Happy For You

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

Seeing him that happy made my heart ache slightly, but at the same time flutter. The look on his face is the same look that he used to have on his face when we were together, but now it isn’t for me, I’m not the reason and I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt. It hurt. It hurt a lot. But seeing him that happy made me happy that he was able to find something to make him smile like that again.

“Min Ah!” Onew yells waving over at me, his eyes lighting up for a moment before he turns to look at the person holding his hand. “Yah, I haven’t seen you in ages! Where’d you disappear to?” He asks me friendly dragging the poor girl by her hand to meet me. “Min Ah?”

Chuckling I smile at him shaking my head slightly, bowing to the couple I smile at them. “Onew I told you my parents sent me abroad for a few years.” I tell him simply, they sent me right after we broke up. As much as I’d like to have stayed it was best that I went, I got the chance to move on; at least I thought I had.

“Oppa who is this?” The girl asks lightly, smiling up at Onew, the same way I had.

Looking down at the girl his grins widens. “Yoona this is Min Ah, my best friend.” He says turning slightly towards me. “Min Ah meet Yoona, my girlfriend.” He says slowly, suddenly realizing the situation he’d gotten himself into.

“Hello.” I say to her not skipping a beat, “I’m glad to see you’re both so happy together, how are the others?” I ask Onew him rubbing the back of his neck nervously. “Onew!” I chuckle poking the man’s forehead.

Shaking his hair lightly he glares at me playfully, “Good, they’re doing really well actually.” He says smiling at me. “Yoona why don’t you go catch up with them and tell them I ran into an old friend.” He says excitedly, the girl nods her head smiling at us as she walks up ahead of where I’d been shopping. “I forgot.” He whispers looking at me sorrowfully.

Shaking my head I smile at him. “Don’t worry about it; I don’t know if it’d be a good idea for me to see them though.” I say lowering my voice. “After all it isn’t exactly like we ended on a positive note.” I tell him looking over my shoulder. “I’m glad you’re happy though.” I say brightly, “You deserve it Onew.”

“You never called me Onew.” He whispers looking at me. “Have we really drifted that far apart that I’m ‘Onew’ to you?” He asks me sadly, his eyes scanning me. “Maybe we have…”

Smiling at him I resist the urge to his face, I no longer have that right, “Jinki what happened between us won’t change that I want the best for you.” Looking down I begin to walk away but before I leave him standing there I smile at him genuinely happy for him, to see him turn at the sound of her voice, that he visibly lightens up, his mood soars. “Jinki, I am happy for you.” I tell him walking away, crossing the busy street to catch a cab. Watching him I see Onew animatedly tell the four boys about me, and the girl looking up at Onew happily. I’m glad he’s found someone, I am.


A somewhat sad drabble for Onew. ^^ And I'm glad you're enjoying my writing TaeJaLoveYOU, and of course everyone else.

Comment, Request, and Subscribe!!