Right Time

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

Giggling I hold Sehun’s hand happily; we’re sitting in EXO’s training room while watching Jongin and Taemin practice for an upcoming concert. “Shouldn’t you be practicing too?” I ask Sehun curiously as the pair slows to take a break.

“Yeah, but as you saw when you came in, they started competing against each other again.” Sehun says while shaking his head. “I’ll start practice when they aren’t going all out on each other.” He says pouting.

I couldn’t help but to peck his cheek. “So does that mean our lunch date is cancelled?”  I ask mimicking his pout.

“Nope” He says getting up and pulling me to follow. “We can go now.” He says stretching his arms as I pick my purse up. “We’ll have to go to the cafeteria again.” He adds with a slight frown.

“It’s fine.” I tell him as I pull the strap over my head. “You’ll just have to make it up to me later.” I say cheekily. Sehun shakes his head at my playfulness, grabbing my hand Sehun wave to Jongin and Taemin as we leave. As I look back I see Taemin watching my carefully and then quickly waving to us as Jongin elbows him.

Quietly I follow behind Sehun. “Is Taemin always like that?” I ask suddenly, I rarely see Taemin, but whenever I do he’s either challenging Jongin or keeping himself busy with something.

Sehun tilts his head as he thinks about my question before shrugging his shoulders. “Honestly I haven’t really noticed anything weird about it. Or whatever you’re trying to get at.” He says nudging me playfully; smiling at me I blush and look away shyly. “Elle you’re being cute again.” He teases me, purposely making me blush even more.

“Oppa that’s not nice.” I whine trying to hide my face from him. “You should be nicer to me.” I say finally working the nerve up to look at him, Sehun of course is focusing his attention on me.

“But you’re so cute and shy, I like that.” He says grinning cheekily.

 

~~~

 

“You can’t keep staring at her like that.” Kai mutters while wiping his face off with a towel. “Sehun will notice eventually.”

I nod my head agreeing with him completely. It’s wrong, but I like Elle. “I can’t help it, she’s just so magnetic.” I mumble sighing as I stare where she’d been sitting with Sehun.

Feeling my friend pat my shoulder I look at him. “It probably isn’t good for you to keep putting yourself in the same room as them.” Kai frowns as I shake my head. “Taemin, you’re my friend and so is Sehun; and we both know how happy they are together. Friends wouldn’t get in the way of that, right?” Kai asks while staring at me.

“I know, I know.” I mutter feeling depressed, it is very wrong for me to like Elle. She and Sehun have been dating for a couple months now and even before that Sehun was telling us about this girl, which of course would end up being Elle.

“Elle is coming to the party tonight” Kai says studying me carefully. “Sehun wanted to be sure it was alright and Jonghyun said that it’d be fine.”

“Why wouldn’t it be?” I ask him indifferently. “I can be in the same room and avoid her, besides I’ve never even talked to her.” I point out.

“Yeah, but this will be different, this will be a very social situation where things can easily change.” Kai says sighing. “Look, I just want you to know so you aren’t surprised or anything.”

“I wouldn’t have been.” I counter lamely, even though we both know I probably would be and that I’ll probably do something stupid tonight.

 

 

I wasn’t expecting Elle to look so perfect, not in a dress and chatting happily with Jonghyun and Suho about god knows what. “See this is why it is a bad idea.” Kai mutters nudging me so she’s out of sight. “Sehun asked if I thought you acted funny around Elle.”

“So? It’s not like it’s weird for me to dance and act like I’m busy.” I counter while shrugging my shoulders. “Did you say you thought so?” I ask him curiously.

“No, I said I didn’t notice anything. Sehun only asked because Elle thought it was strange.” Kai says bluntly. “Elle said she’d thought you’d been acting weird whenever she was around but wasn’t sure.”

“I don’t.” I answer furrowing my brow, but Kai rolls his eyes. “I do?”

Kai lets out a long sigh, so I guess I do act different around her. “You stare at her, you stop talking, and suddenly you have no interest in anything that you were doing before. So yes you do act weird around her.” Kai says hitting my arm gently. “You’re going to have to get over her.” He says as D.O calls him over, Kai gives me a final look before walking away.

Things were going great; I was enjoying the party, avoiding Elle and Sehun. Things were going great. “So I hear that you’re not normally so passive.” Elle says out of nowhere and watching me carefully.

Being closer than I’ve ever been to her before I feel my heart race, I can also tell much easier that her eyes are a warm coffee brown, she does have a floral scent, and that she is definitely magnetic. “Yeah, just off?” I try awkwardly.

Elle frowns at this; obviously it was a bad excuse. “For four months?” She asks with a light laugh in her voice, I’m fighting from blurting out anything that would cause trouble but this girl is just so captivating. “It’s nice to finally talk to you.” She says pushing for more.

I nod my head agreeing. “So you and Sehun” I say nodding my head like I want to talk about her and Sehun dating. I feel that same jealous spark snap through my body as she blushes with a smile at his name.

“Are you alright? You look like you’re going to be sick.” Elle says touching my shoulder lightly and I feel like I’ve totally lost touch with my sanity, this girl here I like. This girl, Elle, is dating my good friend, and yet I still rather risk it all to be with her.

“I like you.” I blurt out, Elle looks at me completely shocked, drawing her hand back to her side she looks away as though she couldn’t hear me; I follow her sight as see her staring at Sehun across the room. “I like you.” I say again a bit louder. Elle looks at me confused and like I was crazy.

“I have to go.” She mumbles dashing away from me and straight to Sehun, taking his hand and leaning on him.

Letting out a huff I cover my face, that was incredibly stupid, and I bet Kai will come here and say I’ve totally lost it. “What happened?” I hear said friend say as I rest against a wall. “You look like a mess, have you had a lot to drink?”

“No, but I feel like I should have.” I mutter looking at him feeling a stabbing pain, she obviously chose Sehun over me. “I may have said something very stupid.” I mumble nervously as Kai looks at me confusedly before he glances over his shoulder at Sehun and Elle, she’s latched herself onto him.

“Tell me you didn’t say anything to Elle.” He says begging, though I’m sure he already figured out that I did. “What did you say to her?” He asks while folding his arms over his chest.

“I may have confessed.” I mutter blowing air out. “And I got a very solid answer.” I mutter watching Elle and Sehun talk, she’s laughing at something he’s said and he’s leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

“You confessed, at a party, with Sehun still here, and somewhere that you could have easily been heard by other people?” Kai asks rubbing his temples, he sends me an annoyed look. “Have you totally lost your mind? What if she tells Sehun? What if someone heard and tells Sehun?” He badgers me frowning.

“It was sort of an accident and a moment of extreme jealousy.” I say running a hand through my hair. “It wasn’t like I planned on saying anything to her, but she came over and started talking.”

“So you thought a great first impression would be to confess to your friend’s girlfriend?” Kai snaps at me. I simply shrug my shoulders in response. “I’m gonna head back to the dorm.” I tell him patting his shoulder as I pass him.

 

