Holding Hands

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

Sitting in a little booth out looking the street, watching, silent, hurt, scared, and confused by what just happened; the man that made her feel vulnerable again, to feel that beating in her chest again, the aching from want, her heart begging her to let him near, to let him in.

 

Kibum watched the girl torn, her face twisted into desperation. He thought he could help Yunhee, show her that he cares, but the look on her face when she bolted out of the apartment said otherwise. Taking tentative steps towards her, careful to approach her, Kibum slides in wary of her eyes. Earlier he’d seen the wild look, the scared look she’d conveyed in a simple glance, her eyes wide with fear, the look all together hurting him from the lack of trust, and yet he felt compelled to chase after her.

 

“Oppa?” I mutter as Kibum slides in. “I’m sorry.”

Taking my hand he squeezes it lightly before my hand calmingly. “You shouldn’t be, I’m the one that scared you.” He says quietly, scared, hurt.

“Aniyo.” I say gripping his hand. “You’ve been nothing but nice, I’ve kept up the walls.” Listening to me Kibum scoots closer. “I’m terrified.”

“I’m not going to hurt you.” Those words echo inside my head, said to me twice before, and both cases a lie.

Chuckling bitterly I glare out the window. “That’s what the two before you said…but it’s like once you’ve been hurt you’re so scared it’ll happen again and that everyone will break your heart.”

“I won’t…I need you…Yunhee…I…Yunhee, when you’re with me things stop mattering, I start to see only you. When you’re gone nothing makes sense, it’s all in a jumble.  Like I’m going through withdrawal, you’re so amazing and it pains me to see that you don’t see it. Yunhee I need you because I love you.” Kibum says. “Without you it’s like nothing really matters because all that does matter is you and that you’re happy. You’re intelligent, beautiful, clever, witty, cute, funny and so much more…you’re a little broken, but I am too.”

Staring at Kibum I nod my head blinking tears away, wishing that I knew what to say, but instead I look down at our hands holding each other, the only things that matter right now are Kibum and I and how we feel about each other. Kissing his hand I look over at him smiling slightly, the fear melting, my heart still pounding for him, the deafening sound of bliss swirling around as Kibum and I sit together in this little booth holding hands.



 

For RiCa1826 I hope you like it, even though it's a little short :)

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!