The Bargain

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

Sitting in the stands staring up at the guy that’s promised to give me the world and then some I smile up at him. “Ready?!” He calls into the microphone, I can hear the smirk in his voice, the boy is smug, but then again it’s something I find so very attractive about him.

Giving him a thumbs up I listen to Jonghyun sing to me, “Dam this boy.” I whisper to myself as he sings to me, taking a seat he hops off the stage and starts to walk towards me, blushing I stand up and make a run down the rows of seats trying to get away before he completely blows me away. “DON’T YOU DARE!” I yell as I run away from him.

Jonghyun still singing runs after me, finishing his song he catches me, setting the microphone down gently he wraps his arms around me.

“Why were you running?” He questions me whispering in my ear.

Biting my lip I inwardly groan, he’s never going to let it go, “Let go of me.” I whine trying to get out of his tight grip. Normally I love it, Jonghyun has always been one for skinship as everyone well knows, but when Jonghyun decides something, normally its rash, he does it. Like this date, brining me to a place where him and the rest of SHINee will be performing later tonight, this to make up for having to cancel a date we had made previously.

“Tell me why you were running away.” He says, his voice a little hurt. “Bomi…” He says quietly. “Please?”

Hearing him like that I stop fighting and turn to look at him, his face portraying hurt, sighing I smile up at him, caressing his cheek I kiss the other one. “Jonghyun you’re rash, and you do things spur of the moment, I love that about you, but it can be a little overwhelming sometimes. It can be a little scary.”

 

I’ve never really seen him this open about our relationship, he’s always careful about us, Jonghyun is determine to protect me from the media, from his crazy fans that’d kill me if they knew that I’m dating him. Jonghyun normally pulls away from me in moments like this. He’ll play it off as if nothing were happening, I’d pout and be angry about it for a little while so when he pulled me by the waist and rand his hand along my jaw, pushing some hair out of my face and kissed me, not just kissed but made sure I knew something, that I’m someone he wants to be with, to hold close, at least I hope that’s the case.

 

“Bomi, don’t be scared.” He whispers smiling at me, that smile that had me from the moment he said hello to me.

Nodding my head numbly, a goofy smile on my face. “M’kay.”

Chuckling he picks up the mic in one hand and taking my hand in the other he leads me onto the stage. “BOMI!” He yells setting the mic aside, holding my hands. “Dance with me?” He asks me holding his hand out.

Chuckling I take it. “You’re over the top.” I whisper in his ear as we slow dance to the music that only we hear.

“I try.” He whispers back .”But I know you love that about me.”

“You’d be right.” I declare happily as we float around the stage, him twirling me, pulling me back close. “Jonghyun what’s this really for?” I ask him a little concerned.

Jonghyun happily leads me along until he dips me. “For you being you. I wanted to share something that I love, and I think you know that this is a date you can’t compare to another.”

Rolling my eyes I kiss his cheek as he brings me back up. “You’re definitely getting a big ego.”

“But I am right.” He says smugly. Nodding my head I agree with him, Jonghyun is right, there is no way I could ever have another date to compare to this, despite it being empty, and large and a bit much, it’s Jonghyun and private.

“You’ll have to try extra hard to top this.” I whisper as he lets go, taking the chance I run into his arms and hug him tightly. “Although I’m sure you’ll figure something out.”

“You’re right.” He says knowingly. “Come on, this date isn’t done yet.” He chides me.

 

Walking away in his arms, backstage I see where all the ‘magic’ happens. All their costumes are set for SHINee, people are running back and forth setting things up, avoiding Jonghyun and I as we walk around.

“You know you could have just taken me out for dinner.” I tell him happily.

He chuckles. “Like hell. You deserve more than a measly dinner.”

“I’d be fine with the dinner because it’d be with you.” I correct him. “It isn’t about how big it is, it’s about how special we make it.”

“Does this mean I get to have dinner with you?” He teases me. “Alone?”

Nodding my head we go to sit in the dressing room. “How much longer?” I ask noticing him checking his watch.

Sighing he frowns. “An hour or so.”

Nodding my head I lean on him, resting my head on his chest. “I’m happy.”

“Me too.” He whispers. “Perfectly happy.”

Giggling I kiss his chest. “I hope you guys do your best tonight.”

“Thank-you.” He whispers holding my hand. “I hope you’ll stay and watch.”

“You know I can’t.” I mumble  sadly. “Jonghyun I’ll get caught.”

He pouts. “You’ve never stayed. Please just this once.”

“It was your idea that I don’t. We run the risk of getting caught if I do.” I tell him sadly. “I’d like to but it be too risky.”

“Who cares?” He whispers hugging me tightly. “I want you to see it tonight, and all our other performance.”

Sighing I know it’s a bad idea, but I look at his eyes, the brown orbs that I know I’d do anything to see. “Only if you stay the night then.” I bargain with him.

“Deal.” He whispers happily. “I get to stay the night with my girlfriend AND she stays to watch.” He says contently. “Bomi, I’m glad you’re around.”

“Me too.” I mumble snuggling closer to him, letting out a yawn Jonghyun moves me so that I’m laying comfortably with his arms around me.

 

“Wake up.” Jonghyun says shaking me. “We’re about to go on.”

“Hyung!” Taemin calls him from somewhere. “Hurry!”

Hearing the screaming I jolt up. “Jonghyun?”

He smiles at me. “We’re going on, watch?”

I nod my head, sitting up I look at the monitor. “Here?”

“No.” He mutters funnily. “Over here.”

Dragging me along he pulls me so that I’m on the side, I can either look at the T.V. or at them literally.

Shocked I sit down in a chair, kissing me on the head quickly he runs on stage with the others, leaving me to be just as shock as the moment I met him. Watching him sing and dance in front of the huge crowd, along with the girls screaming his name. It was impressive really, but it wasn’t just that, Jonghyun doesn’t really change much on stage; he’s still the playful, happy, and kind guy that I’m falling for. During one of the songs Jonghyun begins to sing, not for all the fans but for me, staring me, serenading me in front of everyone. Covering my mouth I begin to tear up, he mouths ‘My silly girl’ before he turns to the crowd.

“My silly boy.” I whisper watching him, watching him perform, watching Jonghyun being him.

 

As the show ends Jonghyun happily wraps his arms around me. “Hello my silly girl.”

“Hey my silly boy.” I whisper back to him hugging him, despite him being unbelievably sweaty.

“Come on let’s get in bed.” He whispers kissing my cheek, leading me to the changing room Jonghyun changes quickly before he leads me to a car waiting, he waves good night to the others before closing the door.

“Really?” I ask him smiling; I’ll get him to myself for the whole night, well… the rest of the night.

He nods his head. “I made a bargain.”

“I didn’t.” I whisper holding his hand happily. “I got a steal.”

He kisses my temple. “You’d think that, but really I got that.”

 


 

Enjoy!!

Comment, Subscribe, Request!!