Closure

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

Laughing with the girls I smile looking around. It feels weird to look around, to see him with someone, I always wonder if he thinks about it too. We both have someone else, but there is always that wonder of what could have happened. I hate those, what could, what if, why didn’t we work out like we wanted?

“Something wrong Sooyoung?” Donghae asks holding my hand, “Sweetie?”

Turning to face him I shake my head. “No, everything’s fine.” I say smiling again, forcing myself to focus on the people around me and to put Key at the back of my head.

 

“Yah, we’re not done talking!” Key yells grabbing my hand. “Sooyoungie, what’s going on?” He asks me gently holding my hand stepping closer he runs his nose along my cheek. “Why are you avoiding me?”

Holding my breath I look at Key, Kibum, the boy I’d met a year ago, a boy I’ve watch become an idol. “What’s the point?” I ask him quietly. “You’re gone all the time, I’m gone…”I whisper blinking back tears. “Key why are me dragging this out?” I ask him quietly. “Why? What’s the point?”

Key’s grip slacks before tightening. “I don’t understand…Is this about what Jessica said?” nodding my head Key stares at me shocked.

 

“Donghae, I’m going to get something to drink, do you want anything?” I ask getting up, taking my purse with me.

“A coffee?” He asks me smiling turning away from the conversation. “Please?”

Nodding my head I kiss his cheek, Donghae can be the cutest person ever, it helps me to forget the fallout.

 

Key drops my hand, his shocked face, I know what Jessica had meant, that I shouldn’t be focusing on a relationship, that Key and I should both be devoting ourselves to our groups and careers, fans not each other. “She’s wrong.” Key whispers staring at me, Key never goes against Jessica, I think that’s part of it. The fact that he’ll pick her over me.

“No she isn’t.” I whisper turning my head. “We shouldn’t be so selfish, besides if our presidents find out we’ll be in big trouble.” I whisper smiling at him. “Key, I’ll be leaving first.”

 

It’s hard to believe that it’s been two years now. “Sooyoungie?” I hear his familiar voice call from behind me. “Is that you?”

Turning I smile at Key, him the same. “Key,” I say happily, I do feel happy “It has been a while, congratulations by the way.” I tell him smiling.

“Yeah you too. Have you been well?” Nodding my head I smile at him as I order the coffees. “Two?”

“I’m with my boyfriend.” I tell him shyly. “What about you?”

“Girlfriend.” He says chuckling, somehow hearing that made things feel better, I thought I’d dread seeing Key again, I thought I would dash out of the room trying not to be seen.

“Key you’re here too?” Donghae asks walking over to us, wrapping his arm around my waist. “Do you two know each other?”

“Hyung?” Key asks shocked, “Yeah” He says glancing at me, his eye relaying his shock. “I actually met her a few years ago now.”

 

Walking away was hard, knowing that I really wouldn’t get a chance to him again, that Key and I would be on different planes now. Him focusing on his singing career and I on my acting. As much as I disagree with Jessica about most things, right now while we’re starting out and making a name for ourselves in this hectic and always changing industry it is imperative that we focus on our future plans, and not on this thought of instant gratification. Turning my head I see Key standing there dazed hailing a cab, him a look of shock, sadness and pain on his face. I hope this is the right thing to do, not just for him but for me too.

 

“I see,” He says smiling at his dongsang; I would forget that they’re under the same agency. “Are you here with Sanghee?” He asks smiling friendly.

“Yeah, we’re just grabbing something to eat before we head back to pick up the guys.” He says smiling. “It was nice to see you again Sooyoungie.” Key says bowing slightly to us before waving goodbye with his lunch and Sanghee’s in a bag and heading out the door.

“Sooyoung?” Donghae asks me confused by my sudden behavior, “Did something happen?”

Shaking my head I smile at Donghae, happily. “No, come on let’s go for a walk in the park, we have done that in a while.” I say grabbing his hand. Is this what closure feels like? Feeling like you made the right choice? Having this free feeling, no longer carrying that little bit of guilt around. I hope so, because suddenly everything feels right.


I sort of lost the point on this one I think, but I like the idea of seeing two people both moving on with their lives after something breaking them apart. Them becoming strangers again and happening to bump into each other again at a random place years later.

 

Comment, Request, Subscribe!!