A Playlist to Breathe To

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

 

Putting my headphones on, I turn them up loud, I’m tired of hearing all the things around me; meaningless fighting, idiotic statements, and most of all people trying to get my attention. Gathering my things I leave the room, tapping my fingers on my sides as I listen to Bangkok City, eventually I start dancing along with it, happily enjoying my time that I have to myself, the time I don’t have to hear.

 

Walking along the cobble stone path that leads away from school I look around blowing out air in the frigid temperatures, happily enjoying the winter air, partly because the world seems so much more silent than other times of the year and because it’s actually quite beautiful, a time of year you have an excuse to hold someone’s hand…if you have a someone.

“Excuse me?” A buy says stopping me. “Could I ask you for directions?” He asks me out of breath smiling at me slightly.

Pulling my headphones out I nod my head. “Sure, where to?”

Cheering he excitedly asks me to direct him to “The dance studio, I’m supposed to be there…” Checking his watch he becomes alarmed. “In ten minutes!”

Watching him freak out I chuckle at him, “I’m on my way right now, it’ll take about five minutes.” I tell him putting my iPod away. “Come on.”

Relieved he follows me along. “I’m Taemin.” He says falling in step with me.

Looking at him I nod my head, taking note of the resemblance he has to that famous guy, only he’s in Japan, at least that’s what everyone is saying. “I’m Eun-Ju.” I tell him politely. “It’s nice to meet you Taemin-Ah.”

Grinning he happily skips in step. “I saw you dancing a little before, you’re pretty good.”

Blushing slightly I bow to him. “Thank-you.” I whisper to him feeling happy that he’s acknowledged my dancing; also slightly embarrassed that he saw me dancing.

“What song were you dancing to?”

“Bangkok City” I tell him happily, taking notice for the first time the world’s volume seems to go on mute, the sound of cars gone, and people gone, or rather on mute while I’m taking with Taemin. “Do you like to dance?”

“Deh, I love it. I can’t get enough.” He says throwing your hands behind his head. “It’s like…A playlist…You know?”

“Yeah, it’s in a way indescribable.” I whisper happily. “I need to dance; it’s like if I can’t”

“You might as well not breathe?” Taemin asks me, nodding my head his smile grows. “It’s the same way for me.”

Nodding my head I smile at him. “Here we are.” I tell him pointing towards the studio. “This is the one right?”
“Yeah.” He says waving to a few guys. “Come on I want to introduce you to my friends!” He squeals taking my head he runs inside with my trailing behind him a smile evident on my face.

 

Inside we’re hit with warm air, a huge contrast to the winter air, “Guys this is Eun-Ju, and she’s a dancer!” Taemin says cheerfully. “Eun-Ju these are my Hyungs, Onew, Jonghyun, Key and Minho.”

“Yah, what are you doing blabbing about it!” Key nags.

“That’s so odd.” I say laughing a little. “You guys look like that one group, you even have the same names I think.” I say chuckling. “Hair too…”

Taemin tilts his head smiling. “We are that group.”

Dropping my head I stare at them awe struck. “Really?”

They all nod their heads, approvingly. “It’s nice to meet you Eun-Ju.” Onew says smirking.

“Very.” Taemin whispers to me. “Come let’s dance!” He says pulling his jacket off, waiting for me to do the same. “Come on!”

Chuckling I nod my head following his lead I take my jacket off, setting it with my bag and hat on the ground, letting our playlist play out.