Reasons to Smile; Songs

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

“Jonghyun can you sing ‘Mental Breaker’ for me?” I ask him randomly while we lounge around the SMe building. It’s a bit rare for me to come here, and even more that Jonghyun isn’t busy.

Jonghyun gives me a funny look, “Why?” He asks with a slight smile. “Wouldn’t you rather me sing something I know the lyrics? Anyways isn’t most of that song rapping?” He questions me quickly.

Shrugging me shoulders I grin at him. “I like the ‘la-la-la’ parts. Besides you can sing anything.” I giggle as he tugs me closer to nuzzle his head against me. “Please or maybe you could sing me ‘Back To You’!” I giggle as he kisses my cheek. “Please I love hearing you sing.” I beg him pouting slightly.

“Yah Dayoungie how am I supposed to refuse you when you make that face?” He whines seeing my pout. “Aish, you’re too cute.” He mumbles to himself before he attempts to sing ‘Back To You’, quite happily I listen to him sing for me; his powerful vocals really aren’t a joke. “You look happy? Hmmh Dayoung?” He asks pulling me to sit at a table in the cafeteria; we’re supposed to meet a couple of other SMe artists here.

Nodding my head I rest my body against his. “How about ‘Nonsense’ would you sing that for me too?” I question him happily.

Jonghyun complies happily singing to me, he’s not singing loudly, but he is giving it his all, which I like. “Anything else Dayoungie?” He whispers in my ear, causing my face to redden. “Ah you’re still shy how cute!” He coos hugging me tightly. “Oh Hyung you’re here.” He says still sounding very happy.

“Well we’re supposed to meet Jonghyun,” Kyuhyun-sshi says shaking his head at Jonghyun. “Though it is always nice to see you Dayoung-ya.” He says casually and quite happily. “How are you?” He asks obviously ignoring Jonghyun’s now slightly pouty face.

“I’m good, and you Kyuhyun-sshi?” I ask him smiling, smacking Jonghyun’s wandering hands. “You know it’s always nice to see you too.”

Kyuhyun smiles at us as Yesung and Jinki take seats across from us. “The loving couple is still very loving.” Yesung-sshi says teasing us. “It’s a bit hard to believe that they’re still like that.” He says to Jinki.

“You have no idea.” He jokes smiling at me, “Though she seems to mellow Jonghyun’s temper out quite a bit.”

I nod my head happily agreeing with this statement. Jonghyun nudges me lightly. “It’s probably all the songs you ask me to sing.” He teases me. Again I nod my head, all too happy to just to be with the lovely vocalist.

“Oh you’re lucky Jonghyun, she’s cute.” Yesung-sshi says chuckling.

When it comes to those kinds of statements Jonghyun gets a bit possessive, so I’m not really surprised when he brings me even closer to him, to the point where we’re practically sharing a seat. “SPY” I tell Jonghyun excitedly. Rolling his eyes at me he happily complies while the others order lunch for us, singing to me happily I rest my head on his shoulder. “Thank you.” I mumble closing my eyes to enjoy his voice.

“Do you always request songs from him?” Kyuhyun-sshi asks curiously as Jonghyun finishes the little bit of the song.

I nod my head happily. “I like Jonghyun’s voice a lot, so I might get a little carried away sometimes.” I tell him happily. “But he never really seems to say no.”

“That’s because you pout.” Jonghyun says teasingly. “I can’t say no to that face, you can be too cute.” He says causing me to blush again. As we settle into conversations Jonghyun suddenly whispers in my ear. “Maybe a reward for all the songs I’ve sang for you?” He asks. Turning to face him I see that same smirk on his lips that I happen to love, leaning in I peck his lips quickly before the others really have a chance to process what had just happened. “Dayoungie~!” Jonghyun whines tugging on my arm lightly. “That’s not a reward, that’s just teasing me.”

“Yah not at the table, you can get your so-called reward when you’re alone with Dayoungie.” Yesung-sshi says poking him while shaking his head. “You’re too comfortable in public like that.” He mutters shaking his head slightly.

“I still think I should get that reward now.” He whispers as the others return to their conversations. “Please.”

Scoffing I face Jonghyun I give him a kiss, a real one as he’d call it and he quite happily accepts this as I pull away I hit his arm lightly. “You’re too much.” I giggle ignoring the looks the others are giving us, even if they aren’t disapproving and more over teasing.

 


 

> u <
Well we're definitely getting there.
Umm so yes.
Also thank you guys for so much support!!
Next is Taemin's~!

[17 left]
[13 planned]
[4 available]

Onew | Jonghyun | Key [2] | Minho [1] | Taemin [1]