Tangent

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

Smiling I look over at the man holding my waist, leading me through the club, pushing me along to the VIP section. I glance at the tall man glowering at everyone in the way, eventually the word spreads and people make way for him. Feeling his hand graze my side I smile at him as he takes a seat. The thumping music blocked out, the lights flashing across the room.

 

“Where are the drinks?” His voice booms, I glance at Seung Ho him looking around with a rather displeased expression. “Yah you were told weren’t you?” He asks a waiter harshly before he runs out of the room. Turning his gaze to me he smiles coyly. “Yoora come see this.” He says seductively. Walking over to him I smirk taking my seat, glancing in the direction he’s pointing. A group singing and dancing on stage, a rather popular group too if I’m correct, from the crowd they must be.

“What?” I ask him softly in a monotone looking back into his eyes, those deep eyes, dark and soulless.  “Are they someone special?” I ask him tilting my head to look back at them, and for a moment I hold the gaze of one of them. Turning away quickly I kiss Seung Ho before getting up to explore the club.

“Yah, don’t stray too far. I have other business to attend.” He warns me. “And remember Yoora we don’t want a repeat of the last time someone fell in love with you.” Gasping in mock surprise I nod my head, promising to return to his side, like I always do. Like I have to. I definitely do not want to repeat that.

 

Yang Seung Ho he’s infamous for his violence, after all being a gang leader he’d have to be right? Well I wanted to be taken care of. I didn’t want to have to worry about things. Seung Ho offered me this, after he swept me off my feet from Won Bin, he was a prominent gang leader. But Seung Ho he’s ruthless, if he wants something he’ll get it at any costs without consequences. I was stupid to get mixed up with him. I’ve only tried to leave him once, and I learned my lesson.

 

“Look at her dress, it’s hideous.” I hear a girl sneer in my direction, I glance at her smirking, I wave up to Seung Ho, him watching me gives me a wave.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you. Don’t you know that’s Park Yoora?!” Another girl hisses. “She has connections to Seung Ho.” Sighing I turn to look at the two gossiping girls. Glaring at them, this shutting them up.

“One shot.” I tell the bartender carelessly throwing my hand in his direction. The music suddenly starts up again, loud and thumping, looking up I see that Seung Ho’s friends have joined him, something serious must be up they aren’t drinking. Accepting the glass I throw it back, swallowing the burning substance before shaking my head, heading to the dance floor I squeeze my way through to dance in the crowd, hoping that Seung Ho will lose sight of me. Maybe he’ll forget me and then I could run away.

“Yoora.” A voice calls, turning I see one of his men pointing up to the glass room above the dance floor, I see Seung Ho sending me a look, time to go. Frowning I push people out of my way until I make it to the stairs leading to the VIP rooms. Stepping in the hall I see the group of boys that had been performing, I catch the eye of the one again, I send him a smile before Seung Ho opens the door blocking my view.

“We’re leaving a little early.” He says stepping out, wrapping his arm around my waist, following him out are his four closest friends. “Yoora we’re leaving now.” Seung Ho says venomously, getting the message I begin to walk, allowing him to tug me back down the stairs I’d just climbed, all the while feeling the gaze of another on me.

 

“Seung Ho” I call as we sit in the car, him directing the driver to warehouse. “Who was that group?” I ask him in a bored tone, trying to hide my interest. “A lot of people were talking about them.”

Looking at me he nods his head over to Sanghyun. “SHINee.” He answers looking over at me momentarily. “They’re pretty popular Yoora.” He says as though I should know this, like I have the time look up every single group, as if Seung Ho would let me go to those kinds of events.

“I’ll be leaving you with Chansung.” Seung Ho says getting out of the car with Byung Hee, Sanghyun and Cheolyong. I’d seen that look before on Seung Ho’s face and all I know is I don’t want to be near him when he’s in front of whomever that look is intended for. “Take her home.” He says to Chansung.

Once at my ‘home’ I bid Chansung good night as he takes his seat in the living room, my personal guard, after all we wouldn’t want me leaving Seung Ho. Not even attempting.

 

Arriving at the same club as I had when I first saw him Seung Ho allows me to dance before joining him again. On the dance floor I’m confronted by him.

“Yah who do you think you are?” I ask him harshly as I push him behind a column, one of the only blind spots to Seung Ho. “Are you crazy?” I ask him as he smiles at me.

“Key.” He says simply. “And you?” He asks flirtatiously.

Rolling my eyes I feel him taking my hand to kiss it. “Park Yoora, and you’ll be dead soon Key.” I warn him pulling my hand away stepping back into sight. “Don’t you know it’s dangerous to flirt with someone like me?” I ask him glaring at him to keep his distance.

He simply smiles at me. “Is it because of that gangster you’re always with?” He asks me nonchalantly. “The one that’s always holding you close?”

Nodding my head I stare at him. “He has eyes everywhere.” I tell him stepping away to head to the VIP room, glancing back I see Key nod at me.

 

Each time I met Key he became bolder, and I found myself losing interest in Seung Ho and becoming more than ready to leave his side to find my freedom, the one I’d traded for nothing and now was finding it to be a steep price to get it back one I couldn’t afford.

