Left On The Edge

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

I hate when people say love is enough, telling you that if you love someone enough everything will be ok. It won’t, just loving someone won’t make things better. What’s worse is that the person you love may not be the best person to love. Trust me on this, love isn’t enough, love doesn’t solve all your problems; in fact love is the root cause for most of them. Loving someone too much will bring you to the exact same place as where I am…Rock bottom. Hell I’ve been here since Jonghyun decided I wasn’t the girl, I wasn’t the right one.

 

Looking up at the sky, it pouring down, “You must really hate me right?” I ask the universe, I don’t really care if I get a reply or not. “You introduce Jonghyun into my life; I fall hopelessly in love with him and then what? I let my world get turn upside down by that idiot and he leaves me, alone.” I whisper looking back down at the now dark grey, wet, cold, and lonely pavement. “I hate you.” I whisper crying. “I hate him, I hate me, and I hate that I still love him.”

 

Why is it that when you get the perfect love story it ends up not being true, what in reality you get is a tragedy? Over and over again.

 

“Out of all the girls I’ve dated, you definitely were the wrong one to let go, to ruin, to pass up, for me to be with.” Jonghyun says coming out of nowhere, taking a seat next to me he frowns. “I think that’s why I tried making you fall out of love with me so many times.”

Scoffing I look away from him, Jonghyun of course has this way of showing up just when I’m ready to move on, at least to commit to it more. “You know I think that’s the worst part. I just can’t get over you. You’re just the one guy that every girl dreams of meeting. I hate it.” I whisper looking down at my feet. “I feel like if I had done something different you would have stayed by my side. You might have loved me like I love you.”

“I’ve always loved you. It’s just never been right. People were always telling me that you shouldn't be with someone like me.”

“Then maybe you should have ignored them.” I whisper harshly. “I didn’t give a damn what they were saying. People were always trying to get me to break up with you, to end things. I couldn’t I was so happy even though I knew what might happen, but I kept telling myself ‘I was different. You wouldn’t leave someone you acted so happy around’. I was wrong.” I tell him standing up, my voice gradually getting louder. “And I’ve had this weight in my chest ever since I fell in love with you, and I knew that I couldn’t possibly love anyone like I do you. I couldn’t even consider falling in love because you were just what I found what I needed, wanted. You became my everything, and when you left I had nothing.” I tell him crying. “You didn’t turn around; you talked to me like it was all my fault. God I’ve been carrying that around!”

Jonghyun looks at me surprised. “You could do better than me.” He whispers. “You’re perfect. You’re the one thing I couldn’t capture on film how I wanted because I was afraid to share you.”

Glaring at him I slap him across the face. “You were perfect for me.” I cry hunching over. “You should have manned up. You should have just admitted the falling in love with someone like me and thought you were finally becoming a man instead you ran. You couldn’t face the uncertainty so you left me along on the edge.”

“I’ve come back haven’t I?” He whispers quietly. “I’ve come to you, you whose been waiting for me since I backed away.” Jonghyun says quietly.



 

I actually like how I have this flowing. Normally I don't but this is a welcomed surprise.

Comment, Request and Subscribe!!