Dear Key, ...

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

Dear Key,

                To be perfectly honest I fell in love with you the moment I met you, but like all things I had to work to get you to believe me, and now after all the fighting I’ve done for you I think that to move on with my life to get past the fact that you’re with someone else you should know this. No matter what I’ll always think of you as my first love and even though I know you don’t believe it I’m thankful for getting the chance to know you, to get to be you friend. Key to move past this I’ll be moving, I don’t think I can bare to see you with her enjoying the little things, the big things and each other without wanting to tear my heart out, so to spare myself I’ll be flying out by the time you finish reading this. I hope that we can see each other again one day, hopefully when that day comes you’ll realize how much you mean to me and that maybe you’ll feel that way about someone too, that it breaks your heart to see them cry, to see them in pain, just like it is for me.

To keep this short, this is good-bye and I’m sorry that this can’t be a proper good-bye.

 

Sang Hee

 

Sealing the letter I grab my passport and plane ticket, stepping out with my bag I take a deep breath, this is the start of something new, this is my do-over. Walking down the steps I push my bangs out of my face, getting to the bottom steps I smile at the taxi driver.

Making the first stop at Jonghyun’s I ask the drive to wait for me, quickly running out I knock on his door.

“Oh, Sang Hee!” Jonghyun cheers, “What brings you here?”

Smiling at him sheepishly I hand him the letter addressed to Key. “Would you give this to Key tomorrow?”

Confused he takes it in hand. “Sure? But why don’t you?”

Smiling at him I turn around and shout my answer before getting in the taxi. “I won’t have time to!”

 

Making the final stop at the airport I thank the driver and wheel my suitcase, shifting my carry-on to my shoulder I make my way to the terminal. Listening to my shoes clack against the tile floor, the slight chill from the air conditioner and the distinct feeling that I’m about to feel very sad yet relieved following me all the way until I board and take my seat to LA to start my new life.

 

Key’s POV

 

Growling in annoyance at Jonghyun for letting Sang Hee leave I reread the letter trying to figure that she’s joking, after three years of always being at my side it’s hard to believe that she would just give up on me, that she’d let me be with a girl I’m not with.

“Are you stupid?” I ask him swatting him again. “You just let her go?”

Jonghyun rolls his eyes. “You never cared until now, how am I supposed to know?!” He yells covering his head. “Besides how was I supposed to know she’d be leaving the country?”

“Who told her I was with Ha Ni?!” I yell at him, glaring.

“It was a joke.”

“But you told her it was serious you idiot!”  I yell at him angrily, “You ruined it all you moron!”

“Calling my names won’t bring her back.” Jonghyun says pouting. “Besides she said she wants to see you again.”

Growling in annoyance I scan the note again trying to figure out where she’d go, but nothing, I can’t even think of a place she wanted to go, she was always changing her mind. “Come back…Please.”

 

Three Years Later

 

Sang Hee’s POV

 

Getting out of the taxi and looking around my new apartment I smile to myself. “Seoul you really haven’t changed much have you?” I ask no one in particular as I unlock my door.

“Sang Hee?” Someone calls from down the hall, turning I see Jonghyun a smile spread across his face. “You’re back?”

“Yeah.” I say slowly eyeing him. “Why?”

He laughs. “We’re neighbors.” He says pointing to the apartment diagonally from mine.

“Awesome?” I say giggling. “Anyways I’m a little beat, so we can catch up later or something.” I say edging inside. “It’s good to see you.”

“You too.” He says, a sly smirk on his face making me all the more worried, I mean it is Jonghyun and he isn’t exactly the most trustworthy friend.

 

A few hours later I hear a banging on the door. “Hello?” I say opening it to an angry Key.

“Yang Sang Hee.” Key seethes. “Where the hell have you been for the last three years?”

Shocked I back up, allowing Key to enter, closing the door he looks at me tenderly. “I missed you.”

Stunned I stare at him. “W-what?”

Frowning he hugs me tightly. “Sang Hee where did you go?”

“L.A.” I whisper looking at him, Key looking flawless as always, I figured I wouldn’t run into him seeing as Seoul is a large city, but of course I’d be wrong. “You look…”

“Like hell, for the past three years I have been racking my brain for a way to get in-touch with you.” He explains. “You’ve been stuck in my head for a long time, do you have any idea what it’s like not knowing if you’re alright or not? Or when I’d see you again?!” He says upset, gripping even tighter to me.

“Key…” I whisper hugging him. “I’m sorry.”

Chuckling he pulls back. “Just don’t leave again.” Pressing his lips against mine I feel a flood of emotions that I thought I’d gotten over, that I thought I wouldn’t feel again even if I did happen to run into Key, but here I am kissing him feeling each of them.



 

c:

Comment, Request, Subscribe