Reasons to Smile; Hands

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

“You know you’re too cute, right?” Jonghyun teases me while taking my hand, I smile happily, I like holding his hand, when he does I just feel special. “Dayoungie what’s with your special smile?” He asks grinning at me.

“It’s yours.” I tell him simply, looking up at him I feel the thumping of my heart. “I love you.” I tell him suddenly, everything seems quite as the statement just comes out.

Jonghyun stops in his tracks, turning back to look at me his blank face grows into a grin. “I love you too.” It’s the first time we’ve said it. “I’m jealous; I wanted to say it first.” He pouts cutely.

“It just felt right silly.” I tell him pecking his cheek. “Come on we’re supposed to me everyone and we’re late already.” I say pulling in front of Jonghyun to lead him through the building. Stopping suddenly I turn around and look at his hands.

In our relationship Jonghyun has always been the vocal one about his feelings, what he likes about me and how much he likes spending time with me. He’s always been happy with me even if I’m too timid to say how much I care about him.

“Are you alright Dayoungie?” Jonghyun asks tugging me closer to him, he’s taken care not to hold me too much as I clam up and become difficult to talk with. Letting his hand go I look up at him. “What’s the matter?” He asks worriedly.

Stepping closer I grip his shirt tightly. “I love you.” I mumble feeling my chest tighten and the beat of my heart increase. “I like when you hold me, when you take my hand in yours, kiss me, tell me how much you like me, but I’m jealous that you can.” I mumble blushing, looking up I kiss his lips, I rarely initiate, and never when someone could just walk by and see us.

When I pull away I smile at Jonghyun, the smile on his face as he engulfs me in his arms and holds me close against his chest, I feel like I’ve finally showed Jonghyun just how much I do care about him and how much I always will. “I like holding you and your hand, but right now I like this side of you, but you can’t ever show anyone else.” He whispers in my ear. Pulling away he kisses the top of my head. “Dayoung I know how you feel, I can see it even if you think you’re not doing much. That’s not true; you rarely smile like this around anyone, when you hold my hand tighter; Dayoungie you do a lot even if you’re not aware of it.”

I smile blinking my eyes, tugging my arms free of Jonghyun’s grasp I wipe away my tears, I’m not sure where they came from, but maybe it’s from how happy I am. Jonghyun chuckles pushing my hands away, wiping my tears away for me, kissing my cheek he takes my hand again, leading us to the party we’re late for. As we open the door I see the people I care about most, my closest friends.

 

Talking with Yesung with Jonghyun of course hugging me tightly, I chuckle at a joke he’s told, Jonghyun is mean while holding a conversation with Amber. “You two seem even closer if that’s possible.” Yesung comments suddenly, blushing I nod my head. “I’m glad, Jonghyun is attached to you.”

“Quite literally” I joke instinctively leaning into Jonghyun. “But, I’m just the same. I’m attached to Jonghyun.”

“Sounds like he’s rubbed off on you a bit, I’m happy for you two.” He says smacking Jonghyun’s arm, surprised he lets go of me and glares at Yesung, who has pulled me into a hug. “You’re corrupting her.” He says jokingly.

Laughing I give Yesung a quick hug before Jonghyun’s jealousy takes over, pulling me free he holds me protectively, much to everyone’s amusement. “Mine.”

Blushing I hold Jonghyun’s arms happily. “You get too jealous.” I tell the man holding me while sighing, but I stay in his arms relaxed and happy to have him in my life.

“It’s because you’re too cute.” He whines; I can imagine the pout on his face, the cute puppy dog look. Letting go he takes my hand and I naturally hold his back, leaning into his arm I smile blissfully. “You’re doing it right now, you’re too cute.”

“I can’t help it,” I tell him looking up at him. “I’m just happy.”

 


 

 

I've been too lazy lately. > n >
And probably a bit preoccupied with catching up on
One Piece. - u -
BUT~!
I'm writing again. 
(I caught up on One Piece ; n ; so now I'm waiting)

ANYWAYS...
I hope you guys liked this one. ^^

 

 

[12 left]
[9 planned]
[3 available]

Onew Jonghyun | Key [1] | Minho [1] | Taemin [1]