We Could Do Anything

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

Arriving at the piano room Jiae smiles seeing Taemin mindlessly play keys. Stepping in Taemin’s head twirls, a smile forming on his lips seeing the young girl. Both take tentative steps towards each other after all their conflicting lives had the nasty habit of interrupting their time together. Intertwining their fingers they both grin happily at each other.

“It’s been so long.” Taemin mumbles pushing a piece of hair out of her face, caressing her cheek he smiles pleasantly. “I’ve missed you.”

Jiae smiles shyly at Taemin’s affectionate touch, blushing she speaks. “I thought about you every day, I played my song for you every single day.” She confesses as he leads her to the piano.

“Play for me?” He asks her as silence falls around them Complying Jiae’s fingers dance across the keys again, just like when they first met. The melody a happy and joyful sound now that the two have been reunited.

 

“Jiae what have we told you?” A harsh voice booms from behind the happy couple talking of happy dreams. “You were to forget this boy.” Her mother says plucking the young girl from Taemin’s grasp. “We sent you to New York to forget this nonsense of love.”

Glaring Jiae rips herself out of her mother’s clutches. “Why would I forget? Why would I even dream of letting go of being with Taemin?!” Jiae solicits, “Why would I try to forget how I feel when I’m with Taemin?”

Moving to take her hand Taemin smiles at the brave girl standing up to her mother. “I thought about you every day that you were gone, I tried even harder waiting for your return.” Taemin voices valiantly. “Mrs. Choi what could really come from Jiae and I being together? What could go wrong?” He asks the vexed woman glaring at the young boy’s hand being held back by her daughter. “We’re happy together.”

Mrs. Choi scoffs at the statement. “Jiae doesn’t have time for your frivolous love story that won’t end well for either of you.” Stepping forward the young couple retracts together.

“Mother you don’t know that. Taemin and I may have a happy ending!” Jiae yells tears forming. “Is it so bad that I’ve found someone?” She asks looking at Taemin, a smile forming as she does so. “Someone who makes me happy just being near, someone that makes my heart soar from a simple hello?” She asks trying to relay the feelings she has for Taemin. “That I may actually be falling in love?”

Again Mrs. Choi ridicules the young couple. “Jiae step away from that boy. You don’t know anything of the challenges of this ‘love’ it won’t work. He’s from a different world than you. You’ve been brought up to take over the company not to go off to fall in love. You’re young this will pass. Besides your father and I already have a suitable man for you to marry. He comes from a well to do family, like you.” The older women says dropping a bomb on the two.

Taemin glances at the now hesitating Jiae, the girl who was after brought up to do as she was told, her rebellion never have happening until she met Taemin. “Jiae?” Taemin asks as her hand releases his own. “Jiae?”

She glances at Taemin, tears streaming down her face. “Do you believe we could make it?” She asks him her voice becoming ragged. “Do you believe in us?” She asks him before taking his hand again.

Taemin smiles wiping the tears away. “Of course I do.” He whispers taking her head between his hands. “We could do anything.”



 

Another part added on ^^ I edited the last chapter of this, I fixed it @W@ so if you want you can go back and read it, nothing really changed, it just flows better now. :)

Comment, Request and Subscribe!!