More Than Best Friends

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

“I can’t believe it” I hear Taemin say smiling, running over to me he wraps his arms around me tightly. “Chiyun, you’re back!”

Laughing I drop my bag to the ground hugging Taemin back. “I missed you too Taeminnie!” I giggle.

“Taemin who is this?” His friends ask, them all peering at me full of interest.

Taemin settles for slinging his arm around my waist bringing me closer to him, “This is Song Chiyun, my best friend while I was growing up.” He says introducing me. “Well up until she went to Australia for school.”

Smiling at them I bow “It’s nice to meet you all.” I say politely.

Taemin grins at me “Chiyun this is Key, Minho, Onew and Jonghyun.” He says gesturing to each of the four people in front of me. “They are the other members in SHINee.”

“It really is nice to meet you guys. Sorry for interrupting practice.” I tell them bowing again.

Onew grins at me. “Nonsense a friend of Taemin’s turns up, a very big surprise indeed.” He says waving it off. “Chiyun how long have you been away?” He asks me while offering me a seat.

“Seven years, my parents moved me to a school there so that I could further my skills in music.” I tell them shrugging my shoulders. “Honestly though I’m glad to be back home.”

“Oh do you sing?” Key asks me curiously “Or do you play an instrument?”

“I play the piano and violin.” I tell them smiling. “Honestly though it isn’t really that special.”

Taemin lets out a scoff, the five of us turn to look at him. “Don’t let her fool you. She’s a prodigy in both. A complete natural since she started playing when she was five.” Taemin says rolling his eyes.

“A prodigy?” Minho asks blinking in surprise. “That’s amazing.”

Again I shrug my shoulders “I still don’t see all the fuss over me playing.” I tell them as Taemin rests his head on my shoulder. This is surprising, he’s never been so affectionate, but I guess it’s with us never seeing each other. “I’m more interested in modern music than classical.” I tell them smiling.

“You parents can’t be too happy.” Taemin murmurs contently. “I remember all your lessons.”

Rolling my eyes I scrunch my nose up at the thought of all the lost time with my best friend. “I know. It , I wished I could have played longer.”

“I suppose though it worked out. You taught me to play.” Taemin reminisces.

Jonghyun blinks “You taught Taemin?”

“For a little, after that my parents sent me to school.” I explain.

Onew gets up and nods us to follow. “Can we hear you play?”

“Yeah!” Taemin says excitedly. “It’s been so long.”

Giggling I get up, Taemin quickly pulls me up to follow Onew, taking us to a grand piano, a beauty, just magnificent. Taking a seat I remember all the exercises I’d had to take to play on the one back in Australia, how tedious it all had been. Taking a deep breath I let my fingers glide on the keys playing a song from memory, one I’d heard playing on my way from the airport. One of their songs, ‘Kiss Kiss Kiss’

As I finish they all stare at me “When did you lean that?” Key asks clapping for me as I get up. “I’ve never heard it sound so beautiful or perfect.”

Laughing I shrug my shoulders “I heard it a couple times on the radio before I came here.” I tell them smiling. “I really like it, although I could use some practice on it. Trust me Key it is far from perfect.”

 

I spent a lot of time with Taemin and the others, mainly catching up and spending as much time with Taemin as we both could manage.

 

“So what exactly does a one with your talent do?” Minho asks me while we wait for everyone else to catch up. “I mean I know you’re here for school, mostly music.”

“Honestly I’m sort of trying to figure that bit out too. I really can’t see me playing classical music for the rest of my life. I think I might die. Besides I’m up for an internship at another school.” I tell him smiling, jumping when I feel arms snake around me from behind. So not Minho, my next guess would have to be Taemin. “Taemin?”

“Hmm?” he asks innocently, “Chiyun?”

Chuckling I place my arms over his as he snuggles his face into my neck. “My, aren’t I lucky.” I comment as Minho waves goodbye, obviously not a fan of watching two friends. “So what’s gotten into you?”

“What do you mean? I’m happy to see you.” He asks pleasantly.

Scoffing I pull out of his grip to face him. “When we were kids and had been best friends for three years you didn’t hug me. I didn’t get a hug from you until we were nine.” I tell him smirking. “Now though it’s like you’re making up for lost time.”

“Maybe I am. I just like being around you.” Taemin says shrugging his shoulders, smiling at me. “Besides you were always trying to hug me.” Rolling my eyes I open my arms for him. Taemin happily hugs me, picking me up he twirls me around before setting me back down on the ground. “I did miss you. I missed you a lot.”

