Change

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

“Aren’t I so much more fun than that kid?” Jiyeon asks as she steps closer, she flashes her eyes at me, this is all on purpose, and this is so I can hurt. Why? What did I ever do to her?

Sungho slowly nods his head. “Jiyoon isn’t so bad…” He says before Jiyeon greedily kisses his neck. “Ok say maybe she can be a bit dull.”

Dull? I have to hold it together, I should just leave. What am I even doing here? Oh yeah, Sungho and I were supposed to have a date. “A bit? She’s the poster child for it. Come on we can have some fun!” She giggles as she leans in closer, eventually he closes the gap, in the end it had been his choice. That’s what she wanted to prove. She didn’t do much; he’s the one who made the choice.

 

I just couldn’t process it. I mean really where do you even begin to? I just stare at them, they’re kissing. I mean it isn’t bad, but then again I am dating him, and she is well known for weaseling her way in. What’s worse is I never saw it coming, I wouldn’t have ever suspected it. I never would have thought he’d say those things, I never thought he’d agree with her, her of all people.

 

Spinning on my heel I leave the scene, because let’s be honest. I’m not that up front about things, I’m timid and too nice for my own good. Feeling tears prick at my eyes I quickly head to the one place I feel safe, the only person I’ve ever really been able to open up to.

 

Walking in with tears streaking my face Junhyung-oppa opens his arms to me. “Jiyoon what happened?” He asks me running his hand down the back of my head. “Huh? What’s making you cry?” He asks me again firmer this time. It may seem odd, I mean Junhyung can be scary, but he’s always protected me and been there when I need him most.

“Oppa can you teach me something?” I ask him quietly already making my mind up. I don’t want to feel like this again, I don’t want someone hurting me like this again.

“Teach you what?” He asks curiously as I pull out of his arms wiping my own tears away, maybe I am shy, maybe I am a bit dull, but I don’t have to stay like that, I don’t have to feel like this ever again. “Jiyoon what happened?” He murmurs watching me with a somewhat sad expression.

“Oppa teach me to be an idol.” I tell him seriously. “Please.”

He obviously hadn’t been expecting that, “Teach you to be an idol? Jiyoonie, you hate talking in front of people…” I stare at him, I want this. I need this. I don’t want to be small and passed over, not anymore. “Yah, will you tell me what happened? What’s brought your crazy desire to be an idol on?” Junhyung and I both stand there staring at each other. “Aish, fine. It’s not easy, and you cannot give up, ever. And when this is all done you’ll tell me what brought this change up.” Junhyung says holding his hang out.

Shaking it I smile at him. “Oppa, it means a lot to me. I promise I’ll give it my all and I won’t ever give up.”

 

~~~

 

Junhyung may have pulled a few strings to get me to be a trainee under Cube, and even more for him to be my mentor. I wasn’t going to disappoint him or myself. The more I think about it, the more absurd it seems for me to be doing this as a result of a guy who really doesn’t matter anymore and a girl who made it her life’s mission to make me cry to send me running away. Then again this is about more than that; it isn’t even about it anymore. This, this is about standing up for myself and proving I’m not someone to be messed with, not anymore.

“Jiyoon try making your voice a bit rough when you get to the third line.” Junhyung says while I practice late, like always. I feel bad for him staying late again. “Hey what’s with the face?” He asks as I roll my shoulders.

“Oppa, I’m sorry you’re staying late again. You must miss Hara.” I mumble feeling guilty. “And the other members too.”

“You know when we first started I thought you would quit. I didn’t think you’d have the guts.” He says gently. “But I couldn’t tell you no. This is the first time you’ve asked me something so that you could stand on your own.” Sighing he ruffles my hair. “I’d still like to know what made you ask me…Jiyoon it’s been two years and you’re still working hard. You have nothing to be guilty about, I’m proud of you.”

Smiling at him I look down and nod my head. “Oppa, do you remember Sungho?” I ask him quietly as he takes a seat motioning for me to join him.

“Tell me this isn’t for a guy.” Junhyung says annoyed at the idea. “I’ll kick you out of here right now if that’s the reason.”

Laughing I shake my head. “No, but he’s the start of it.” I say slowly. “You know Jiyeon right? I’ve told you about her.” I say louder this time, Junhyung stares at me hard. “Oppa, she called me dull, she’s walked over me for years, sent me away crying too many time to count.” Sighing I stand up turn around so I’m not facing him, stretching my arms I pause before I turn around. “Oppa this is all about me proving that I’m not weak, I can do more. That people can’t just walk over me. I’m not going to run away crying anymore. Oppa this is about me changing and showing myself I can do this, I can be happy, I don’t have to run to you crying to solve my problems.” I explain before I try the lines I’m supposed to rap again.

Junhyung laughs for a moment. “Jiyoon you’ll be just fine.” He says happily. “You know though, you better still come back to me.” He says playfully as he messes my hair up.

 

