Awkwardly Sweet

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

“Let’s go out and get something to eat Soo Young!” Mina cheers tugging on my arm, “Let’s go!”

Rolling my eyes I comply by grabbing my purse. “You’re supposed to be my Unnie.”

Flailing hers around me she smiles. “But I’m the upbeat one so I can act how I wish.” She says happily. “Besides you’ve been down, we need to pick up.” Mina chides me as we walk down the hall. “Soo Young really it was one guy one year ago.”

Glaring at her I quicken my pace. “Mina just because I’m not in a relationship doesn’t make me down.”

“Just moody.”

“Mina I am warning you.”

“And I am being a friend telling you that you’re being emotionally unfair to yourself by locking out men.”

Sighing I turn around to face her. “And Mina in your big idea is?”

“The next decent, emphasis on decent, you agree to a date or ask him to go on one. You’re a shut in.”

“You’re watching too much Gossip Girl or whatever it is you’re watching now.”

“HEY American television can be educational!” Mina counters smirking. “Besides you’re considering if you’re trying to make sense of my logic!”

“Just keep walking.” I tell her trying to keep my anger in check. “After we wouldn’t want you starve.”

 

Entering the restaurant Mina is still going on about how lonely I am and how my life has been a black abyss.

“Hi, Onew,” Mina says to our waiter. “Onew right?”

“Yes,” He says smiling. “I’m Onew and I’ll be your server tonight. What can I--”

“Right, right, right, first this is my best friend Soo Young…”

“Good god Mina.” I say covering my face. “Onew She wants me to ask you out to dinner.”

Blushing he smiles at us nervously. “W-what could I get you for—“

“Onew are you free tomorrow because I know Soo Young is.” Mina says cheerfully. “What do you say? She’s cute, can be funny and—“

“Mina!” I hiss at her. “Onew don’t worry about her, she’s just insane.” Smiling over at him I continue. “We’ll have the kimchi with two glasses of bubble tea.” I tell him glancing over the menu.

“I don’t want…” Silencing Mina with a look Onew writes our order down.

“If you don’t mind I could meet you here and we could go for ice cream.” Onew says blushing.

Shocked I nod my head, watching him walk away. “See he likes you!” Mina cheers happily.

Sitting quietly I stare at her. “Why do you care so much?”

Rolling her eyes she smiles at me. “You’re my best friend, who happened to date a total jerk, who then proceeded in being a total jackass and broke my best friend’s heart. I want you to have that twinkle in your eye before that jerk came into your life, and I think if you meet the right guy you’ll get that happiness that he took back.”

Staring at her I smile. “I guess I should be thankful for your pushy, yet caring self.”

“Well thank-you for FINALLY appreciating my friendship.” Mina says happily. “And buying.”

“Yeah, yeah , yeah.” I tell him smiling. “You’re just lucky you’re my best friend.”

 

After dinner Mina was very prompt to leave, Onew smiled at me. “So you ready to go?”

Nodding my head I walk out the door as Onew held it open. “Thank-you.”

“So Soo Young…”

“Onew…”

Chuckling he smiles at me. “Awkward.”

“Well…”

“It sorta comes with me.”

“Pardon?”

“Being awkward.”

“Sweet?”

“No awkward.”

“No sweet.” I tell him chuckling. “Your awkwardness isn’t just awkward it’s sweet.”

“Sweet, good?”

Laughing I nod my head. “Sweet good.”

“Sweet enough to hold hands with?”

Holding mine out I smile at Onew. “Of course.”

 

Somehow Onew being so open and well awkward was comforting that I wasn’t the only one hurting, that someone can mend that aching pain in my chest, and personally I’m starting to Onew can do that.



 

For YYS_SILVER I hope you enjoy this :)

 

Upcoming: Minho sequel, and Taemin sequel :)

 

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!