The Plan

SHINee One Shots & Drabbles

 

All I know is when I grow old I want to be happy, not happy alone, not happy because I settled, not happy because I’ve done right in the world, but happy because I found my special someone. You hear about it all the time, in book, movies, songs and even everyday life: I want that special someone to sweep me off my feet. Well I want that too, but if I have to I’ll do the sweeping off the feet part as long as he’ll be mine. I want someone that will look at me and think,‘god she is beautiful, she’s lovely, I love her.’

I’m Hara. I’m just a teenager dreaming of the love, that first boy I’ll meet and I’ll have the sparks, magical kisses, and blissful memories, late nigh talks, dates of wonder, fights that have us apologizing and coming back together with our feelings rekindled. I want all of that, the good and the bad. But I just haven’t found it yet, I haven’t had that special someone to come along and make me double take. I haven’t had that guy that will stare at me and just compliment me for no reason out of the blue. Call me a dreamer, a romantic.

 

“Excuse me.” A guy says pushing past me, “Sorry.” He says bowing to me turning around, as he comes up and his hair catches in his face I in air. He’s stunning, not just stunning but beyond beautiful, his eyes were gorgeous, they were like warm honey.

“It’s alright.” I mumble bowing embarrassed for staring at him. “I’m Hara.” I say, it’d slipped out like all that I was just thinking about was finally coming true.

“Taemin, it’s nice to meet you.” He says happily walking besides me. “Can I tell you something?” Nodding my head I smile at him to continue, I’d lost most of my voice in his presence. “I’d tripped into you as an excuse to talk to you.” He says rubbing his neck. “I’ve seen you around the café so much that I’ve sort of gotten attached.” He says. “In a non-creepy stalker way.” He adds quickly blushing lightly.

Call me a er, but I was swept. “I’m glad you did.” I mumble shyly, “Do you want to get a table together?” I ask him as we pause in our conversation, both at a loss.

Nodding his head we order and take a seat at a two seated table. “I dance.” Taemin spills out as we sit looking around unsure what to say next. Surprised I look at him, “I just wanted to break the silence.”

Laughing I smile at him, “Do you really?” I ask him leaning forward.

 

That was all it took, Taemin and I would meet in that little café nearly every day and just talk about everything we could never get off our chests, or anything we found interesting. Every time that I saw Taemin my heart would swell, I’d feel like I was on top of the world, but when I wasn’t with Taemin everything seemed dull and mundane. There of course was another problem besides the withdrawal, we’re just friends or rather we were stuck at friends it seemed like.

 

“You know even for best friends you two are really close.” Key comments as Taemin goes to get our drinks. “I mean you both just fit together so well.”

“You know as well as I do Taemin isn’t looking for a girlfriend.” I tell him in an almost exasperated tone. “Taemin is very happy with us being friends.”

“Yeah, because he’d be the first to know if you get a boyfriend.” Jonghyun says smirking at me. “Face it. You both like each other but since the first day you both met neither is taking that crucial first step towards dating.” He says shrugging his shoulders. “I think that someone should shove you both to it.”

“Hyung that’s wrong.” Minho says scrunching his nose. “Hara, I think you and Taemin are fine, you’ll both get together. It’s inevitable.”

Blinking I glance at the eldest, Onew, “Give it all you have.” Onew says smiling at me. “Hara; you and Taemin are as good as gold anyways. Everyone can see it.”

Smiling I glance at Taemin, but I wish I hadn’t, there he is chatting up a girl, or maybe it’d been the other way around. But there it is. Key and the others must have followed my ling of sight. “Good as gold huh?” I ask them quietly, getting up I smile at them; they all look at me with wide eyes. “I’ll see you guys around.”

“No, wait!” Key says grabbing my arm and jerking it down. “Just wait it out. I’ll ask; you just talk with Minho or something. Don’t jump to conclusions.” He hisses pulling me back into my seat.

The empty seat next to me is suddenly filled, Jonghyun is smiling at me.  “So Hara…” He says grinning at me like an idiot.

“Yeah Jonghyun.” I say masking the hurt with a sarcastic façade. “Some plan huh?” I ask him.

Jonghyun shoots me an apologetic look as Taemin sits down, animatedly; Key and he start to talk while Minho and Onew add in. Leaving Jonghyun and I to talk, well sort of talk, awkwardly.

“She was hilarious; she gave me her number and everything.” Taemin says happily, a little too happily for my heart to take. At that moment Jonghyun glances at his phone then at me, giving him an interested glance I tilt my head to convey my curiosity, after all this would be a distraction.

Apparently I wasn’t the only one aware of how much it hurt because the next thing I know Jonghyun is reaching up and brushing hair out of my face, Taemin goes silent as I let Jonghyun cup my face, leaning in he brushes his lips against my cheek, “Just a push for you.” He whispers in my ear.

