Doubt

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

There wasn’t a moment that I doubted how I ever felt about him. I just knew how much I loved him, but what I should have doubted was how he felt about me. Boys talk about how girls use them and how we break hearts, but what they neglect to talk about is how they break their fair share of hearts themselves. I was stupid enough to fall for the suave musician, the cool and collected; collected as in girls.

“Where are you going Yoona?” Myungsoo asks me holding my hand, petting it, his voice coming off like a purr. “Huh? Sweetie, you know how I feel about you.” He says again, that once sweet voice, now bitter to me.

“Yeah, I know exactly what I am to you. Just another conquest, muse, something to be used up, and let me tell you I am tired of you using me. You can have something else instead.” I say with a bite in my voice, ripping my arm away I glare at him, “You can have my absence, use that in your songs.” I tell him grabbing my purse and storming out of the place, never again. No, I won’t go back to that…that jerk.

 

Walking out in the frigid cold winter night, pulling my coat closer to me I glance around on the busy streets, trying to pick a direction, any direction. Who could care right? I just made the best decision concerning my love life; I have the rest of the night to revel in it and forget the loser. Walking around aimlessly I finally stumble to a warm café, open. Walking in I walk to the counter to order a drink, something to warm me up, a caramel drizzled hot chocolate with extra whip cream. Taking my seat I look around the half full place, a group of people on the other end of the café talking happily about what the new year will bring. As my order is called I bump into someone heading from the counter, barely saving either of us from a burn.

“I’m sorry!” I say bowing to him regretfully.

The guy smiles at me, “It’s fine, don’t worry about.” He says brightly, turning around he picks up my hot coco, “Here, why don’t you come join us?” He says gesturing to the group of people on the far end of the café.

“I don’t know.” I murmur readily accepting the coco, and then my mind flashes to Myungsoo, and so I nod my head smiling at the stranger, “I’m Yoona.”

“Key,” The stranger says pleasantly leading the way, “Guys this is Yoona, Yoona this is Taemin, Jonghyun, Amber, Sullie, Onew, Minho, Victoria and Krystal.” He says taking a seat and making room for me.

Exchanging hellos I quickly discover that they’ve known each other for years, a few of them even grew up together.

“So Yoona what’re you doing all alone?” Key asks as the group splitters into their own groups, occasionally including another or starting a new topic elsewhere within the group.

Chuckling bitterly I look down at my now empty cup, “Nothing really, you know just fixing my life a little bit.” I say on a happier note. “I broke it off with this jerk.” I explain to his confused face.

“Well that’s a relief to hear.” Key says smiling at me. “What brought that up?”

Glancing at the Sullie now intrigued by our conversation smiles at me warmly, “We’re not going to bite.”

Nodding my head I let out a sigh, might as well right? “He cheated, stupid musicians and all.” I tell them lamely. “I just got fed up with it I guess and besides it was starting to get suffocating.”

“Well that’s good for you; Key here is the perfect guy.” Sullie says brightly, “He’s really nice, Amber it’s time to go, get Krystal.” She says abruptly as the clock chimes.

“Yeah I better get going too.” Victoria says sighing; she hugs everyone good bye, “Luna is going to be waiting.” She explains as Taemin asks why.

“We’ll walk with you.” Jonghyun and Taemin say getting up. “I’ll see you at home Minho.” Jonghyun adds stretching. “You too Onew, bye Key, it was nice to meet you Yoona.”

“Bye.” I say as the group dwindles down to Key and me. They were all here then gone, it was a little crazy. “Well I should probably get going too.” I tell Key putting my coat on.

Key gets up putting his own coat on, “Let me walk you home?” He asks me smiling, “It’s a little late.” Biting my lip I stare at Key trying to decide if it’d be alright. Finally nodding my head I lead the way to my home.

“The holidays are coming up pretty fast.” I comment looking up at all the Christmas decorations. I could always go back home, but I don’t think I want to be around all that…

“Are you staying in the city?” Key asks me casually, glancing at him I shrug my shoulders. “Well if you do we could hang out.”

“It sounds nice.” I whisper fighting the chill of the cold air, “What about family?”

He smiles at me, “My parents are taking a trip together, they invited me, but I think it was more to get alone and relive the spark.” He says laughing lightly, “I don’t mind much anyways. Most of the guys are staying anyways. And yours?”

“They’re in Busan, I’d like to see them, but not during the holidays.” I tell him “Thank you by the way for inviting me to sit with you guys.”

“Hey I thought it’d be fun, besides you saw them, they’re a good bunch of people.” Key says happily. “In fact Victoria and Luna are having a Christmas party next week, want to come with me?” He asks me smiling.

I find myself nodding without even thinking and then remembering that this is how I’d met Myungsoo, without thinking. “It sounds like fun.”

“Great, we’re all meeting at the café before we head over.” Key says smiling. “So I’ll see you next Wednesday at six?”

Nodding my head I point to the building, “This is my stop; I’ll see you next Wednesday.”

 

At the party I stick next to Key, there are a ton of people, Luna is nice, and a great hostess as is Victoria. I’ve seen all the guys from last time and then some. Key and I talk about everything, and I hate it but I have the little bit of doubt in my mind telling me that Key isn’t good, that this is all a trick of the mind. Honestly though I think that’s just the left over doubt from Myungsoo, Key is great, he’s funny, sensible, cute and best of all no abandoning me to talk with the countless other people obviously eager to see him.

“So some party huh?” He asks smiling, everything was warm, the atmosphere the people.

Nodding my head we stop in a doorway because of Jonghyun, slightly tipsy, “You have to kiss!” He cheers pointing up excitedly.

Key and I both look up in unison; hanging right above us is mistletoe; I then look over at Key, him glaring at Jonghyun. “Sorry, but he won’t stop…” He says sighing.

Smiling at Key I kiss him lightly on his lips, “It wasn’t so bad.” I tell him as the doubt leaves.

Jonghyun cheers patting us on the back, Key smiles at me, “You’re right…” He mumbles blushing, but he looks happy, more than happy in fact.

The rest of the night Key and I are holding hands enjoying the night and the people, without a doubt this has been the most fun I’ve had in a long while. 


 

And tah-dah a Christmas one shot in June. I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I wrote it, but I was in a Christmas mood. haha

Comment, Subscribe and Request!