 

Key takes my hand leading me to dance; I glance at him full of worry. “Are you insane?!” I ask him ripping my hand away to dance away from him, I’d hate for Seung Ho to find out I’ve began to fancy someone new, someone not him. “Seung Ho could just as quickly have you killed or me!” I hiss at him as I twirl away from him to look around me. Key shrugs his shoulders as though he’s untouchable, as if his idol status is enough to protect him. “Yah, just because you’re famous doesn’t mean Seung Ho can’t reach you.” I chide him stepping further away.

Key just smiles at me as the music beats even louder. “Then is that why you’re still with him?” He asks nodding towards a booth, following him I take a seat, glancing at Sanghyun in a dismissive way to make him leave me alone. “It looks like you’re ready to leave him.”

Sighing I purse my lips, give him a glazed look. “Seung Ho’s made it quite impossible for me to choose to leave. He’s made it clear that he’s quite happy with me at his side. So there I stay.” I warn him. “Key, I’ve tried to leave him once before, and all that happened was the man that tried to take me away disappeared.” I tell him in a prudent tone. “I’m not keen on that happening to you.” I whisper standing up leaving him I look back once to smile sadly before I head to the VIP room.

“Make a new friend?” Seung Ho asks as I enter the room, taking my seat on his lap I shake my head. “It looked like it.”

“A dance and a little talking.” I tell him jaded. “Isn’t there someplace else we could come to?” I ask him look down, catching Key’s gaze before I purse my lips in irritation, is he trying to get caught? Does he want to face Seung Ho’s wrath?! “This place isn’t that great.”

Seung Ho’s hands rub my sides affectionately. “I’m sure we can find somewhere else that will hold your attention my love.” He whispers in my ear. Standing up he leads me out of the club, with him leaving I feel a slight pang towards Key. As much as I would love to be with him, I don’t think I’m willing to allow Seung Ho to find out about our possible romance. I’d rather stay at the cruel man’s side than have Key face him.

“You look distracted.” Sanghyun says watching me carefully as I stride through some restaurant, still uncaring about my surroundings. “Could it be that guy?” He teases me.

Glaring at him I quicken my pace to take hold of Seung Ho’s hand, earning envious glimpses from the people we pass. “Perhaps a dinner?” Seung Ho asks me looking down at me in a way that he always has. I’m his and he knows it. I can’t escape his grasp unless he relinquishes me, and that’s not likely to happen, after all I made it so I’d be all he’d ever want. I became just that, unknowingly becoming tangent to Key.

“Yah, why are you avoiding my question?” Sanghyun asks huffed up, obviously the guy doesn’t know when to quit it. “Yoora!”

Glaring at him I shake my head. “I’m happy with Seung Ho. So quit asking me useless questions.” I snap at him. I feel the pang in my heart knowing I lied, and so blatantly. “Can we just sit down and eat?” I ask Seung Ho feeling my heart weighing.

“Deh, stop pestering Yoora.” Seung Ho commands looking back at his friends. “Oh, your friend is here.” He says rather surprised. “I thought you said it was nothing.” His grip tightens on me. “It is nothing right?”

Glancing I see Key, him watching me carefully. “I’ll take care of it.” I whisper smiling up at him, kissing his cheek I’m released from his grasp. “I’ll be only a moment.” I tell him walking over to Key, knowing Seung Ho’s gaze is fixed on me I glare at Key.

“Yoora don’t you want to be happy?” He asks me curiously. “You look miserable by his side.”

Pursing my lips I smile at Key sadly. “But you’re alive and out of Seung Ho’s wrath.” I whisper to him “I rather you not suffer through whatever it is Seung Ho would do to you. I’m happy that way. With me at his side at least I know you’re safe.” I continue sadly. “Kibum just forget alright?” I tell him walking away. I smile at Seung Ho waiting for me, standing up he offers me a chair. “There.” I tell him grasping his hand resting on my shoulder.

“Well I’m glad it’s taken care of.” He says in his husky voice. “I ordered for you.”

Nodding my head I take one last glance at Key, him walking away and out of the door, with that I fix my gaze back on Seung Ho, trying to remember why I ever decided to get tangled up in this mess, quickly remembering Seung Ho has given me an entire world, the world that bends to his will for safety to avoid his rage. So I bent to protect Key.



 

A request for RiCa1826, I hope this is good ^^ I'm sort of happy with this.

I know this isn't exactly a happy ending, and I focus more on the thoughts and whatnot, but I actually like how this started. I was tempted to use this for fanfiction for MBLAQ instead, but I doubt I'd even be able to write an ending for a fanfiction like this. I'm not really good at action scenes, and this is actually out of my comfort zone purely because I find it a little on the unrealistic side, and I think that most of what I write could actually happen so this is sort of a surprise for me. I tend to stray away from gangster/mafia/action writing because I'm never satisfied with what I write. I don't mind reading it, but to me SHINee and gangsters don't really mix, and I only touched on Key and Yoora's relationship.....

Anyways I hope you like it. ><

Comment, Request and Subscribe!!