Frozen I listen to Jonghyun suddenly tell me some dumb joke to get me to giggle, well at least he told me to at the end of it. Pulling away he smiles at me. “You’re stupid.” I mumble lightly pushing his arm.

Jonghyun and I turn to the rest of the table, Taemin watching me and Jonghyun, Onew carries on the conversation as though Jonghyun had never come so close to me.

“Key did you see that show last night?” He asks him, to which Key says yes. “The ending was pretty good right?”

“What show?” Taemin asks blinking out of whatever it was. “Hyung?”

Jonghyun then pokes my side, squirming I turn to look at him, Jonghyun points to the arcade across from the restaurant. Getting up he offers me his hand, taking it I follow him quietly. Once away from the table Jonghyun talks to me. “Onew texted me to push.”

“I sort of got that.” I tell him quietly, “But really it doesn’t matter right? If we’re inevitable then we’ll be together right?”

“If you guys walk towards it, but neither of you are stepping.” Jonghyun says. “Anyways I’m sure Taemin will text you. Let me see it before you respond.”

Shrugging my shoulders I follow him in, stepping into the photo booth I sit with Jonghyun, neither of us moving or talking, just waiting. Finally my phone goes off alerting me of a text.

‘Why’d you run off with the dino?’

“Yah, you both call me dino behind my back?!” Jonghyun asks raising his voice, “Jerks.” He says crossing his arms over his chest.

“Maybe we should call you the touchy dino.” I waiting for him to tell me what to say, “Well? This is your plan.”

“Tell him we both just wanted to get out of there or something. Leave it vague.” He says putting money in finally, “Smile.”

Looking up I smile, afterwards we stand by the machine waiting, I lean against it with Jonghyun resting his arm beside my head while standing in front of me. “Might as well sell?” I ask him intrigued by his odd stance; getting a nod he sticks his tongue out at me. Laughing I turn away from his to pick out the pictures. “Dork.”

“Meanie.”

“Dino.”

“Shy Girl.”

Stopping I face him pushing him again. “I know.” I say handing him some pictures.

“Yah! You gave me all the weird ones!” He says as I skip away from him, waiting for him outside the arcade I flaunt the pictures in front of him. “YAH!”

“What would I do with the funny ones?!” I ask him as I hold the pictures out of his reach as he wraps his arms around me trying to reach them. “Huh?”

“At least give me one good one!” He says reaching in vain.

Laughing I keep holding the pictures away from him, “Shorty!” I giggle waving the photos out of reach still. “How tall are you again?” I ask him smiling.

As the pictures are plucked from my hand I stare in surprise at Key, Minho, Onew and Taemin all leaning into to look at the pictures now in Key’s hands, “Cute.”

Jonghyun releases me. “See, I should at least get one.”

Taemin looks at me then at the pictures. “Come on Hara we better get going.” He says nodding his head over.

I glance at Jonghyun, he’s busy eyeing the pictures in Key’s hands; I quickly grab them and stick my tongue out at Jonghyun. “Where are we going?” I ask Taemin stuffing the photos into my pocket.

“The movies, the guys are coming too, but they want to go get something, candy.” Taemin says smiling at me.

Nodding my head I wave to Minho, Onew and Key, Key grabs Jonghyun pulling him with them, “See you guys soon.”

“Yeah!” They all chorus waving, leaving Taemin and I alone.

Silently we walk through the mall; I follow Taemin, right past the theater, out of the mall and to a courtyard. “A movie?” I ask him quietly.

“You wanted to get away right?” Taemin asks me looking at me. “Do you really like dino?”

Laughing I smile at him. “Jonghyun is a good friend. Yeah, I like him.” I tell him smiling, “Just like I like Key, Minho and Onew.”

Taemin sighs. “So the only one you don’t like is me?”

“No, I like you differently.” I whisper taking his hand, “I’ve liked you since we met. But…” I say releasing his hand, “You seem to like that other girl.”

“I was more over excited.” He whispers taking my hand, “That all quickly went away when Hyung kissed you, made you laugh and then stole you away.”

“Mine was gone the moment I turned around and saw you talking to the girl so friendly.” I mumble gripping his hand.

Taemin smiles at me and wipes my cheek, the cheek Jonghyun had kissed, “There, now that’s gone.” He says smiling at me, then he rubs my forehead, “And the memory of me talking to that girl.” Finally he kisses my forehead. “And now I’ve patched it all up.”

Blushing I hold his hand tighter, looking up I kiss Taemin’s cheek, smiling we both get up and head to the theater. “Jonghyun knows we call him dino, we should probably come up with something else.”

“S.D.J.?” Taemin asks me smiling. “Shorty Dino Jonghyun.” He explains smiling at me.

Laughing I nod my head, “S.D.J. sounds good.”



 

I changed directions with this one pretty fast, but it is longer than most, and I'll get right on your one shot RiCa. ^^

Comment, Subscribe, Request!!