Smiling I hug him tighter “I missed you too.” I whisper happily, though I was still curious as to why Taemin was getting so skinship-y.

 

“Personally I think he likes you.” Onew says while Minho is distracting Taemin over at the studio. “I think that’s why Taemin is so attached to you.”

Rolling my eyes I shake my head. “Taemin does not like me. You and I have both heard him say that I’m just his best friend.”

“Yeah, I’m one of Taemin’s best friends and he doesn’t hug me.” Onew says pouting. “I think he just won’t admit it until you do.”

Blushing I look down at my lap. “Jeez, do you miss anything?” I ask him trying to fight my blush off.

Finally looking up I see Onew smiling at me goofily. “Sometimes I chose not to see things. But Chiyun, you and Taemin are perfect together. You’re the music, he’s the dance. You’re both just pure passion.”

“Tch” Turning around we see Key, him shaking his head. “Chiyun and Taemin are more than passion. They were a pair made for each other.” He says taking a seat next to Onew. “Besides I think what you two need is someone to just hint how good you are together.”

“I think you’re wrong.” I tell them getting up. “Taemin isn’t interested in anything other than friendship.”  Leaving I take a deep breath trying to remember how it feels to finally get to be around Taemin, my best friend.

“You know Taemin and you can be more than best friends.” Jonghyun says appearing in the hallway.

Sighing I smile at him. “The three of you are never far behind the other.” I comment before saying goodbye.

 

More than best friends, huh? That’s an interesting thought. One that I really shouldn’t entertain. Especially since I really don’t see Taemin going for anything like that, but then again Taemin has surprised me these last few months.

 

Reading the letter through again I smile happily. “Fantastic.” I murmur. Tucking the letter under my arm as I head to the door, grabbing my purse I stuff the letter in. “Just in time, the boys will be in Japan, and I’ll be in Europe.”

As Key opens the door for me he smiles. “What’s got you in such a wonderful mood?” He asks me as I grin.

“Oh you know some rather great news.” I tell him shrugging my shoulders. “Is everyone here?”

Nodding his head Key and I walk into the living room where everyone is gathered. Entering Key eyes me once over before saying “Chiyun has some good news.”

“Oh?” Taemin asks watching me gleefully. “What is it?”

Taking a deep breath I smile at them. “You are looking at the new solo pianist for the Palais Garnier!” I tell them smiling even wider.

Blinking they stare at me stunned. “Where is that?”

Rolling my eyes I stare at Jonghyun. “Paris, France silly.” I tell him smiling. “They’ve just sent me the invitation to be their new pianist.”

“For how long?” Taemin asks me shocked, staring at me. The boys congratulate me leaving Taemin alone with me.

Taking a seat I stare at him shrugging my shoulders. “Indefinitely, or until I decide to leave at least.” I say still smiling. “Why? Is something wrong Taemin?”

Taking my hand he stares at me, looking me in the eyes. “I’m happy for you, I really am.”

“But?” I ask him sensing the tone, picking up on the tension in the air.

Gulping he sighs. “You haven’t been back for long and you’re already leaving. I haven’t been able to tell you.”

Waiting I stare at the red headed boy, how nervous he is and I realize what I’d been really invited over for. “Tell me what?”

“To tell you how much I missed you, and now I guess how much I don’t want you to go. That I want for you to stay here…with me.”

Blinking I retract my hand. “What exactly are you saying?” I have to be sure, if this is just for me to be his best friend it’ll break my heart and I’ll have to go.

Sighing he smiles at me. “We’re best friends; we’ve been best friends for what seems like ever. I didn’t realize when you left when we were kids how much I’d ache for you to be back at my side. Chiyun I hate saying it, I really do. But,”

Standing up I shake his hand from my “Then don’t.” I whisper leaving, hearing enough. Best friends, best friends.

“Wait! You have to let me finish.” He says taking my hand again. “I’m tired of just being your best friend. I’m tired of looking at you, I want to hug you and hold you like we’re more than best friends.” Taking another deep breath he holds my hand tighter. “I hate to say it, I’d hate to ask you but, Chiyun stay, please don’t go. I couldn’t bear to see you get on that plane and never come back.”

Turning around to face him I smile. “It wouldn’t be forever.” I whisper kissing him on the lips gently. “Honestly after your little speech I doubt I could even get on that plane now.”



 

A request for Cherishes I hope you enjoy it ^^

Comment, Request and Subscribe!!