Simple Enough

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

“I thought that was simple enough.” I murmur struggling to keep my hands still. I promised Taemin I’d stop smoking, I told him I wouldn’t do it anymore. But god do I feel like I need one. Of course though I can just imagine the face Taemin would make.

Hearing the door open slowly, the one I’d just ran through, and feeling his hand on mine calmed me down. “You ok?” Taemin asks me quietly. We’d just done it, went public. Well technically at least. He just posted it on twitter a picture of us together, him telling the world about him much fun he’s having with me. “Sohee?”

Nodding my head I smile at him. “I just needed to take a deep breath.” I whisper smiling at him. I really and ok, I’m glad we finally got this over with, what I’m not looking forward to is how all of SHINee’s fans will take it, after all I’m dating one-fifth of the band.

“Do you need to smoke?” He asks me carefully, god I love this boy. “I mean I’d understand seeing as what we just did.”

“I think so, but I’ll wait and see if I can fight it off.” I whisper quietly, Taemin really does hate me smoking, I know he does, so I’m trying to stop. “Besides I think you rather me not.” I say smiling coyly at my red-headed boyfriend.

“It’ll be ok.” He promises pulling me close. “Though I think this one time you should have a cigarette, you’re shaking really bad So.”

Biting my lip I smile at him thankfully “They’re in my purse” I murmur. Together we waddle back into SHINee’s dorm, stepping into the apartment I make a dash and grab my purse. Tae and I quickly make our way back to the roof top, as much as I love how much Taemin cares about me, but I really need the nicotine to calm my nerves down.

Sitting against the wall I stumble with picking one out of the box, and again with my lighter, but once I take the first drag I feel better, I slowly stop fidgeting. “Better?”

“Yeah, and I’ll have you know I’m down to less than a box a week.” I tell him proudly. It’d been nearly thee a week, but thanks to Taemin I’m slowly cutting my intake, and I’ll have to even more now that people will be watching my every damn move.

“I’m glad, so do you think you’re up party tonight?” He asks me smiling. “If not I’m sure we could watch a movie or something.”

“I think you’re itchy to take me out.” I giggle before I bring the cigarette to my lips again. “But I’d be up to it, as long as you don’t leave me alone.” I mumble quietly. Before Taemin I was never so needy, I didn’t have to be around my boyfriend all the time, I didn’t need anyone telling me what to do or to take care of me, I’d been on my own for so long that I guess I forgot what it felt like. Carefully pushing my hair out of my face I stamp the smoke out before pulling out a piece of gum from my bag.

“Never” He grins; I swear this guy will be the end of me. “You have that look on your face again.” He mumbles taking my now free hands. “Something on your mind Sohee?”

Biting my lip I rest my head on his shoulder “Just about how much I’ve changed since I met you, since we started hanging out, dating.” I whisper contently. “I haven’t thanked you enough for everything.” I whisper squeezing his hands gently. “You’ve just been so good to me, especially considering everything that you’ve heard about me.”

“Changed?”

Nodding my head I smile at him. “Oh yes, for the better. I don’t smoke nearly as much, and if this keeps up I won’t smoke at all. I’m not so independent, which is a good thing. I’ve been happier since I bumped into you.”

“Well I try.” He says cockily, well in jokingly, getting a text he looks down at, flashing it my way, from Key telling us to get ready for a birthday party (I take it the party Taemin’s taking me to) “Come on you better start getting ready, knowing you, you’ll take forever.” He jokes pulling me up. “Sohee I care about you a lot.”

Smiling at him I peck his cheek. “Likewise my handsome dancer” I whisper leaning into him as we enter the building again, taking the elevator we enter the lobby, seeing paparazzi and fans already camped out in front of the building. Meeting the others they smile at me reassuringly before Taemin tugs me even closer to him as the Key comes to my other side smiling.

“It’ll be ok; just don’t listen to the bad.” Taemin whispers into my ear before we push our way through the group of people with SHINee all around me, and their body guards helping to create a path for us. As we leave the safety of the complex my ears are met my screams, my eyes by flashes. Honestly my mind draws a blank as I’m only aware of us walking through the mass of people to the car waiting. It takes me a moment to realize Taemin is kissing my temple. “I’ll go with you to your apartment and we’ll meet up with the guys.” He says to me in a low voice, simply nodding my head I collapse into his arms in the car.

 

Entering the party I nervously chew on my bottom lip. I never got nervous before, but then again I didn’t run with a crowd quiet as glamorous as Taemin’s peers. Gulping I hold Taemin’s hand a little tighter. “Are you sure I can’t change my mind to the movie night instead?” I whisper to him feeling people’s stare on me.

“I’m pretty positive, but if it helps I think you look beautiful.” He adds cheerfully. “Come on we can go get something to drink.” He says casually. Taemin looks stunning himself in his tux, I’m not sure how I look considering all my tattoos are pretty much being flaunted, I’ve never be more self-conscious of them before.

“Taemin I’m glad you convinced her to come!” A voice booms from behind us, spinning around together I come face to face with Heechul. “We’ve all been dying to meet you.” He says politely. “I’m Heechul.”

Nervously I bow to him. “It’s a pleasure.” I tell him smiling. “Sohee.”

“Hyung happy birthday” Taemin says happily. “It looks like you invited everyone.” He chuckles making light conversation.

“Well I couldn’t leave anyone out could I?” He asks laughing. “Anyways Sohee don’t be too shy, I know a bunch of us are excited to meet you.” He says patting my shoulder lightly. “I have other guests to greet, but we should all talk.” He says happily before waving to someone else.

“See nice.” Taemin gloats leading me to another room, along the way we’re constantly stopped by people wanting to meet us and to congratulate us on being a couple and whatnot. “Hey Kai.”

Now I am comfortable around Jongin, considering that Kai is basically the reason Taemin and I are even together. “It’s been awhile.”

“I’ll say, Oh Sohee looking rather showy.” He teases me. “How’s it going you two?” He asks concernedly quickly following noticing my rather uncomfortable glances around the room.

“We’re doing well; just on our way to get some drinks.” Taemin answers pleasantly. “So?”

Turning back to look at Jongin I smile at him. “Good, just you know first time being around actual famous people.” I joke lightly.

“Yah, what did I tell you about that.” Jongin asks smirking at me. “Taemin your girlfriend is rather cheeky.”

“Just the way she should be.” He says affectionately kissing the top of my head. “How are promotions going?”

“Really great, it’s pretty exciting.” He says grinning. “Anyways it looks like other people are ready to meet you two.” He says glancing around at the other people that keep glancing our way. “Remember change can be good.” He mumbles to me before walking over to D.O.

“Simple enough” I mutter holding Taemin’s arm a little tighter as other people introduce themselves to me, and I to them. This is all simple enough…

 


 

 

FINALLY I broke my writer's block.
BEJESUS. I cannot tell you how happy I am to finally be back
in the swing of things. c:
As you can probably note this is the second (and final) part to Taemin's
last drabble. I'm thinking about doing Key's next but we shall see. 
Anyways I hope you enjoy this one, and I'm really hoping to update again before this coming Thursday.

 

<3
Comment? Request? Subscribe?

[24 Left]