in?” He asks gesturing towards the complex.

Glaring at him I walk past him, opening the door I allow him to pass me, watching him pass me I notice a few things, he’s grown even more since I last saw him, he seems more confident around me and strangely enough Taemin seems to have aged years in a span of a few months. “So what brings you to visit me? Really.” I ask him as we get in the elevator.

He smirks at me. “To talk to you.”

“Oh.” I say quietly. “Anything in particular about? Something quick?”

Taemin laughs again, it’s nice to hear. “Depends on you I suppose, Ha Ni.”

Frowning I turn away from him, I suddenly don’t like the situation I’m in…

In a daze I walk to my apartment, twisting the key I allow him in first. “Ha Ni?”

“Hmm?”

Another laugh. “I said ‘do you really feel like we shouldn’t be together?’.”

Staring at him shocked I furrow my brow. “Which one did you talk to?” I ask him sitting on the couch. “Jonghyun?”

“And Minho.” He adds nonchalantly. “Believe it or not but after you broke up with me I was pretty upset.”

“You don’t strike me as the type.” I tell him irritated. “Who are you to come here months later and ask if this is what I want?!” I say glaring at him. “Taemin of course this isn’t what I want!”

“Then why?” He asks me harshly. “Why break up with me?”

“I told you. I was sick of being the tag-along friend!” I shout at him, tears beginning to fall. “Damnit.” I whisper. “I promised I’d stop.”

“Stop what?” Tae asks his back to me. “Stop?”

Wiping some of the tears away I frown again. “Crying over you.”

Turning around he studies my face before stepping closer to me, resting his hands on my hips, leaning his head on mine and speaking. “I’m sorry.” He whispers kissing me, trembling he stops to hug me tightly. “Ha Ni?”

“Taemin?”

“Be mine again?” Nodding my head Taemin’s hug becomes tighter. “Don’t leave me again, ever.”

“Fight for me always.” I whisper back



 

A quick drabble I typed up, :) Enjoy these!!

 

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!