~~~

 

Smiling happily on a variety show, Strong Heart, I wave to the camera, Junhyung-oppa and the other members of Beast are next to me. “Aigo, she’s so cute!” Dong-yeop coos watching me from the side with Dong-wook nodding his head. “Park Jiyoon, we’ve waited a long time to have you on here.” He says smiling.

Laughing I nod my head. “Thank you, I’m actually really excited to be here.” I say smiling.

The MCs go into a fit seeing me. “Aigo, this isn’t even her aygeo!” There is a short cheer for me to show them.

“Look at Minho!” Boom cheers pointing to SHINee’s rapper, he’s smiling at getting pushed lightly by the other members.

“Minho-sshi are you a fan of Jiyoon-sshi?” Dong-wook asks curiously.

Nodding his head he smiles at me. “Yeah, I’ve been a fan since she debuted.” He explains smiling shyly, while s are laughing happily.

“He’s a huge fan. Whenever she’s on TV he’s completely focused on her and ignores everyone else.” Key says smirking happily. “Jiyoon-sshi are you a fan?” He asks turning to me.

I couldn’t help but burst out laughing. “Yeah, I am. I’ve always been a fan of SHINee.” I say smiling, Junhyung shakes his head. “Oppa isn’t very happy about it. He thinks I should support Beast more.” I explain smiling at him.

After we all die down from the MCs attempts to set Minho up with me and Junhyung saying he won’t have that.

“Jiyoon-sshi on your board you have ‘Change’ written on your board.” Dong-yeop says smiling at me.

Nodding my head I sigh lightly before I begin. “Change, it’s the sole reason I became an idol.” I tell everyone seriously, it’s been a few years now since I’ve debuted and I’m not doing too bad as a solo artist. So I open up about my story with Junhyung patting my shoulder supportively at some parts and holding my hand when I begin to cry. “So I changed, feeling so stepped on, and tired of running away from things like that, I wanted to show myself that I didn’t have to feel like that, I didn’t have to be shy about what I wanted, who I am or anything at all.” I sum up smiling.

Everyone is hanging onto each word. “Jiyoon-sshi, I hope you continue to smile.” Minho says from his chair. “You look pretty like that, and you’re strong enough to smile still.” He says earning ‘ah’s from everyone.

 

In the end I was the second to last story left, I wasn’t in it to win; I just wanted to get that off my chest, the story of me fighting for myself.

“Jiyoon-sshi!” Minho calls as I’m walking away with Junhyung and Doojoon laughing at a joke being told, turning my head I wave to them, keeping them at bay.

“Minho-sshi.” I say smiling at him, waiting for him to say something. “Did you need something?” I ask him chuckling at his frozen appearance.

“Yeah, I wanted to ask you to lunch, I just…I want to get to know you.” He says slowly getting a red face.

Nodding my head I blush myself. “That sounds like a good idea.” I say shyly, the most shy I’ve been since Junhyung started training me.

“Good, can you go right now?” He asks nervously. “Or do you have another schedule?”

Shaking my head I wave Junhyung and Doojoon goodbye as my manger comes over. “Oppa I’m going to go to lunch.” I tell him happily. “This is all for today right?” I ask him brightly.

Laughing he nods his head. “Like I could tell you ‘no’. The only one that can is Junhyung.” He says sighing. “Take good care of her and don’t get caught.”

 


Well, it isn't so much about SHINee, as it is a mention. @-@
I'm thinking about adding one last part to sum it up, but we'll see.
This was inspired by a Taylor Swift song, I don't normally listen to her
but I liked the idea ^^
But anyways the song is Better Than Revenge

Umm...yeah.

Guys, I'm kinda thinking about doing a contest, or starting one rather.
I'm not sure, I don't want to try and do one and have no one enter ; w ;
The idea is for you to message me telling me why you think you should be an OC
in one of the various Reasons to Smile series.
I don't know though. Let me know what you think?
I mean I have the plot, and I'm going to start writing them soon so...
I don't know yet though so look out for that in the next one shot
> w >
< w <

Comment?
<3

 

[21 Left]
[10 Planned]
[11 Slots available]

 

[EDIT: Yesterday was the mark of one year for this~!]