More Than A Fan

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

“Jessica you’re crazy.” Miyoung says to me for the millionth time. “He probably doesn’t even remember you; he’s met thousands of fans, millions even!” She continues to rant, however this is drowned out by Key’s part in Up and Down. I really don’t care what she says, or that Jiyeon agrees.

“Look.” I tell them sighing. “I know he’s famous, and that he has a lot of fans, but I can’t help it. I’ve met him.”

“And?” Jiyeon asks skeptically. “Jessica, we’re only saying this because it’s crazy to save yourself for some idol you’ll only ever be a fan to.”

Frowning I glance out the window. “I’ll be leaving first.” I tell them standing up; walking out of the café I kick a stone along the side walk. How would they know what love is like? It’s not like they’ve ever fell in love before. They’ve never looked at someone the way I see Key, his luscious hair, always changing and always suiting him, his warm brown eyes, and best of all, his smile. Key may be somewhat a diva, but I like that about him. He’ll speak his mind, he’ll be honest and he cares about those around him. What’s not to love about Key, and I mean really love. I wouldn’t care if Key was famous or not, part of SHINee or not, I’d still love him.

Frustrated I find a bench to sit on kicking a stone, I don’t need them to remind me that I’ll never be with him, I don’t need anyone for that, but I’d like it if they’d at least be a little more supportive of how I feel. Standing up I glare at the sky, completely alone in the park. “I DON’T CARE WHAT THEY THINK I’LL ALWAYS LOVE KEY!” I screaming, sitting down I feel much better. Maybe that’s what I really needed, to get out all my aggravation. People should scream at the sky more often.

“Is that really true?” A voice asks popping out of nowhere, looking for the owner of said voice I jump seeing the owner leaning on a tree, their face obscured.

Jumping back I look back behind me, ready to run. “Yeah, I don’t care if you’re going to tell me it’s ridiculous and that he’ll never know me, I love him.” I say standing by ground.

“That’s very admirable.” He says looking up at the sky, his voice familiar. “But I wouldn’t go so far to say I’d never know you.”

My jaw dropping I watch as the said stranger removes his hood. “Key” I squeak blushing furiously, looking down I dig my heels into the ground feeling embarrassed, after all this isn’t exactly how you want to confess to someone, screaming at the sky. Sure memorable but a little crazy looking. “I…”

“Ah so you can be shy.” He says chuckling, his voice closer now, peeking I see him walking over taking a seat on the bench. “Don’t worry I’m not going to make fun of you.”

I wish I could say that was a relief but I’m even more worried now, what if he’s thinking I’m stupid?! What if he doesn’t like me? I can’t even remember how I’m wearing my hair. Shoot, I should have done my laundry. I rant in my head.

“Yah, I said sit down, I look awkward trying to talk to you standing.” Key’s voice rings through my ranting mind, sitting obediently on the far side of the bench he laughs again, his laugh. It’s as musical in person as it is on the variety programs. “You’re funny,” Scooting closer so that we’re at a more friendly distance apart I tense up, blushing like crazy.

Unable to say anything I stare at my hands in my lap. “Didn’t you hear my question?” He asks me poking my side.

“Bwo?” I ask him confused, mentally slapping myself for spacing out earlier. “I mean…no.”

Instead of an exasperate sigh or him getting up to leave Key surprised me by asking again, his tone light and happy. “Why were you declaring your love?”

Peeking I see him staring at me intently, biting my lip I try to form my answer. “Ah. You see…” I mumble frowning; he’s just another person, right? “My friends think I’m crazy for being in love with you, and I guess I was just so mad I had to scream.”

Laughing he pats my back. “What’s your name?”

“Jessica.” I whisper shyly. “Park Jessica.” Still watching Key gives me a energetic smile. I could die; I never in a million years would think that Key would smile at me like that, at me.

“You seem like a lively girl Jessica.” Key comments leaning his head back. “So why love someone” He puts air quotes around “unattainable” before continuing, “Like me?”

Frowning I watching him openly now, slowly getting over my shyness. “Well besides the fact that other people can’t compare to you?” I mutter. “You’re so open and honest; you have no problem in just being yourself. Everyone here is so busy trying to be someone else and to get something out of something that I just can’t see the appeal in it. That’s why I’ve decided to be me, to ignore what everyone is has said. Why I still won’t care if you’ll never see me again, think I’m crazy, stupid or whatever, I’ll still love you.”

Blushing I watch Key’s head pop up. “I definitely don’t think you’re stupid or crazy.”

Nodding my head I smile at him. “It’s a step.”

Laughing he squeezes my shoulder. “Jessica come back here tomorrow, same time.”

 

Walking into the park I feel the anxiety, maybe this is some sort of trick, I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do here. Finding my way back to the park I sit on the bench, waiting.

“Ah good you came.” Key says taking a seat next to me. “I was sort of a afraid I scared you yesterday.” Watching Key full of interest, not at just him asking me to come here without a reason but also that he was scared I’d stand him up.

“Why wouldn’t I come?” I ask him confused, again I watch him.

Grinning he runs a hand through his hair. “Well you’ve met me, confessed your love, and we’re alone.”

“Alone?”

“Well yeah you didn’t tell anyone?” He asks me leaning back on one arm.

I nod my head. “Just myself over and over in my room.”

“Oh?”

Frowning I nod my head. “I’m still sort of shocked. I’m not even sure how to process all of this.”

Patting my head Key’s eyes soften. “I’m glad to hear that. Normally I can’t meet anyone for real unless they’re already famous or something.”

Tilting my head I giggle, I’m not sure why but I do. “So why are we here again?” I ask him relaxing.

Staring at me seriously he answers me, and maybe I misheard him but I smile anyways. “I like you, so I want to get to know you.”



 

A Request completed for RiCa1826. I hope you like this one, and it was actually pretty interesting to write :)

^^ I'm not sure if someone else requested something, but if you did could you post/message me again so that I have the detail?

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!