Falling In and Out of Love

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

Holding Jonghyun’s hand I smile at him encouragingly as Minho stares him down. I really can’t blame him, for hating him, for hating me.

“Minho-sshi please let us pass.” I whisper looking up at him feeling guilty for how I left things for how I let everything fall apart.

 

“Minho-oppa let’s go to the café!” I giggle holding his hand happily. “Oppa!” I whine trying to pull him along while he just chuckles amusedly as I drag him alone with me.

“Minhee careful!” Minho says pulling me back from a puddle.

Glancing back at him I smile happily. “Oppa the puddle wouldn’t hurt me.”

Shaking his head he pulls me into his arms. “Yah let me worry about you.” He chuckles.

Nodding my head I continue to pull Minho by the hand. “Oppa, when will you introduce me to your friends?” I ask him curiously.

Laughing he squeezes my hand. “Soon, I don’t want to share you, I don’t want to risk you falling for one of them.” He teases.

 

Shaking the memory away I Smile as Minho stands aside. “Thank-you Minho-sshi.”

Jonghyun and Minho do that manly head nod, both glaring at each other, Stepping outside of the café we bump into Taemin and Key, both glowering at us.

“Sorry.” I mutter bowing to the pair.

“Tch.” Key says passing by us, Taemin simply keeping his head turned away from me.

Jonghyun smiles as me softly. “You can’t let them get to you, it’s my fault.” Jonghyun says sighing.

“Aniyo…” I whisper smiling back. “Come on let’s hurry and meet Onew.”

Laughing Jonghyun leads me down the streets of Seoul and to the bookstore where Onew is waiting.

 

“Minhee this is Jonghyun, Key and Taemin. My best friends.” Minho says smiling. “Guys this is Minhee, my girlfriend.”

Blushing I bow to them all. “It’s nice to meet you all.”

“Yah, Minho I didn’t know you had such a lovely girlfriend!” Key says grinning at me friendly. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Deh Key-sshi.” I smile at him nervously. “Minho-oppa talks very highly of you.”

Laughing Key shakes his head. “Just call me Key, no need to be so formal.”

“Noona it’s nice to meet you, Minho-Hyung talks about you all the time.” Taemin says laughing.

Smiling I turn to Jonghyun, him staring at me approvingly. “It’s nice to see that Minho found such a nice girl.”

Nodding I smile at him.

 

~~

 

“Jonghyun offered to take you.” Minho says over the phone. “I’m sorry I can’t be there for you right now.”

“Ani, Oppa you’ve done so much already.”I say seriously. “Will you ask Jonghyun-sshi to pick me up around four then?” I ask checking the time, only half an hour longer.

“Deh, I’ll see you in a few weeks.” Minho says sighing happily. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too Oppa, bye, stay safe!”

Hearing his happy laugh brought the nerves down. “Bye Minhee, you too.”

 

At exactly four Jonghyun walks in smiling at me, friendly as always nodding hellos to everyone and waving. “Minhee are you ready?” He calls out to me happily.

“Deh.” I say turning to face him, a slight blush creeping on my face, his smile making me nervous, sending butterflies to my stomach.

That wasn’t the last time I’d feel those butterflies, nor was it the first time Jonghyun smiled at me like that. Minho had been gone on a trip for a family reunion, and I’d needed someone to pick me up after work, according to Minho at least.

 

Jonghyun and I were walking, our arms touching every now and then, causing us to take a couple steps away from each other. “Do you miss him?”

“Of course I do.” I whisper quietly looking around us. “Why do you ask?”

“I just am.” Jonghyun chuckles. “Do you want to meet my friend Onew?”

Raising my eyebrows in interest I smile at Jonghyun. “Is he like you?”

“Aniyo, Onew-Hyung is…well let’s just say he’ll make you smile.”

“I’d love to meet him then.” I say innocently.

I hadn’t known that going to meet Onew would require Jonghyun to save me, nor would I have thought it’d be by him kissing me to shoo off some stranger who wouldn’t leave me alone.

“I’m sorry.” Jonghyun breaths, his mouth still close to mine.

Looking into his warm brown eyes I smile at him kissing him again, I’m not sure what came over me but Jonghyun didn’t protest and I found myself forgetting Minho completely.

Pulling away I widen my eyes in shock. “Omo…I have to go.” I say trying to pull away.

“Ani!” Jonghyun says holding my waist. “I can’t let you go…”

 

“Hello Oppa!” I giggle watching Onew walk towards us in a rather cheerful mood. “What’s gotten you so happy?”

“Ah, considerate Minhee.” Onew says, at the word I frown slightly, considerate…Me being considerate would have been me walking away from Jonghyun instead of staying with him to leave Minho. “I’ve finally found the book I’ve been looking for.”

Nodding my head I look up at Jonghyun curiously. “He’s been trying to find this book a girl signed for him, that he accidently lost, it’s taken him almost a year to actually track it down.”

“Deh, isn’t it great?!” Onew asks beaming happiness. “Ah…”

Shaking our heads I smile at him. “You’re strange oppa, what’s the book about?”

Onew explains that the book is about a group of people that fall in love and fight to stay together.

 

“Was I not enough? Did I do something wrong?!” Minho asks me confused as I break up with him. “I just got back!”

“I know, but…” I whisper ready to cry, I hate to do this, I hate it I really do but… “Minho-sshi it’s just I’ve met someone else.”

Minho’s graze bores into my soul, the twisted agony plain on his face cutting my heart. “Who?”

Frowning I look into his eyes. “Jonghyun-oppa.” I answer him quietly. “Minho-sshi, I’ll be leaving first.” Turning to leave I see Jonghyun rounding the corner, smiling at me he quickly frowns as Minho rushes past me and punches Jonghyun in the face.

“Did I not make it clear how much Minhee means to me?!” Minho yells angry. “Did you have to take her away?!” He yells punching Jonghyun-oppa over and over.

“Minho-sshi!” I yell trying to pull him off. “Leave him alone!”

Turning to look at me, the look of complete despair and betrayal he gets up. “You’ve chosen then...” Minho looks down at Jonghyun on the ground. “I swear to god if you break her heart I’ll come after you.”

Jonghyun stands up shakily. “Minhee let’s go.” He whispers holding his out to me.

 

“Minhee are you alright?” Jonghyun asks concernedly. “Minhee?”

“Ah, sorry Jonghyun-oppa I was just thinking.” I tell him smiling.

Hearing this Jonghyun smiles at me, seeing that smile directed at me warms my heart, and reminds me why I’m here. Why I’m falling so in love with Jonghyun-oppa.



 

I hope you enjoy this Ashbleeebaby :)

Comment, Subscribe, Request!!!