~~~

 

It’s been a couple of weeks since the party and Elle hasn’t been around lately, and it isn’t exactly difficult to guess why. “So where’s Elle?” Jonghyun asks pouting at Sehun. “She was really funny.”

“She’s been busy with her art classes; she’s working on this major project for her portfolio.” He answers easily. Sehun though looks upset as Jonghyun pouts at this. “Hyung she’s my girlfriend.”

“She’s been making excuses on why she can’t come or see him.” Kai mutters from his spot next to me. “I wonder why.”

“Shut up.” I mutter back glaring. “I know I shouldn’t have said anything.” Getting up I stretch my arms and leave the room discreetly, I decide on a walk to clear my head. Part of me is happy that she’s not only avoiding me, but Sehun as well, but then another part of me feels guilty because I’m the reason she’s been avoiding Sehun. I end up sitting in the park on a bench far away from anyone, streets, anything.

“I like this spot too.” I hear a voice say suddenly, turning around I’m surprised by who I see. “It wasn’t fair how you sprung that on me you know.” Elle says frowning. “I almost prefer the passive Taemin.”

I stare at her a moment before I get up and face her. “I’m not usually greedy like this.” I tell him frowning at how this is. “It’s strange to me; I want you to be with me.”

“Even if it hurts you friend? Sehun thinks a lot of you, but I’m sure you already know that.” I nod my head, because I know Sehun and that I also know that everything about this is really wrong. “Even so you still like me?”

“It isn’t so much a choice.” I answer calmly. “You’re hypnotic; everything about you just draws me even closer.” I tell her feeling my heart pick up as she steps closer to me; she inspects me for a moment and her lips. “What?”

“It wouldn’t be fair to Sehun, it wouldn’t be right.” She whispers frowning. “And yet…”

I nod my head taking her hand slowly. “Not now.” I whisper nodding my head.

“It’d be too soon, and I don’t want to hurt Sehun, not like this. So you’re right, not now.” Elle agrees pulling her hand from mine and walking away from the secluded bit of the park.

 

I didn’t hear from Elle again for a while, but Sehun and she broke up soon after our talk in the park, she was keeping her distance and waiting. So I would wait too, I'd wait for the right time.


 

This is for Elle_Ecstasy
This one sort of really just came together in my head, though I thought that
this kind of ending would be better suited for the story. ^^

So, I may be getting a tad bit hooked on a couple of the EXO members.
> n >