Truth

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

In life you meet people and for the most part you just assume that whatever it is that they’re saying isn’t true, at least people like me do. If you don’t, I sincerely envy you, but hearing Jonghyun now saying all those I was having a hard time focusing on all the words spewing out of his mouth. I know Jonghyun, I know him so well, and that’s what’s paining me most. I can tell when he’s lying or not, I know him so well that if it really came down to it I would bet my life on it…That Kim Jonghyun is telling the truth.

 

I stare at Jonghyun blankly. He’s sitting there staring at me with a sad look on his face. “I know I messed up, I know I hurt you, but Iseul…” I couldn’t hear him after that; it was like I just shut down. What’s worse is I know he’s being honest. Knowing someone so truly is hurtful, there’s a lot you can do with that kind of knowledge.

“What’s changed?” I ask him interrupting him mid-ramble. “What’s brought all this on?” I ask him trying to regain my senses; I’ve never needed them more and they have a tendency to drift away when I need them…

Jonghyun pats the ground next to him for me to take, doing so he lets out a sigh, “Iseul, after seeing you at the mall for the first time in months I thought I’d been given the chance of a life time, but then seeing what I’d done to you, how I’d hurt you, left you, and then hearing you…I’ve been trying to figure a way to make it up to you, to try and let you have something…”

Confused I stare at him, I know I shouldn’t be listening, and that he’s right after all that I’ve been through is because of him, I should just smash the hopes of us to pieces, and yet here I am still hanging on to every word falling out of his mouth. “Let me have what?” I ask him quietly after he’d left off.

Taking my hand he it gently, turning it over he looks in to my eyes, “The truth, letting you know why. I shouldn’t have been such a jerk and left you, I shouldn’t have pretended to go with all those girls, but I was so terrified of how I feel about you that I’d convinced myself that you could find someone new, someone better, more deserving.” He whispers smiling sadly at our hands, as I tighten mine he looks at me, “Should I be worried?”

Shaking my head I smile at him, “You know a little bit of the truth can do a lot, being honest can really change things.” I whisper before standing up, my hand still holding his, “This doesn’t mean we’re just back to where we were.” I tell him.

“I don’t even want to start there.” He groans getting up, “I’d rather go back to that day you smiled at me and tell myself don’t blow it.”

“I was flirting with fire.” I whisper taking my hand back, “We’ll start over. New plate.” I tell him walking away.

“Where’re you going?” He calls trying to catch up with me.

Chuckling I turn back to look at him, “New plate, I don’t know you yet. You’re still the stranger that I’m slowly flirting with and working up the courage to say hello to.” I tell him sassily. “So you better step up your game Mr. Infamous.” I chide him getting to me car, “I’ll be at the café maybe tomorrow."

Jonghyun stops and smiles at me, “I’ll be there definitely.” He says as I start my car, driving off I wave to him feeling better and at the same time scared, a type of scared I hadn’t known until I fell in love with Jonghyun, a type of scared that might send this ship we’re on to the bottom, but at least I know the truth now, and for now that’ll get me and Jonghyun through the get to know you phase again.



 

And by demand I have posted the last installment of Jonghyun and Iseul, this was supposed to be a one deal type of thing, but I'm glad you guys liked this, and I hope you enjoy the somewhat vague and open ending, so you never know maybe I'll have something new to add to them. But for now violà.