Always

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

I remember when everything was perfect, when we were together and happy. The times that we’d run around in the snow because we could, the times we spent endless hours just reading and snuggling together when it was raining outside, I remember all the little things that we did together. For me, those things stand out the most.

Now though, things aren’t so perfect, things aren’t so happy, and we aren’t really together anymore. Even so I still like being with you, I still like having you by my side, even though we fight, even though things are hard right now I wouldn’t want to have anyone else standing next to me.

 

~~~

 

It was one of those quiet afternoons that we both happened to be home. Humming to myself while reading I feel a gaze on me, looking up I smile happily seeing Jonghyun just watching me with a curious look on his face. “Is there something on my face?” I ask him playfully

“When do you think about me?” He asks randomly coming over to me, taking a seat he just studies me carefully. “What makes you think of me? What keeps you here?” He asks me quietly.

Slightly shocked at the sudden conversation and the gravity of it, I want to give him an honest and sincere answer. Setting my book down closed on the coffee table only one day stands out that really answers his question. “Do you remember that time we went to the library together?” I ask him quietly, a smile coming to my face. “The time when we’d just started seeing each other.”

“Yeah, our first year of university.” Jonghyun says simply. “We got kicked out.” He says chuckling.

Smiling I nod my head. “You’d started flirting with me and I kept giggling, you’d made me blush, we were supposed to be studying for an exam.” I mumble smiling happily. “When I started to seriously study and you wouldn’t have that so you kept throwing paper balls at me to get my attention…I think that’s when I never stopped thinking about you.” I tell him chuckling. “It sounds ridiculous but in those few moments where we were just throwing the paper balls back at each other you’ve never left me mind.” Turing so I’m facing Jonghyun I rest my head on my palm while propping it up on the back of the couch. “Everything makes me think of you Jonghyun.”

“Didn’t you fail that exam because of me, Kiyoung?” Jonghyun asks smiling at me, reaching out he rests his hand against my face. “I remember when I first saw you. You, Kiyoung were not alone.” He says pouting. “I’d liked you from that moment, when you stumbled through the door and took a seat next to me.” Frowning I give him a questioning look; I definitely do not remember this. “You’d been dating some jerk.”

“I don’t date jerks.” I tell Jonghyun laughing. “What class was it?”

Jonghyun sighs contently. “Lit.” Jonghyun says chuckling. “And maybe he wasn’t a jerk, but he wasn’t me so I just didn’t like him.”

Laughing I shake my head at this goofball. “I can’t believe I sat next to you.” I murmur smiling. “Jonghyun you want to know why I’m still here, why I haven’t left…” Nodding his head he pouts slightly. “Even if I’m unhappy sometimes, even if things aren’t perfect none of that changes how I feel about you.”

Jonghyun leans forward and kisses the top of my head. “I love you too Kiyoung.” He whispers as his lips curl into a smile. “Always.”

 


 

 

I apologize for how long it has taken me to post this
This is a request for SHINeeLovers
I have been sitting on this finished one-shot for about three months now.
I am very excited to finally post it. (:
So to those who have requested.
I haven't forgotten, I am working on them and they
shall be coming out soon.
So  yeah... XD

 

[8 left]
[5 planned]
[3 available]

Onew Jonghyun | Key [1] | Minho [1] | Taemin [1]