Home Sweet Home

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

Arriving back a day early I look around the airport smiling to myself as I make my way out unnoticed, happily keeping my hood on like the numerous other guys getting off the flight. I really hope she won’t kill me, I hope Taeyeon is home, I miss her. Being away on tour is rough, being away from Taeyeon for nearly a year is killing me, with more tour dates to get to. I’m thankful for this break, and even happier that it’s on my birthday.

Sneaking into our apartment I see Taeyeon dancing around in the kitchen as she hums a song and making her lunch. Dropping my bag silently on the ground I peak my head around the corner to see her cutting up a watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe and a few other melon fruits. Chuckling I bring her out of her daze and back to reality.

“Jonghyun?!” She yells putting the knife down and wiping her hands on her jeans as she runs into my arms; wrapping them around me securely she hugs me fiercely. “What are you doing here?! I thought you’d be a few more months!” She says I can feel her tears on my shirt. “Happy Birthday Love.” She says looking up at me. God having her in my arms is fantastic, being able to smell her sweet strawberry shampoo and feeling her soft hair in my hands is nothing what I thought it’d be like. “Are you hungry?” She asks me kissing my cheek, looking at me the same way she did the moment we met all those years ago.

“Taeyeon I missed you.” I whisper pulling her back into my arms. “I’m so glad to get a break.” I mumble into her hair. “Have you been well?” I ask pulling away to look at my girl. Her hair is long and still the honey brown, in soft curls down to her mid back, her petite frame still the slender women that fits perfectly into my arms. Her voice is angelic and like music composed by angels. Hugging her again Taeyeon giggles happily taking me into her arms.

“This is the happiest I’ve been since you left.” She admits sheepishly, “Do you want to celebrate?” She asks me cocking her head to the side, her hair cascading at the sudden movement, “Or do you want to rest for a little?” She asks probably taking note of how tired I look, but I feel so lively with her near, shrugging my shoulders she leads me to the couch, setting me down she prances off coming back with a bowl of fruit. “Ah.” She commands plucking one into her delicate fingers. Opening my mouth she feeds me fruit until she’s satisfied, setting the bowl aside she takes me to our bedroom. “You always said over the phone you missed the naps we’d take on your days off.” She says gesturing to the bed.

“Taeyeon you know you’re the most magical, stupendous, considerate, fantastic girlfriend ever right?” I ask her grabbing her and setting her on the bed, taking my jacket off, I slump next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist, holding her close to me. “I love you.” I whisper drifting to sleep as she hums softly, a song I wrote for her on our anniversary four years ago.

“Oppa I love you too.” She mumbles falling asleep in my arms. “I love you so much.”

Chuckling I hold her close against me, happy to be home, happy to have Taeyeon in my arms, happy to be here even if it is only for a few days.


A shot drabble for Jonghyun's Birthday ^^ <3 One of my favorite pictures of Jonghyun :D

Just a note, not SNSD's Taeyeon. I promise you I won't ever do a pairing between any of SNSD's members and anyone.

Comment, Request and Subscribe!!