Shooting Star

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

Lying on the deck looking up at the stars I smile happily, “So pretty.” I whisper incandescently.  The deep blue sky looking as though someone just took a bottle of silver glitter and threw it up to the heavens, just so that they sky wouldn’t look so empty.

“What’re you doing Jiyeon?” I hear Jonghyun ask me, kneeling over my head. “You look a little crazy.”

Rolling my eyes I try to look past him, I rather not stare at something I know is up to no good.

“I’m looking at the sky, you know stars.” I tell him quietly. “Maybe you should try it some time.”

Seeing him smirk made my stomach drop, when he smirks normally it means that he’s up to no good, laying down so that his head is next to mine, but his body is away from mine. “Alright.”

Growling in frustration I concentrate back on the sky, the stars still shimmering in contrast to the midnight blue background that they have.

“So you stare up and then what?” He asks slightly annoyed, like he’s been asking me questions; honestly if he has I haven’t heard them.

“Jonghyun, can’t you just try to enjoy the view, take it in and realize how lucky you are?” I ask him softly. “Can’t you just enjoy being human?”

Quietly he shifts his body. “I suppose.” He whispers.

 

As much as Jonghyun annoys me I can’t help but be attracted to him, all on his own he’s a star already, he’s constantly surprising and enjoying what’s around him, so I don’t know why he comes here, we always fight, we can’t ever agree…but secretly I’m glad he keep coming around.

 

“Jiyeon can I ask you something?” Jonghyun asks turning on to his side, supporting his head with this hand. “Something you can’t laugh at.”

Sighing I mimic his pose. “Sure.”

“Promise?”

“I’ll do my best.” I tell him dryly. “What does the oh-so-great Jonghyun need to ask?”

Smirking he sighs. “Girl advice.”

“Shoot.” I tell him losing interest quickly; he always goes on and on talking about his ideal type, why I and don’t have a boyfriend and what not.

“There’s this girl I really like, but she doesn’t seem to realize it.” He starts. “She has her head lost in the stars, whenever I try and talk to her I just feel like I’m irritating her.” Slowly his eyes seem to look distant. “She’s beautiful, and I want to tell her how much I care but…” Leading off he looks me in the eyes.

Sighing I sit up, looking away from him I hold in my anguish, I hadn’t realized I liked him this much, so much that when he seriously talks about another girl it hurts, like my heart is being ripped out and he’s stomping on it without really knowing it. “Go for it, how will she know if you aren’t up front about how you feel?” I ask him standing up, I walk away. “I’d tell her soon and in a special way otherwise someone might beat you to it.”

Walking up to the observatory to get closer to the skies, and shaking the grass off I smile to myself despite how bad I feel, how sad I am, despite it all, putting a few coins into the binoculars I look through them, at the distant buildings, the people walking, the cars driving, the busy city life that we’re all living here in Seoul.

“You ran off.” Jonghyun says panting. “I hate when you do that.”

Fighting the tears I look at him over my shoulder casually. “Keep up then.”

Sighing he walks closer. “You’re lost in the stars too much.”

Nodding my head I look back through the binoculars. “Is that so?”

Hearing him laugh and pull me away I glare at him. “I was looking at stuff!”

“Look at me.” Jonghyun says hurt. “You’re always looking away, walking away, you never focus on my for long.”

“Why would I?” I ask him harshly. “You insult me, and make me feel like crap, whether you realize it or not it hurts Jonghyun.”

Placing both hands on my face he smiles at me, his eyes looking at me sadly. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to, it seems to be the only way to get you attention, you look up at the stars like you’re waiting for a miracle, hoping for something to come true…It drives me crazy.”

“Why should it matter to you what I’m hoping for or waiting for?” I ask him confused.

Leaning closer he sighs, his breath fanning across my face. “Because I want to be the star you’re looking at, hoping for, wishing for, the star that you want.” He says kissing my gently.

Dazed I kiss him back, pulling away he smiles. “Let me be your star.”

Nodding my head I smile at him. “My shooting star.”



 

I thought this was really sweet while I was writing it. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did writing it. But comment and request please :D

 

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!!